Official DC United vs Columbus Crew POST Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Knave, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    You feel our pain.

2. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    You're right it shoud have been a red. You saw it, I saw it, the crowd saw it, everyone but the f'ing ref saw it. This game and the game against the Metros in July are enough for me to call off MLS altogether. The refs need to go through a damn training camp this offseason.

3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    It certainly was an exciting game to watch though.... my non soccer friends were glued to their seats watching the game...

4. Potomac Red Devil

Aug 12, 2003
    Indiana
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "How does McBride - you know, the best striker on Columbus - get open, IN OVERTIME, when all you need to do is keep the Crew off the board for two more *#*#*#*#ing minutes?"

McBride was marked but just barely....Warren could have made a better play in the ball since there was only about two feet between him and the post.

Warren actually had a pretty bad day...

5. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    Jesus what a weird game.

Creativity gone.

6. futbolrey

futbolrey New Member

Dec 20, 2002
    Burke, Va
    I thought it was an even game...to bad we lost.

Good game to watch could be a classic match.

are we the chances of making it to the playoffs? Or are we on the verage of a collapse?

7. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    WE *#*#*#*#ING, *#*#*#*#ING, *#*#*#*#ING, *#*#*#*#ING, *#*#*#*#ING SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot watch this team play again this season. How many *#*#*#*#ing overtime losses do we have?

*#*#*#*#ing esky! Idiot! 1st Draft pick my ass! You are a *#*#*#*#ing idiot!

8. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh come on, please don't start bitching about overtime. The rules have been that way all season.

If it had been the other way around you'd be cheering over time.

I like overtime just because I get an extra 10 minutes of soccer.

(It doesn't matter as much now that I have FSW, but back when I was only seeing 1 match a week I loved OT games)

9. counterattack

counterattack New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    I saw Androolis thanking God after McBride's goal. That was right after everyone on the bench ran away from him in the celebration. He should thank Brian, not God, and the Crew should still fire his ass.

10. vivaelbolivar

vivaelbolivar New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    RFK & EL MADRIGAL
    its all or nothing next game i hope preki chokes for our sake. *#*#*#*# this *#*#*#*# how could this happen man!

11. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    We will not make the playoffs.

12. Potomac Red Devil

Aug 12, 2003
    Indiana
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "If it had been the other way around you'd be cheering over time. "

Wrong. Overtime is stupid no matter who wins and loses. Join the rest of the world, MLS...leave the overtime for cup matches.

13. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    This is what our team looks like with all our offense out. No Stewart, Etch, or Olsen and we play like crap. I'm on the fence as to whether we make the playoffs. I'm almost hoping we don't so we can lose some dead weight. And there is a lot of dead weight.

14. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    I think we stand a better chance on the Cows losing to the Fire than United tying KC.

15. Freestyle2000

Freestyle2000 Moderator

Feb 6, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We will, but only because Chicago's reserves are better than Columbus' starters.

But then, we are going to get spanked in the playoffs. We're taking 6 or 7-0 in aggregate.

RS

16. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    I agree, the only way we will make the playoffs is if Chicago can beat Columbus. But the Columbus fans will be out for this match.

My prediction: We don't make the playoffs.

The curse of Chris Albright continues.

17. vivaelbolivar

vivaelbolivar New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    RFK & EL MADRIGAL
    he should thank our stupid defenders not mcbride for the stinking goal

18. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No he should thank the Referee for that schoolboy penalty call, as well as sending off Eskandarian.

The fact that we played minus Stewart, no Etch, No Olsen I'm not as upset as normal...But I haven't been given a good explanation as to why Namhoff didn't start

19. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys, I don't know if anyone realizes this, but right now there is a 6 goal difference in goal differencial between DC and Cbus.

DC 38 points and +2 GD
    CBUS 35 Points and a -4 GD

Even if y'all lose next week, Columbus wins... they have to score like 5 goals if you lose 1-0 dont they?

I'd say you look pretty good no matter what.

Especially since Columbus plays Chicago next week.

Oh come on, the PK call on Warren was legit. He came in late and missed the ball. A foul doesn't have to be intentional for it to be a foul. I don't think he meant to run West over without playing the ball, but he did.

It was just a good play on the part of West.

20. Freestyle2000

Freestyle2000 Moderator

Feb 6, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Five overtime losses.

FIVE.

Four goals in four games, with three being from the spot and one from a defender.

Five of our last six games have gone to overtime. We've lost three of them.

RS

21. vivaelbolivar

vivaelbolivar New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    RFK & EL MADRIGAL
    The curse of Chris Albright continues. [/B][/QUOTE]

Chirs Albright did not do amazing things while he was here and you could easily change that name to anyone who played for us in 99 and then left.

we are not the red sox

22. um_chili

um_chili Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    Losanjealous
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For what it's worth, a Columbus-Chicago tie will put us into the playoffs as well. However, they've got momentum and will be playing a team that has nothing left to fight for. We, on the other hand, have just taken two swift kicks in the psychological nuts thanks to MLS overtime, and will be playing a team that can clinch second place in the West, and home-field in the first round, with a win. I'm going to be at the game next weekend but I'm not particularly hopeful.

23. Freestyle2000

Freestyle2000 Moderator

Feb 6, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Head-to-head is first tiebreaker. The Crew is 2-1-1 against us this season.

24. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    First tiebreaker is head to head record.

25. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    What a bitch of a game. But mark my words, we got exactly what we deserved.

The Crew deserved to win. I hate Hristo so much right now. His dive was so classless that it almost made me hope DC United wouldn't be rewarded in the end.

This whole thing just sucked.

Petke's goal was the one shining moment that I can think of. For that effort alone it's a shame we lost this game.