Official DC United vs MetroStars POST Match Thread [R] - 9/25

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Knave, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Jester64

Jester64 Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Takoma Park
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And another post save for Nick! Do they keep stats on that - cause he's got a boatload this year.
    Go Go Go Go Go!

2. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    --have a feeling this may have helped us hear our friends up there? Way to show up for your team on a HUGE game Jersey. :D

--Oh and how many people are still dying to have Mark "the bitch" Lisi on our team now?

hahahahahahah! (sorry i need to go change my pants again. I just pissed myself laughing.... again :D)

3. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    I was going to keep myself in the dark until they showed the game, but this game was way too big to wait for the result.

4. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Well done man! It's going to make watching Ben's goal and Cerrito's clincher THAT much sweater eh?! :D

5. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow, sunday is going to be a brawl.

6. Adler

Adler Member+

Aug 20, 2003
    das Schloss Adler
    Club:
    DC United
    When will the match be broadcast ? Must see !

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a 2-nil win mean that we are tied in aggregate with the Scum for the Atlantic Cup ?

RFK's gonna be rockin' Sunday

Any special "themes" in the works for the game (a la diving flags for LA Ruiz) ?

Not that any theme is particularly needed. These are the Scum, after all.

8,000 in attendence. What a joke. Was there a pile-up on the Turnpike before the match or something ?

When's the game on ? Do tell.

7. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava
    No quarter to the *#*#*#*#*# from the north. What a great night! Safe passage to my Barra brothers and sisters who went to Hoffa's Hut. I just smoked a fat Cohiba to the sound of Marines warming up their SAWs and 50 cals for all the dirtbags that oppose the USA. Cheers.........

8. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: When will the match be broadcast ? Must see !

Nah, about 10k more people were going to go to the match, but then they realized that they were about to go to a metro match. Word on the street is that the metro's cause cancer.

9. American40

American40 Member

Jan 9, 2003
    Looks like Convey went 90. Any reports on how he played?

10. In Bob We Trust

In Bob We Trust New Member

Jan 5, 2003
    from all accounts, its seems this was a rare well-played match by both teams...congrats, i have to sit here and wait to watch it at 1am, knowing full well what i'm gonna get it...we'll give you hell at your place sunday, we have to...

11. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Sunday is going to be absolutley fucking HUGE

You thought we played some must-win games this year?

You haven't seen anything yet.

Oh, and AOL chatrooms rock. :D

12. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    word
    I've got my supply's:
    [​IMG]

13. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava
    Smoke bombs this Sunday...screw the rules

14. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    No kidding. It was the smallest crowd I have ever seen at a game ever in MLS. It looked like the DC travelling contingent was larger than Section 101. And they sat most people on the side across from the cameras to look larger on TV.

Convey was great a lot of good crosses in from the left, Olsen was up and down on the right as well. A solid win tonight, I had a great time cheering with the DC folk. Good luck to Rimando, he walked off the field with a little help, so that has to be some good news. But Warren came up big on a lot of good plays. Didn't help that the ref was crooked and missed about four handballs, a nice clothesline, and bought Armando diving all across the field. But I guess they're right when they say cheters never win.

15. Bambule GK

Bambule GK New Member

Aug 16, 2000
    The ATL
    Sunday.

Bring It.

16. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Rimando was taken off the field on a cart after the game. He was covered by a blanket and in obvious pain.

As someone already noted, you don't need an MRI to immediately diagnose a torn ACL. As someone who has had this injury, I can sympathize.

17. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cheers to DC United for giving my Fire some more breathing room against the Metrostars. You guys have been playing extremely well lately.

18. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    :D :D

19. entropy

entropy Member

Aug 31, 2000
    People's Republic of Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Thanks, but don't get too comfy! ;)

Man, does this ever feel good. Great props to the team for pulling this off!

Anyone else starting to hear a sound??? A certain clicking sound??? Couldn't come at a better time.

20. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    8000? way to bring it.....:p

DC UNITED
    Embarrasing the Metros since 1996

take up field hockey pootos......

21. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    FYI, Rimando blew out his knee on a throw, which was pretty strange. Picked up the ball, gave it the ol' Jai Alai sesta one arm outlet pass and went down in a heap, rolled over and was out. Took him 8 minutes to get off the field, but anyway.

Also, you have to give the Atlantic cup stuff a rest guys, it's a meaningless trophy. If the teams were end tied on goals and wins (hypothetically, it won't happen this year), do you really suggest we play extra time to settle it? It's a trophy for the front office. League and Open cup matter. That thing, goes in the trash.

22. In Bob We Trust

In Bob We Trust New Member

Jan 5, 2003
    i'm actually curious as to how you DC fans really feel about all the Atlantic Cup hoopla...obviously we wanna blow you guys out each time and vice versa, but the general sentiment on our part is that it's a contrived marketing ploy on the part of the league, and to be honest, we really care zero about the "atlantic cup" itself...i think if it were something that came from our fans and your fans, it would mean a little something, but not something forced on both sides by an outside source...what do you guys think?

23. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Our Trophy case is geting kind of full. Either we win a couple more or let you guys win one.

I'm going to IKEA Saturday....

Who's got a pick-up truck?

24. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Do we seriously care about that piece of crap trophy? Not really. But our indifference has more to do with the fact that we have plenty of REAL cups...

Oh, and the fact that you wankers have never won even a SINGLE trophy just makes it that much more fun to keep it that way. ha!

--have a nice Friday. :D

25. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    On a completely different topic... I m watching the ESPN2 replay here and that dive by Guevara was just disgusting. No contact. Nothing. If the league had any balls they would fine his bitch a$$.

--Mathis choking on the PK just proves there is a God and he is a fan of good soccer :D.