OFFICIAL Guatemala Road to Germany 06 thread[R]

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by Guatefc, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toronto Papi

Toronto Papi New Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Don't be mad because Italy isn't winning either, stuck up LOSER.

2. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Re: Maradiaga Fired

I say hernan sandoval and Salguero in 2010 you also forgot to mention loco rodriguez (MLS columbus crew) he gave that spectacular pass to ruiz vs mexico

3. LA CURVA SUD ROMA

LA CURVA SUD ROMA BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 24, 2005
    Montreal
  4. Goathemala

Goathemala Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Monterey,California
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Tua mamma sa que Io ho la piu grande, le piace la bannana a la tua puttana, si la prendo in il culo. Figlio di putanna ti piace molto la Banana :eek: iguale que la tua mamma. :D

5. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Get the fvck out idiot, BTW you'll get a gift from us soon.

6. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    Hey Filhoe, your full of **********. Did you see the Guate. goals? They were real goals with merit. T&T's second goal was between three Mexican defenders that didn't even attempt to block it. As for the missed penalty kick it was really easy to script that. The Mex. goalie knew where it was going ahead of time. They set that up to decrease suspicion. Just like how Warner chose to buy off a sorry Central American official (Honduras)in that game to attempt to make it less obvious.

It's clear that Warner bought T&T it's fourth place spot. He payed Mexico and Paname, and countless officials to get the reseults. Why do you think Ruiz kept getting bull********** yellow cards that kept him from playing games. This was well planned by that as*hole Warner. I'm sure the bastard already tried to buy Bahrain.

So ********** you Trinidad and Tobago

7. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Anthony85

I know that you're really frustrated but if you don't mind, I have a few questions that I'm going to ask you respectfully. So I would appreciate a respectful response:

Since you sincerely believe that it is possible for Warner to have bought the cooperation of so many people, do you think that it is possible--according to your theory--that some Guatemalam players were also involved? There were a couple of very disappointing results. Do you think that maybe some Guatemalan players didn't play as hard as they could have or that the coaching was suspect?

Do you believe that anyone from the Guatemalan federation was involved?
    Maybe including some players?

I'm asking because I saw both games and I didn't see anything that indicated to me what you believe. Both games looked like all the teams were trying.

Since you have obviously given this a lot of thought, I'm just curious for your opinion.

The other question I have is if you really think that Guatemal got screwed, do you think that you will be so enthusiastic with your support of the team in the future? Have you lost all confidence in Guatemala getting a fair chance in CONCACAF competition in the future??? Have the Chapines that you are in contact with feel the same way as you do?

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Much respect.

8. romero09

romero09 New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    .*-PEREZ ZELEDON -*.
    This thread sucks :D

9. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    Yankiboy,

No I don't believe that any Guatemalan players had anything to do with Warner's plans. I don't know if you saw their post-game interviews, the team was crying their eyes out.

I've spoken to many die-hard Mexican fans and they are very angry because they are convinced (as am I) that their beloved team sold-out to Warner. We also have to take into consideration the fact that Mexico always attempts to aggrandize themselves as the soccer giants, so losing one game to Trinidad and Tobago was worth it in their eyes to prevent Guatemala from going to the WC, which would decrease their prestige.

Yeah, we chapines feel screwed over. For there to be a fair chance Warner has to be out. Everyone knows that FIFA is more corrupt than the LAPD. The bastard has made millions (illegally) from soccer. We need someone honest from the United States to be president to CONCACAF.

I will always support the Guatemalan team, they gave it all they got. In fact this makes me support them even more because I know it's not their fault that they didn't make it. Unfortunately, Warner is a powerful man and there's nothing we can do about it for now.

Message for Warner : Que chinges a tu madre hijo de la gran ********!

10. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I feel some guatemalan expected this to happen and this is the feeling in guatemala.i spoke to my father the other day and Warner's name is brought up all the time, but T&T fans should not get defensive when we bring it up.
    "lo hiceron el pastel a guate" thats what my pop said its a saying.
    like they set them up, they made them their cake

the pieces all fell in to places after we lost to them, so people down there are throwing the fact thats

Warner has the financial power and influence, and the guatemala FA doesn't simple as that
    people are saying that warner offers apossible Ywc to panama and mex and some financial stabilty to panama and to stage a close game to make seem like there is no foul play etc... what influence and money do we have to buy out mexico or crc? none, were poor but well off compare to other countries. T&T always plays WCQ with a head start playing easy groups etc.... and the Monster C.A. teams get thrown in one group to kill off the possible competiton of T&T

I only hate the fact that T&T got to play scrubs minus mexico and guatemala were thrown in a group of lions Canada honduras and costa rica

i want see T&T get out of that group now, but with warner around it will never happen.
    i never lost faith, in fact the future looks better every year for the guatemala .when GC 2007 comes around and the Uncaf will have nothin to lose and thats when guatemala futbol is at our best , no pressure

11. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Primero que nada, Anthony85 muchisima gracias por responder en la manera que usaste y por tomar el tiempo.

That is interesting. When Honduras had their disappointing result in San Pedro Sula in a "must win" game against T&T on the last WC qualifying match back in 2001, I'd say about half of the Catrachos that live in the Baltimore-DC area that I talked to believed that at least some of the players were involved. That the corruption had tocuched some of their players. When Honduras lost to Mexico, even though the game was at Azteca, outside of Tyson, they didn't think that too many of the players were even trying to attack. They pretty much believed that several players and some federation reps had been paid to guarantee the results.

So far, I haven't spoken to a Chapin yet that thinks that your players were in on any sort of shady deal...

