Official Draft Thread for Very Small Rocks 2006-7 League

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by lobomojo, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If its ok with you Ing, as I assumed off your posts I started this thread but Cannon has to the 31s if he wants suppose.

Allright then as ColdDogSoup Chairmen I am proud to announce that we are selecting Angolian superstar Lebo Le...sounds of scuffle...er...as Chairman I announce that Gaffer Stamford the Lion has complete control over player personel, as well as his rather large teeth clamped on my testicles so as Henry is too expensive and may have not have time to heal or rest sufficiently with the cup run we select:

Supah Supah Frankie Lampard Chelsea Midfielder 11.0

2. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    As i posted in the oter thread:

"I made my pick as a courtesy because some wanted to try to see if we could move a little before the 31st, not to put any pressure on you Cannon, as there are no time deadlines until the 31st.

I do however reserve the right to withdraw my pick until you choose, unless there are objections as it would be unfair to me if God forbid anything happened to Lampard, ie. injury or worse Barca or Lebo Lebo transfers in while I am hanging in the wind as a courtesy to some in the group."

3. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    This seems completely fair to me Lobo, so I think I'll put on my totalitarian administrator hat (its colors are so much nicer) and say officially that you're fine to do that.

4. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Keep your totalitarian administrator hat on and dictate that you Clan and I get to keep picking till Cannon chooses:D

Just wanted to see our thread at the top before it gets lost

5. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    Of course for me the next step will be seeing all the players I wish I could have getting picked off one... by one... by one...

I just hope none of you are going for the biggest transfer signing of the summer so far, Franny Dumbo Jeffers...

6. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rockville Gunners take:
    Henry Arsenal Forward 14.0

Shocker, right? ;) :D

Got to say that the FPL people really made it hard to pick him this season with that price. I could list all the stats but I'll just point out the Lampard would need to get injured or have a massive dropoff to not be a better pick at these prices/scoring. Knowing that Arsenal won't play in week two just makes it even worse as the idiots will probably start dropping his value right away. :rolleyes:

7. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    OK guys, before we get rolling I request that you each follow this format when you post your draft. I'll then post a recap at the end of each round. Since we're sure to indulge in the usual groans and critiques, I find it makes it much easier to scan for actual picks if we place them in bold face.

8. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Now I know you are a congressman, two days and millions of dollars of research and statistics for the Gunner fan to pick Henry:rolleyes: :D , just kidding, I feel your pain, it was hard for me to pass him by but harder to pull the trigger at that price

9. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    Think of it this way: is Henry twice as good as Heskey? Based on that logic he should be worth 21.0.

10. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    I've PM'd subbuteo with an update on the draft and he was on today so the draft shouldn't stall for long.

11. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm out for a few hours, but will check in again (very late) tonight.

Then I'll be gone untill tomorow afternoon.

12. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was very tempted to pass on Henry believe it or not and pick a player that would have been a bit of a shock but in the end the gap was just a bit too large for me to skip him even with the pricing issue. Henry's price is probably about 1-1.5 points higher than it should be based on the last two season's scores, performance of other forwards, value within and across positions, etc. and Lamps is about 1.5-2 points too low based on the same factors (and taking current scoring into account). There are some even worse price/value problems/opportunities but I won't discuss them yet...;)

I'm happy with Henry obviously but I don't like the risk that comes from having all of those points stuck in one player. I've always had a mid to late draft pick in the past so I've never had to worry about picking the most expensive player around before. Should be an interesting change of strategy for me. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the picks go before I go again...

13. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    *Pops in.....

*Pops back out.....

14. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thought it might be a good idea to have the draft order in this thread:

1. lobomojo - Lampard Chelsea Midfielder 11.0
    2. Cannon - Henry Arsenal Forward 14.0
    3. subbuteo
    4. marakana
    5. clan
    6. tomvandamn
    7. forza moskva
    8. ingromius

9. ingromius
    10. forza moskva
    11. tomvandamn
    12. clan
    13. marakana
    14. subbuteo
    15. Cannon
    16. lobomojo

15. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll take Gerrard, Liverpool, midfielder 10.5

marakana10 has been pm'd

16. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm around :)

17. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I'll check in again later.

May be much later though.

18. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah this was one of his recent posts...
    looks like it might be awhile.

19. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Nothing doing I see.

Ho-hum.

Might be back later tonight, if not, it'll be tomorrow around 2 pm est.

20. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got this PM...

Not sure why he didn't post here directly but I've PM'd him with this thread's link in case he's not checking the forum and just reading the preseason thread/arguement-orama. ;) :D

Clan is up now.

21. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    1. lobomojo - Lampard Chelsea Midfielder 11.0
    2. Cannon - Henry Arsenal Forward 14.0
    3. subbuteo-Gerrard Lpool MF 10.5
    4. marakana -Rooney-MU-FW-11.5
    5. clan
    6. tomvandamn
    7. forza moskva
    8. ingromius

9. ingromius
    10. forza moskva
    11. tomvandamn
    12. clan
    13. marakana
    14. subbuteo
    15. Cannon
    16. lobomojo

22. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    sorry to all those who waited... I didn't see the official draft thread so that's why i PM'ed Cannon with my pick.. indeed it is Wayne Rooney. I thought i might go with someone new from Chelsea, not to name names, but I felt after Hleb last season we should go with more experienced players and indeed Rooney is a proven threat.

Thanks for the patience guys, as I've been really busy over the last week but that should be clear soon.. in fact in a day or two. I'll keep checking so don't worry..

Later guys.

23. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Ho ho ho.

So then, we're off with the league winning teams fist pick of the 06/07 season :p

Andriy Shevchenko, Chelsea, Forward, 12.0

I'll be back in about 12 hours.

24. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    Oh just great -i was going to take him with my #1 pick and i was hoping youd go for ballack-but if anyone had to have him it might as well be my proxy picker---GREAT PICK

25. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    that was the debate I had clan... Rooney or Sheva... I just feel with Mourinho's selecting policy and Sheva's new intro to English football he will take a couple of months to adjust.