Official Expansion PBP and POST Draft Thread - DC United Edition

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by JoeSoccerFan, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Q2 can play. He is plenty quick enough to play in the DC midfield. Flat out running speed is overrated as an essential component of a professional player. Quick decisions and quick movements are what pay off. I've seen him in games and in a scrimmage where he stood out as one of the best talents on the field. No, he probably won't start, barring injuries, but he is a talented and versatile player to have on the bench.

2. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    For those of you that were wondering about the slowness of the draft/tracker/etc, on the second pick you could hear in the background behind Garber someone announcing that Chivas had taken Zaidie. The draft was over in about 10 minutes and the TV portion took up that hour.

Thx,

Jay!

3. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000

Good Gawd, say it isn't so? but maybe ............. playing a 3-5-2.... hhhmmmmmm

In Goal, may the force be with you -
    [​IMG]

Or own version of the DeBoer brothers on defense (the twins and their little brother)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anchoring our central midfield - 2 skins
    [​IMG]

to be continued....

4. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Our wing MF and attacking MF
    [​IMG]

Our emotional offensive target forward
    [​IMG]

The captain and forward
    [​IMG]

To be continued....

5. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    - continued....

Fuh-get about it, you two!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Leading us in prayer
    [​IMG]

The other supporters (i.e., tapping the keg)
    [​IMG]

Winning may not be the question, tearing away from the tailgate will be the main battle!

6. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    It's true. I heard the exact same thing.

7. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boy, I screwed those predictions! I only (correctly) picked EZ. I would have bet money that Q2 & Perkins were gone. I wonder why Q2 wasn't chosen? IIRC, he had a broken leg, which to my way of thinking, was a preferable injury (from an acquiring-team perspective) than an ACL/MCL injury. Shows what I know. I'm glad we kept the players we were able to retain, but EZ was a good acquisition which we may miss, especially if we don't acquire a suitable replacement for Nelsen.