Official DC United vs MetroStars PRE Match Thread • USOC Semifinals 10/1

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Knave, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    DC's magic number is 7, so if DC gets 7 points and/or Columbus fails to get 7, DC is in. Saturday's game would clinch a tie if DC wins, as it would +3 for DC, and -3 for Columbus - Then all DC would need is any points or for Columbus to fail to win any one of their remaining games.

2. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    wish i could come but i cant make it today...i hope all you guys going up there have fun and see another dc win like last thursday

3. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No drums, no banners, no cussing, what the hell?

We'll have to work on some cuss words in another language on the ride up.

K

4. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    Some fun that will be. Geez. Rutgers su.., err stinks!

"You are a bad goalie, Walker"

"Guevera, you are horrible"

"The MetroStars are lousy"

"[Insert Ref's name here] you are mistaken, that was the incorrect call to make"

Have fun, I guess.

(Still, I wish I could go)

5. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    As I was walking out of GS on Thursday, I let loose with a few, only to be told to watch my language. I said "What are you gonna do? The game's over."

He had no answer.

6. BroonAleMagpie

BroonAleMagpie New Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Heh. Detain you. Make you stay longer in that excresence of a stadium after the game (the only reason for being there) was over.

That's assuming it was a security guard. If it was a policeman, he might actually have the balls to arrest you for disturbing the peace or some cheap*ss "employing profane language" local ordinance. Especially if he was a pissed-off Metrostars fan. :)

7. Gemmell

Gemmell New Member

May 10, 2003
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Gonna miss the game

I am not going to be home so I think I am going to try to buy a walkman to listen to the game. Geez my life is pathetic.

8. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    It was a security guard. But what was funny was that everybody else had left the stadium. There was nobody around to take offense.

9. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Few Things I've Noticed

Kinda off topic, but I was looking at the MLS Cup pages and under teams NY/NJ is nowehere to be found. No still in the running. No indeterminate. Nothing. May be a sign of things to come...

And what is up with Mlsnet whoring out NY/NJ. We lose two of our best players and we get little articles, they get lucky and get a freakin' article for it. I'll be glad when DC wins and puts those writers in their place.

10. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Few Things I've Noticed

the've never won the MLS cup.
    but just so ya know, this is the US Open Cup not the MLS Cup. every team but Dallas is still in the running for the MLS Cup.

11. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
  12. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Re: Re: Few Things I've Noticed

I know. That's why I said it was offtopic. I was just looking at the newly posted MLS Cup 2003 pages and it was odd that they left NY/NJ off completely. The team page has the current playoff standing (e.g. Qulaified, eliminated, still in the running) for every team but NY/NJ. It's odd that with all the attention the league lavishes on them that they would overlook them on this one page.

On topic, does anyone know what our roster looks like for this game? Subs, starters and whatnot?