Official Indian(South Asian Champs) Football Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by sahbekham_pactwinner, Jan 4, 2006.

1. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    well i just wanted to get an idea of how many indians are actually here at big soccer. what do you guys think of india's chances in a group of
    JAPAN
    SAUDIARABIA
    YEMEN
    INDIA. :D

OUTSIDERS OPINION WELCOME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Re: Chances of india (SOUTH ASIAN CHAMPIONS)

India could win against Yemen , but Saudi and Japan would be a lot tougher :rolleyes: India lost just 1-0 to Japan in last World Cup qualifying matches , so everything is possible , good luck !! :D

3. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005

yeah :D

4. Re: Chances of india (SOUTH ASIAN CHAMPIONS)

Shouldn't India be a good soccer team, they do have 1 billion people living there.
    Is Soccer popular in india?

5. 中村俊輔

中村俊輔 Red Card

Jan 4, 2006

Its wrong.

Japan 7-0 India
    India 0-4 Japan

6. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005

Majority of the people are interested in cricket but when those majority are converted into soccer fanatics, u just wait and see ;) .

7. Liban

Liban Red Card

Jul 24, 2003

India has no chance even Yemen will crush it

8. PersianSaam14

PersianSaam14 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2005
    Dubai

I thought india lost 4-0 to japan at home not 1-0 and 7-0 away, get ur facts rite

9. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005

Hey who are we kidding with. It wont be surprising if india doesnt qualify from this group. Its a damn tough group. India has been placed with two kings of asia (saudi arabia and japan) and these two countries have been dominant since the past two decades with each of them being declared the asian champions three times............totalling six asian cup between them since 1984.
    Hopefully we will beat yemen :D .

Interesting fact: India 2nd (runners up) of asia in 1964 :cool: .

BY THE WAY DID INDIA PLAY WITH SAUDI ARABIA BEFORE?

10. corina

corina New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    Kathmandu United

Asian Games 1982 . Saudi 2 India 1.

11. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005

Ooh nice thanx

12. PersianSaam14

PersianSaam14 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2005
    Dubai

yemen is a gd team they will crush india as liban sed

13. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City

India has improved alot recently... I'd fancy them over Yemen. They played a friendly against Kuwait in which they won 3-2 sometime last year:eek: and if I remember right they were leading 3-0 at half-time :eek: I wouldn't say they would get any points from either Saudi Arabia or Japan at home nor away, but they most likely will stand behind them with 6 points :)

good luck to them

14. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada

india and japan from the group :p

15. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005

Are u serious india won against kuwait or are u joking. probably kuwait played with a B team.

16. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City

we don't have that lie in Kuwait... B team that is! it was a friendly, so manager was trying different appraoches to the game. but still, conceding three after 45 minutes at home was disasterous :eek:

17. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005

well you are right . it was disastrous to losing to india.
    But any ways i hope the kuwait team becomes stronger again and beat australia.

18. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005

Saudi Arabia national team manager Fahad Al Musaibih has a different view. He thinks india is more powerful than Yemen :D

""The Japanese team is strong and they are well known but India are a powerful team while Yemen are an improved side and they caused some problems for us in the last Gulf Cup,” Al Musaibih told FootballAsia.com."

I wonder what he means by that :rolleyes:

Good but not easy, says Al Montashari

19. murlikt

murlikt New Member

Apr 14, 2002

Sah_Beckam India will most likely not qualify from this group but the main thing is to give a good fight and get respect. Against Saudi India will surprise, they will not win but they will give resistance. Against Japan also they will lose but we played them last time and at least we know what to expect. Against Yemen well lets see who will get crushed I can assure you it will be more even than u think.

Abt the Kuwait game first it was a friendly but also it was like a testimonial game for Bashar Abdulla their top striker and they had their 'A' team. Also the India team that played their had many missing players our striker Baichung was not there and 90% of the players were youngsters because the top clubs would not release the players and also because injuries. We have a new coach, the players are actually getting money for matches, and we are in form with many new players so lets see.

20. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I would place India as a sleeper team. While Saudi and Japan (heh) are making their rounds, India might do something unexpected. I think if India does well in this group, their world rankings going to go on the up and up.

21. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005

In just two months the INDIAN team has risen an impressive 17 places in FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking to 118th position:D .

A giant stride for India

22. valanjak

valanjak BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis

INDIA in FIFA world ranking = 118th India in World population ranking =2nd

23. murlikt

murlikt New Member

Apr 14, 2002

Ya it was a great jump in ranking also the FIFA article was nice ( only the player in the pic was not Rajeeb Ahmed it was Surkumar Singh, plus India beat Singapore 1-0 in Margoa) This means now India is ranked higher than Lebanon, Malaysia, Yemen, Vietnam, Malta, NZ :) Im sure these teams have achieved more but you never know.

Well with our population and the way the sports in this country is mismanaged (corruption, politics, lack of contract system) we should try to get closer to China's ranking of 73 it can be done if things are progressing in Indian football

24. Pescado

Pescado New Member

Jul 5, 2004

China's ranking is 73 :eek:

25. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Being originally from India, I'd love to see them do well. It's always been a disappointment to me reading up on qualifying or any tournament and just seeing the history of lackluster finishes.

Hopefully something will change for the positive soon...