Very few outside of the US is going to accept a US citizen as president of CONCACAF. We are resented too much. Mexico and the CA teams would never accept it, the Caribbean island nations won't accept it. I'm not even sure if the South Americans would accept it becuase they tend to vote with the Islands. I just don't see a scenario where that could happen. It would take a complete change of the CONCACAF political landscape.

I understand supporting your team because I always support the US if we play well, if we suck, if I want to break my TV. That is part of being a good fan and a patriot or celebrating your heritage. But if I thought that we were destined to be screwed then I would lose all faith in the legitimacy of the results and I couldn't enjoy the competition that I thought was shady. I'd have to leave it. But that's just me.

Thanks again for the feedback Anthony.

12. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Thanks GuateFC. But like I mentioned to Anthony, if you have no faith in getting a fair opportunity how can you be so sure. Is it that you think that Guatemala will play so well that it will overcome the corrupt situation?

PD:
    Tema la tortuga! ;)

13. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I think next time around with a better FA ,we will overcome any corruption
    and guate will be that good not to let that happen again

GO TERPS ;)

i would rep u, but i gave out to much rep in the last 24 hours

14. fscat

fscat Member

May 2, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Call me naive, but I'm not buying all this corruption talk. To me, if you want to find a some reasons why Guatemala did not get the 4th place spot, look no further than the chapine defense. The two late game collapses at T&T and Costa Rica. If their defense holds true in those two games, Guatemala holds onto the 4th place spot, despite all this "corruption" talk.

15. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i belive if guate defense had held together in TYT it would of prevented jack warner from increasing TYt chances to quaily he would of just gave up instead. but who knows?
    but thats the past, lets look at the future

BTW TYT scored both goals when Gustavo cabrera was on the side line getting his bloody nose fixed so they were technically down a man
    that did'nt help the cuase, maybe if he was still in the game it would been a differnt story

16. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

I'm actually surprised what you posted here. I respect you man, but c'mon guetemala's undoing is not because of JW man. You guys should take responsibilty for your downfall. You were tied with Costa Rica, and conceded in injury time to lose, then you travelled to Trinidad and conceded 2 last min goals there after leading 2-1. Then you play basically an MLS team and drew that game at home....how's your team's lack of desire to win be JW fault?

That's just illogical at this point. Your team had their fate in their hands, but they just didn't win when they had to.

Now to answer your point about Trinidad and easy groupings...honestly you know that can't be true.

Let me show you facts

1992- Never made semi-final round. eliminated in preliminary round

Semi-Final round '96

Trinidad (last place, and eliminated)
    USA
    Guatemala
    Costa Rica

Semi-final round '00

Mexico
    Trinidad & Tobago (wins the group)
    Canada (Gold Cup champions 2000)
    Panama

Semi-final round 04

Mexico
    Trinidad & Tobago
    St Kitts
    St Vincent & the Grenadines

I will agree that in 04 the group was a little easier but what people fail to realise here is that Mexico benefitted from this cakewalk more than TT. Those 2 carribbean teams have improved tremendously over the last 5 years.

So there you have it. I just can't understand for the life of me, why ever thing here is Jack Warner's fault. He didn't pay CR to beat you...he didn't pay Mex to beat you, and he didn't pay USA to draw with you also.

17. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002

You've got to be kidding or insane. How the hell did Mexico benefit more than Trinidad. Trinidad was crap in the first round. Mexico would have gotten thru anyway. Hell they only got scored once. Your only fooling yourself if you think Mexico got benefitted more than Trinidad in having such a weak group. And ST. Vincent and St. Kitts may have improved but they are still pure crap.

As for the cheating and stuff, Trinidad is better than Guatemala. That's it. They have a better coach in Beenhaker, who really turned this team around. And while they both have good offensive players, the key is the defense. Trinidad has a pretty good defense, while Guatemala's was giving Panama a run for the worst one in the hex. Just awful.

18. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

When I said Mexico benefitted from that last semi-final grouping, it was because they drew 3 Caribbean teams in their grouping. Mexico did eventually qualify for the hex, but if you faced the likes of Costa Rica and Guatemala and/or Honduras. I don't think that group would've been as easy for you. That was a free ticket to the hex for Mexico.

19. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Rafa, see Warlord's last post. It wasn't a put down of Mexico. It was just stating the obvious.

Mexico being the Giant that it is, didn't even have to break a sweat to get out of the group (no disrespect to anyone's country or team). If Mexico had dropped just one of those games at home or on the road, people would have been amazed and confused and Lavolpe would have been fired ASAP. That would have been the end of el proceso.

He was giving Mexico props because technically, it was at a level far superior than any of the other group participants. As opposed to T&T. For them there was much less of a gap between them and the other two island nations in the group.

That is the way that I took. The Shark was in with a couple of minnows as opposed to some more dangerous fish.

20. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Yankiboy,

You see my point exactly. Who wouldn't favour a semi-final round with 3 Caribbean teams in it?

TT played horribly in that semi-final round, and Mexico was always going to advance from that group. That's a no brainer!

21. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

Just a hypothetical, what would happen if T&T at the form they were at in the semis were thrown in the group with canada , costa rica, and honduras
    and guatemala in mexico,san cristobal, san vicente

who would of made it to final round?

22. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    No disrespect to T&T but the way that they playing before the Dutchman came along???

I would guess that they would have been watching the final round.

That's just my opinion. Guatemala would have gone through.

23. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    To be honest TT were outplayed in some of the games in that semi-final round by our Carribbean neighbours

It was very embarrasing being a TT fan watching just how bad they struggled against St Vincent and St Kitts.

24. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Realistically, I don't think they would've made this Hex. They were woeful........that's how bad it was.

25. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Yes, I agree with you on that one. It's bad when you see the former coach play 6 defenders at home against St Vincent.