Official Devin Barclay Thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Richter Boy, Aug 17, 2002.

1. Richter Boy

Richter Boy New Member

Mar 1, 2000
    Soulard, STL
    Official Devon Barclay Thread

He played today vs DC United.

2. Richter Boy

Richter Boy New Member

Mar 1, 2000
    Soulard, STL
    NEWS UPDATE:

He got a haircut!!!!!!!!!!

3. TexanSoccer06

TexanSoccer06 New Member

Devin looked super dreamy with long hair. Now he just looks plain ol dreamy.

4. Official Devon Barclay Thread

Shouldn't it be the Official DevIn Barclay Thread? Anyways I was so happy to see him get some time in overtime today. He's off to Spain tomorrow to kick some ass with the youth Nat's so hopefully that goes well.

Oh and I was disgusted after the game with a comment some old woman made to Barclay. He's signing for people and she yells at him, "Devin listen to me right now. You go and tell your coach that he is personally responsible for a tie and for not getting the win because he took De Ro out. It was ridiculous to put you in, and thats why we tied and didn't win." It was appalling to hear someone bitch at a player like that, and I was honestly pissed off to hear that. Devin looked shocked too!

5. twell_girl

twell_girl New Member

Jul 28, 2002
    cali

somebody should have b**tch-slap the lady...;)
    by the way, is devin a surfer?

...CIAO!
    ...The SurfDiva

6. quakes_fan21

quakes_fan21 New Member

Jul 12, 2002
    San Jose, CA

What the hell was she thinking? I'm so glad i wasn't there cause i definately would have said something back to her. That is so rude, and i can only imagine what might have been going through Devin's head!! People like that just shouldn't go to games! If you're not gonna be supportive of your team then don't go to the game to make the players feel like crap, stay home!!:(

7. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Let me weigh in on this too. That is absolutely horrible. Disgusting. I wish I'd been there. :mad:

8. Richter Boy

Richter Boy New Member

Mar 1, 2000
    Soulard, STL
    Re: Official Devon Barclay Thread

I would have rock-bottomed that lady. Great story for our thread. Keep 'em coming!

9. SoccrGirl4

SoccrGirl4 New Member

Jul 14, 2002
    Blackhawk, CA

Eww I'd be bugged at that!! Did you say something? That's unacceptable!

10. Defender

Defender Member

Joe's Plumbing 86ers
    Feb 16, 2001
    San Francisco CA
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad the woman was a b!tch, but Devin has probably already heard worse or will hear worse. He's a professional, he'll get over it.

11. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yea, but you're not supposed to hear that kind of aggro from your own team's fans. From the opposing team, sure. Not supposed to, but he will. I think that's when other fans should step in and give her a sidecar.

12. TexanSoccer06

TexanSoccer06 New Member

Devin gave me and my friend some free tickets to his 1st ever MLS match (with the Mutiny for those who dont know). Afterwards he said he was "stoked" he got to play. He's so dreamy.

13. jose8lo

jose8lo BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 9, 2002
    washington

Barclay should only come in if the game is out of hands(quakes winning by a lot of goals or losing by a lot of goals).He's got no experience and now is not the time for him to be on the field,don't get me wrong i like Devin is just that we are struggling a bit and we need our best players on the field from now on.

14. Richter Boy

Richter Boy New Member

Mar 1, 2000
    Soulard, STL
    Barclay is better than Corrales or Lagos.

15. Defender

Defender Member

Joe's Plumbing 86ers
    Feb 16, 2001
    San Francisco CA
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Official Devon Barclay Thread

http://www.mlsnet.com/bios/devin_barclay.html

2001 TB Mutiny: 23 games played, 12 games started, 3 goals, 2 assists

He's a young kid that FY seems to think fondly of. Hopefully he'll come along great. The problem with this year is that he has played mostly on the right wing, but he excels at the forward position. The DC game is really a non-call, but he seemed more comfortable there.

Lucci seems to be more effective. I favor putting Lucci in ahead of Barclay.

16. Quake Crazy

Quake Crazy Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Ceres Califonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Official Devon Barclay Thread

I haven't been a big Barclay fan this year and tend to agree with the above but I thought that he played well for the few minutes he got Saturday.

17. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Official Devon Barclay Thread

I agree with you guys on this. Why no Lucci?

18. ilovesjquakes13

ilovesjquakes13 New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Los Gatos/San Jose
    I think that Frank puts Dev before Lucci because Dev has played in the MLS longer. He knows the ways of the league. Lucci is still learning. I love watching Devin play. He was actually running this game. He is in Santa Cruz surfing a lot too. I have seen him over there a couple times. I don't think Frank would like to know that Devin surfs all the time. He can't get hurt right before the playoffs. That would be one more injury the Quakes cannot afford.

19. TexanSoccer06

TexanSoccer06 New Member

Uhh if I recall correctly, Yallop has given Devin most of his playing time as a Right Midfielder, when wherever else he's played be it with the Junior Nats or the Mutiny, hes always been a striker. The kids not even 20 yet and he plays for one of the best teams in MLS. Give him time.

20. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Be careful Devlin!

Yeah, if we lost Devin, we'd be in biiiiiiiiig trouble. ;)

21. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    and if he does get hurt, yeah it's too bad, yeah he'll probably be upset with himself, but it's not like the rest of the team is absolute crap or anything.....

22. twell_girl

twell_girl New Member

Jul 28, 2002
    cali
    word...[​IMG]
    devin is dreamy

...CIAO!
    ...The SurfDiva