Official DC United vs New England Revolution PRE Match Thread :: Conference Final

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Knave, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    --------------------------------
    New England Revolution @ DC United
    --------------------------------

The "----" in the thread title are there to prevent spoilers. I'll change it tomorrow.

Date & Time :: Saturday, November 6 @ 7:00pm EST
    Television :: FSW, HDNet, DirectKick
    Audio Webcast :: MLSNet
    Broadband Video Webcast :: MLSNet
    PBP AIM Chatroom :: BigSoccerDCU :: Directions Here
    Match Previews :: DCUnited.com/MLSNet
    Referee Analysis Thread

Items in gray will be updated as information becomes available.

Suspensions & Caution Points

TBA

No Flames - No Trolls

--------------------------------​
    --------------------------------​

2. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Re: Official DC United vs --------------- :: Conference Finals :: [NE vs CB -R-]

We are going to the Cup. The Revs don't stand a chance. MLS Cup '04 is ours. It is our destiny!

3. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    Re: Official DC United vs --------------- :: Conference Finals :: [NE vs CB -R-]

Lineup:

Goff mentioned that either Hendrickson or Prideaux will fill Nelsen's void with petke moving to the middle. Goff's wrong for once and I think it's a no-brainer:

------------Rimando

--Namoff---Hendrickson---Petke

-------------Carroll

Stewart------Olsen---------Gros

-------------Gomez

-----Eskandarian-----Moreno

Off the bench: Prideaux, Adu, Quaranta

4. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

You're just desperate to be the guy that jinxes our run, arent ya? ;)

5. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Re: Official DC United vs --------------- PRE Match Thread :: [NE vs CB -R-]

No Nellie and no Dema. I expect Ezra and Gros move into the lineup to replace them.

But I must say, New England scares me. And by New England I mean Twellman and Dempsey I wouldn't be as nervous if Nellie was in the lineup, maybe the league will review the cards and not suspend him.

Anyway I think we see this lineup:

----Esky------Moreno-----
    ---------Gomez-----------
    Gros--Olsen---Caroll---Stewart
    Petke-----Ezra-----Namoff
    ---------Rimando-----------

I predcit a 3-1 win.

6. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Without Nellie in the middle much depends on the form of EZ. I think we'll be fine in midfield as long as BC continues his strong (and mainly unacknowledged) play. Petke, too, must have a blinder if we're to play three at the back (which you know we will).

Jaime will have to step up his energy level because it's not the toothless NY defense we've become accustomed to, but the hard tackling Pierce, John and Joseph.

NE was spraying the ball around pretty well so it's going to be a real donnybrook. Thank goodness it's at RFK. Don't count out the Revs -- many of these guys know the disappointment of not winning the Cup. Also don't forget that these guys staged a late rally to earn a draw at RFK. We can't be over-confident, but let's be confident, if you know what I mean.

Effing Andrulis outcoached himself tonight. It would be hilarious if he won coach of the year. :cool:

GM

7. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL

Dang, I want to come down for this game!!!!! I'll see what I can come up with.....Amtrack?

8. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Make sure you stop by the Barra tailgate if you make it down :D

I hope we outdo our attendence from last night, I really do think it was undercounted.

Vamos United!

Volveremos Campeones!
    Volveremos otra vez!

9. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think Andrulis essentially handed the coach of the year to Gansler tonight, on a silver platter.

10. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia

Should be Nowak, and I'm not being a homer.

11. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

Death or Glory!

It's the DC story!

I'm not getting all my hopes up just yet, though. This Revs team certainly knows how to pull out a win against all odds, and shouldn't be underestimated.

That said my faith in DC United far exceeds my fear of the New England Revolution.

DC 2 New England 1.

12. American40

American40 Member

Jan 9, 2003

Heh, did you see the look Buddle gave the sidelines after he scored? I was waiting for him to run over to Andrulis while pointing at his wrist!

13. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA

This virtually guarantees that Gros (and not Adu) will start on the left. You need his defensive workrate to help Petke out if Nelsen isn't there to clean up. Plus, NE has a quality right mid in Ralston who needs to be kept in check.

(To the rhythm of "Brick House")

It's a Black......OUT!
    DC United - lettin it all hang out
    Yeah, it's a black.....OUT!
    The team is stacked and that's a fact.
    At RFK and back in black!

14. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

Im-fricking-possible. We're going to California.

And my Stillers stopped the "best" team in football tonight. What a great night! What an incredible weekend!!!

15. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

Yep. And I'm being a homer.

16. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'd go with Gansler for a couple of reasons. His team won the US Open Cup. His team lost out on the Supporters Shield only on the 3rd tiebreaker. They are now hosting the conference final (against a team that I think they will beat). Even if we win the Cup, I think Gansler has to be rewarded for his accomplishments for the entire season. Remember, this is a guy who fought through the loss of last years MLS MVP. I'm sorry if i'm not being politically correct enough on our own board, but so be it. Nowak is a close second.

17. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

This has gotta be one of the fastest growing pre-game threads ever :cool:

Just imagine the MLS cup thread should we advance :D

18. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The best way to keep Ralston in check is to keep him back covering our guys.

19. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

Fixed!

20. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA

I think Gansler would be a fine choice, but the Open Cup should have no bearing on it. The Award is MLS coach of the year, and the USOC is not an MLS competition.

21. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA

Perhaps so, but a wide mid in a 4-4-2 has more help behind him than a wide mid in a 3-5-2.

It's not like Gros isn't an offensive threat, and if we're unable to maintain posession, we'll need his legs.

We all know the kind of danage Freddy's speed can deliver as a sub.

22. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

We could bring a bag of dog chow.

Ralston Purina, get it??? :D

23. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA

I don't think I want our guys covered in dog food. :p

24. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Whatever it takes to bring the Cup home!

25. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

Got that right.