Official DC United vs New England Revolution PRE Match Thread

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Knave, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I think Twellman is terrific. I was really hoping that DC would trade up to get him in the draft before last season. There is no questioning that kid's toughness and ability in front of net. We remember all too well Hudson's description of him as "just a poacher". Well, we damn sure could use a poacher on this team.

I'm glad we don't have to contend with him on Saturday, but I hope he has a full and speedy recovery.

2. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Argh! Why'd you have to mention that quote ... bad mojo! Bad mojo!

3. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    The Twellman news is saddening in that he is a class player.. Bad break for the Revs but a rather fortuitous one for United..

With that being said however, this is MLS and as I always say, nothing in MLS is a sure thing..

We all thought the Revs would drop off the face of the Earth the first time Twellman got hurt this season and they managed to actually gain ground..

In this one instance however, I think this would be too much for the Revs to overcome..

Ray Hudson and John Trask should tell his starting X1 to attack at will tomorrow.. Anything less than all out effort to score goals will be severely dissappointing in my view..

I understand the need to gain the valuable road point, but depending on the Columbus match tonight (with only about 35,000 Chicago fans watching), we should be in a great position to clinch our first playoff birth in 4 years - and put pressure on the Mutts at the same time..

I originally said a 1-1 draw.. I am now amending that to a 2-1 win..

Too many key injuries for the Revs to overcome.. Moreso than United.....

4. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2-1 United in the 69th minute ... 3-1 final score. Petke and Eskandarian get one each.

5. GUTuna

GUTuna Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Washington, DC USA
    C'mon boys! We just need one point and we're in the post-season. I'd prefer if we did it with an emphatic three.

6. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    ... mod's note ...

I finally updated the first post.

Please take a look at the television notes if you intend to watch on TV. For some the game is on tape delay. Also, please watch it with the spoilers tomorrow in light of that delay.

7. sormun

sormun New Member

Jul 13, 1999
    Man, this is gonna be a boring game, they do not have their regular strikers on the field, we have some crap regular strikers !! Not to much of a game in the penalty areas !! More interesting it will be the midfield battle. I think they have superiority there. It will be a very "heart breaking" game if they manage to score first !! I give us a 50/50 chance for a draw, the rest 50% we lose !!!

8. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Jeezum crow! You would take their depleted midfield and strikers over ours? They're missing so many key players it's not even funny. Half their starters are out or injured. Meanwhile, we have players returning after a week's rest and only need a tie to make the playoffs. This game is either a blowout (for us) or a scrapper for both teams. Either way, I like our chances.

9. TCompton

TCompton Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Alexandria
    what a shocking prediction coming from you, Sormun!

10. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I hope it's boring like the last time we played up there!