Official DM Menace 2007 Thread

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by IASocFan, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks to Spaceball, we have reason to start the 2007 Thread:

2. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
    Re: Official DM Meance 2007 Thread

bold home fixtures!

Hey Snake... we need to still have our meeting - thursdays would be good for me

3. doolittledog2

doolittledog2 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Iowa

you must spread reputation around before giving it to IASocFan again...strange because I thought it had been awhile since I handed some out to you.

4. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You have to give it to 10 or so people before you can repeat to an individual, and you can only give so much in a 24 hour period. Good idea though; keep trying! :)

5. Spaceball

Spaceball Member

Jun 15, 2004

One addition on the Menace website is a preseason match against the Latino Select All Stars on on May 5th with a Cinco de Mayo celebration. Should be a fun atmosphere for that one.

6. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004

For the important stuff........anyone heard any unofficial scuttle on who is returning? I have spoken to a couple of players who seem to be not returning, but I don't think either are a surprise? The most significant of these is Danilo.

I have on good authority that there are a couple of guys from the Grenada Full National Team who will be trying out, not to mention a couple of Brazilians, and a "local" keeper who is attending College out East who is going to give it a shot. This is not saying that these guys are going to hit the starting 11, or even the roster....just that there is going to be some tough competition to make the roster this year (as usual).

7. Menace Fan

Menace Fan New Member

Apr 10, 2003
    Joe Riley Park

Any word on scarves for '07?

8. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Hmmm......seems like the excitement just isn't oozing out of us at this point?

Not even any chatter about Krause getting picked up in the Supplemental Draft by the Wizards? There was something about it on the Menace website, but not for long?

Where, o where is the Maniac.....or Snake? :confused:

9. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
    where snake is is a good question

10. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Snake has been sleeping nearly all day while sick with Bronchitis and the Flu since Friday and will be doing so for at least a few more days.

11. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
    yikes! get well soon bro!

12. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Greetings from AZ! I'm headed to USA-Mexico tonight.

Man, I could get used to this 75 degree weather. Can wait for Iowa Spring. :D

13. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
  14. doolittledog2

doolittledog2 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Iowa
    So Kazan, IASocFan and SnakeEyes walk into a bar where they meet up with a Rabbi, a catholic school girl, and a Finnish midget.

Ok, I don't have a joke here...just bumping this thread up so it doesn't go over to page 2.

Where is the usual off season banter like we need a new coach, where is our damn new stadium, we could be getting good local players but will instead get some crap guys from out of state...you know, stuff like that...I'm not seeing that so far this year.

Hey, IASocFan...any good stories from the US-Mex game??? If so, please share with us.

15. cobi13

cobi13 Member

Aug 16, 2004
    NY
    When does your stadium open up? I recall hearing of it when you made that deep US Open Cup run in '05, but it doesn't seem it is open yet. I hope more clubs take after you all...

16. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    !

I think they're behind where they were 2 years ago. At one point they had a location and an plan with Urbandale to build there. The negotiations got too hairy when they got to some of the financial details and the plan was canceled. (my short version) They've played in Waukee for the last two years, and I haven't heard anything new on stadium since they re-located.

I've been married to my catholic school girl for almost 25 years now! Not too many complaints, and no appropriate stories.

US-Mexico was awesome. I ran into a Salvadoran friend Monday, and said, "Dos a cero." He gave me a big smile, a thumbs up, and whispered "I hate the Mexican national team."

I bought two Sams Army tickets without knowing who I was going with. My wife wasn't that keen on going, but my Brother-in-law was willing. I think he enjoyed the game as much as I did. His family had gone with mine to USA-Costa Rica in 2001 at Arrowhead. We stood under the flag and were on TV three times during the game. I still have it on tape if anyone wants to verify - or you can see us in the Sams Army pics on Fans and Travel.
    I think he was a little leery of all the Mexicans. We saw numerous cars with lots of green shirts all the way from downtown Phoenix, and the attendance was probably 75-80% Mexicans. No problems! I was amazed how friendly everyone seemed after the game - just like they knew they were going to lose, but had a great time at the big event!

17. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
    i'm having problems putting screen names to faces as usual.... pm me who you really are

18. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Be like us, except for one small detail........actually get the staduim built. The pictures are nice, but you can't play on a blueprint. ;)

I recently heard a fairly well-placed rumor that there were favorable discussions with Waukee. Just a rumor though.....

19. soccergod1934

soccergod1934 New Member

Dec 6, 2006
    Any word on who they are bring in this year?? Other than Boltner who is going to help lead this team?

20. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    BUMP to keep us on the main page.

Here's to another deep USOC run, and keeping the pro's honest!

21. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Here are two who are going to be at tryouts.....first one to guess 1) who they are playing against (DUH?!) and 2) who they are playing for wins my utmost respect and admiration............

By the way, they are in yellow.......

22. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    One last one, here is who I WANT to see back.....but in speaking to him-- he will not play again.

BTW, if you want to pine over "the one that got away"-- click here-->
    http://www.sambafoot.com/fr/joueurs/1838_Thiago_Gosling.html

He really wanted to come to the US, but nothing could be done for him.....so he signed with Flamengo in December.

23. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well 1 is an easy one, the US. 2, I'm gonna make a guess here Grenada?

24. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    DANG! My utmost respect has to go out to a Wizards fan..........

Kidding! Good job though! These photos (from what I have been told) were taken during FIFA World Cup Qualifier – Second Round, Second Leg on June 20, 2004. They lost in that match 3-2 (after a 3-0 first leg), however still kind of cool to get that level of player coming to try-out for the Menace! These guys, and two other of their team-mates from the Grenada Nats are currently attending a community college in Central Iowa. How is THAT for recruiting?

25. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey now, I have respect for the Menace. I attended college at Central, went to a few Menace games with friends. Plus, my brother just committed to play at Drake, so who knows he could go tryout some time in the future for the Menace. :)