OFFICIAL Guatemala Road to Germany 06 thread[R]

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by Guatefc, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    This is the place to post news, updates ,thoughts,youre possible lineups etc....

this is the Final push for Guatemala if they want to qualify Via play off/or if CRC choke( i doubt it) 3rd direct

i heard deportivo guatevison that the concacaf team will get the home leg first so that is good news for guatemala if they are able to quailfy 4th and on fifa.com they have confirmed the intercontinnetal playoff schedule

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/050910/1/4m01.html

this is the time for guatemala to be the 4th C.A. country to go to the WC !
    Vamos Guatemala!

2. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Good luck chapines, i hope you guys get the .5 spot!

3. beatsoccer

beatsoccer Red Card

Sep 5, 2005
    somewhere outhere.

You will face mexico next month while T&T facing the weakest Panama, how do you think will happen ?

4. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    i think we still have a good chance of making 4th place my friend ;)

5. Toronto Papi

Toronto Papi New Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    It's going to be a tough journey but in end, i believe this year Guatemala will qualify. Many dissapointing moments for the team and its time for some compensation :) Anyway with a full squad, i think they have it in them... not only to make it to the world cup but to play decently there (not being blown out or getting one or more points).

6. Goathemala

Goathemala Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Monterey,California
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I believe Panama will beat them and then it will come down to the final week and Guatemala has a good chance. I dont think were going to win in mexico but then we end at home and thats a good sign.Did anyone wacth that show jorge ramos en vivo on Fox Sports el Primi was intervied and talked about the chances of calling up a foreign born player. I think if any player could be called up it should be Israel Souza(BRA) of Xelaju, I dont see anything bad in doing this, the guy has made it clear he wants to play for Guatemala, and it wasnt recently he mention this many times months ago.

7. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    the thing is we need friendlies to test these players at the international level, Israel Souza is a good player but hasn't played on a National team ever, so we don't know if he can peform. good suggestion thought , he can proably can be a good "B" level player when we compete in GC or any other tourney

8. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

TT will beat Panama next matchday. Panama is deflated and mentally and psychologically shattered. :D

Oh and another point.....Panama will be missing a few of their starters through suspension, so a win looks for TT looks more than likely. :D

It will come down to the wire for both teams, but I like the Reds chances :)

9. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Panama has been much tougher at home. TnT will be lucky to get a point in Panama. Costa Rica should qualify on Oct. 8, so Guatmala will have a much earsier final match day than TnT.

Guatamala doesn't have it in the bag, but I'll bet they'll get the playoff spot.

Guatamala has the tie breaker over Tnt.

If Guatamala catches Costa Rica, they'll have the tie breaker over them also. (For Gua and CRC to tie, it takes a CR-US draw, and Guatamala victories over Mexico and CostaRica.)

10. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    TT have NEVER lost to Panama in WCQ. :D

11. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Never say Never

Panama wants some revenge

12. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Panama is deflated....all they want is to see the end of this nightmare hex they've had. :D

Determination and grit is what will see TRI through matchday 9 :)

13. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Not worried.....tha Reds know what they have to do to advance. I'll admit psychologically guats got the edge with that home point they got in the last game, but we all know that Mex will win the next game so the pressure will be on for them to beat CRC at home

14. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    well forget everthing else lets get back to topic the guatemalan national teams and their player pool for the next two games
    :

GK situtation; klee has been spectacular for guatemala, but currently ricardo foster is the Best keeper in the country he averages .66 ga per game and his club Marquense is first place
    but if it's not broke don't fix it

DF: Swisher has to be called back becuase on the Intllevel cabrera gets owned on 1v1 and swisher is just a better defender overall and is on the polania warsaw staring Xl unlike cabrera who yet to debut for his club and show anything.

MF
    Moving the ball better just they need to communicate better with there defence more because they where sending long balls to the top against the usa instead of passing to the midfield
    we need the Next Martin machon if we had a player with similar attributes are mid would drastically improve as far as creativity & chalo is not him .

ATT
    Dwight and Carlos nuff said
    they need to be on the field together and they will get it done

15. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    they've only played like umm 7 games?? in WCQ

16. Toronto Papi

Toronto Papi New Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    maybe even less ? Panama wasn't that good then either... however, Panama isn't looking too good lately and will be missing players... BUT they are at home and they look like they could use a point or three to lift their spirits. I think this game can go either way.

17. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    And the record shows that they've never lost yet. Panama is shattered and it shows, so we will see what happens then. ;)

18. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    That Panama spoiler that you're hoping for will not happen! :D

19. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    panama could be out to Fvck up our chances but size wise they will match up with T&T and tactically they are 10 times better the squads they had prior to there last 7 encounters. maybe panama will return the favor lets hope

20. Toronto Papi

Toronto Papi New Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    If they belong in the hexegonal then they will :rolleyes:

21. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Not disputing that Panama is much better than in previous years but they haven't had the mental strength to win so far. If TRI scores first, Panama will self destruct like they did against Mex :D

22. Goathemala

Goathemala Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Monterey,California
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    All I know is that Panama is a hard team at home and can easily win this game, I also know they can mess up and give up those points. Iam from Guatemala, that means I want Panama to beat up on TnT if it was up to me the final score would be something like 10-0 in favor of Panama. I dont think Guatemala can win in mexico, I know its not impossible but I dont see them winning, against costa rica at home Guatemala will win. It will come up to the final game of the Hex and then were going to know.

23. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Yea I can understand why you would want Panama to win as they hold your WC hopes in their hands, but the reality of this hex shows they've failed to win home or away this year........ so I think that should pretty much tell you that they will LOSE at home on matchday 9 :D

It will come down to that last game and the pressure will be on both teams, but if TT wins there Panama tie(which i think they will) then more pressure will be on guats to beat CR, cuz if you tie and TT were to lose to Mex then you would be eliminated. ;)

24. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    We are 3 WEEKS away from TT/Panama....and GUA/MEX game. :)

Anybody here anxious yet ;)

25. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    No net yet. i dont want to worry about that quite yet, i got college and stuff to have pan/tt and mex/guate in the head right now.

but there should be some news coming up soon after next week
    and i will be posting like crazy :cool: