Official FCD blog

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by markspence02, Aug 26, 2010.

1. markspence02

markspence02 New Member

Aug 10, 2001
    Fort Worth
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the FCD blog, they are discontinuing it starting on Monday.

http://worldcupway.blogspot.com/2010/08/announcement-from-doug-quinn.html

One of the first blogs by a MLS team front office, in the beginning, the blog was fantastic - relaying unique content and updates about the team. Lately, not so much.

While I'm not teary-eyed over this development, I find this move interesting as one of the first moves of Doug Quinn's tenure as Prez and CEO of FCD.

2. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That thing blew anyway.

3. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After the screening of comments started and then the hiring of a digital content editor...yes it did.

4. jwedding

jwedding Member

Jul 21, 2003
    McKinney
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only fair to note (as Mr Quinn did in his blog post,) that you can comment on any page on the fcdallas.com page now. No need for a blog to encourage the community. The filtering of comments is sure to continue, but I have a hard time seeing this as part of any evil conspiracy.

5. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't stating it was an evil conspiracy, just saying there appeared to be a decent number of people who would visit and comment on the blog who didn't use forums or 3rd degree to discuss the club.

When the filtering started there were several posts from disappointed folks who I'm sure stopped visiting, which drove hits down. I'm not talking about getting rid of the "anonymous" post, but when your post had to pass a screener before seeing the light of the internet.

Being that the content will move from blogspot (sure, has an issue or two) to the MLS driven site (outright awful) is a shame.

6. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    There's a lot of good and interesting stuff for diehard fans, IMO, that isn't really appropriate for a team's website that is perfect for a blog but we haven't really seen too much of that stuff lately anyways so I guess this was the logical thing to do. Sucks to see something go from an MLS trendsetter to gone but oh well...

Hopefully this means improvements to the website like adding the most basic things to the front page such as standings and when their next game is and what TV station it's on....it seems such an elementary thing to not have on there.

7. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boneall, I'm right there with ya. I was still using IE when the blog put up the comment screen and i had nothing but problems. Shortly thereafter I quit visiting the blog.

8. Burn Fan

Burn Fan New Member

Nov 4, 2005
    DFW
    They did the same back in the Dallas Burn days when you could comment on the web-site. It turned into a bitch fest. Maybe that's what they are trying to get away from..

9. MjrGrubert

MjrGrubert BigSoccer Supporter

May 22, 2003
    Whitefish, MT
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where art thou Bayardo?

10. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
  11. Burn Fan

Burn Fan New Member

Nov 4, 2005
    DFW
    That sure is one knucklehead I miss. Or do I ??

12. theodore

theodore Member

Nov 7, 2003
    Bayardo was true greatness. Who can ever forget "bubblish". He always cared deeply for the team. And, he did make some uncomfortable points that people wished were untrue.

13. Burn Fan

Burn Fan New Member

Nov 4, 2005
    DFW
    Greatness?????? I think not sir....Obnouxious? Racist? Knuckleheadedness? Too loud?? Hard to understand? Yes to all the above, but greatness????? Again, I have to respectfully disagree sir. And I think I knew him as well as anybody here. I sure had my share of arguements with him for sure !!!!! But GREATNESS ???????????