Official DC United vs Columbus Crew POST Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by ursula, Oct 4, 2003.

1. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Let's see if that trend continues for the week now that we have some of our regular starters back.

2. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    I just noticed, and am very proud of the fact that my brother Chico quoted me on his Sig line. Thank you for the honor Chico....I think ;)

3. Mountainia

Mountainia Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Section 207, Row 7
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you been taking lessons from Hudson's Academy of Metaphores? Perhaps Advanced Disturbing Mental-Images 301?

4. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Graduated with honours!! :)

I had to say penis because D*** isn't allowed here.

5. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes.

I spent 20+ years in the Marines and missed my brothers, sisters and best friend's wedding. Not to mention a buttload of birthdays, anniversaries, and the like.

I knew the deal when I went in and accepted it - Warren should know this is the pros. Unless someone's dead or dying, tough titty.

If he missed this game for a wedding...that is WEAK.

6. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Thank you for your service my man. My hat is off to you.

7. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    My god! It was just a game! It's not like he's missed the game to go out on a date or something. He went to his brother's wedding. Obviously, his brother means a lot to him and the team supported his decision. The least the fans can do is the same, not chastize him for it. The lad obviously has his prioritities in check. There will be other games. There is only one wedding. Do the math.

8. albionroad

albionroad Member

Aug 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering the numerous (and lengthy) shots of the United supporters at the game and the multiple Ray-cam sequences, I would have to believe that Comcast had a camera crew at the match. Is this normal? I would have assumed Comcast just picked up the local feed and then had Dave and Thomas do the audio. Interesting.

Question - why does Dave always say Ryan Nillson instead of Nellson like everybody else?

Great effort by the team tonight considering all the absences. A well-deserved draw.

9. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Statistics say there will be another 2.3 weddings :D

10. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Screw that. This is crunch time. Plus, this is the one chance the kid had been hoping for this year! Nick is gone. He's the go to guy. This is his time to shine. Maybe it's just me, but I'd catch the video of the reception and stay with the club.

11. TCompton

TCompton Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Alexandria
    but anything over 1.0 you shouldn't feel obligated to attend.

12. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    In another thread, I said barring divorce. I'm a little more optimistic now, what with my brother getting married and all.

13. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Just for the record, Vicky want's me to post that she thinks Warren should have been at the wedding.

Now maybe she can stop hitting me over the head ;)

14. TCompton

TCompton Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Alexandria
    curious, i was just going with this wedding thing 'cause it seemed to be the popular opinion. but, where did we hear that warren missed this game because of a wedding? i really hope that it is a wedding, because the last player that missed a game due to family matters was chino, and i really hope that nothing like that took place.

speaking of chino, i thought he had a very solid game also. there were some times where he managed to weave out of a congested area with the ball at his feet. a pleasant change from a year ago. this is by far the best season he has had. he's turning into a very "safe" defensive/possession based substitute.

15. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I have no complaints with this result.

Good job.

16. rjdolesh

rjdolesh New Member

Jun 15, 2001
    To all those who are good and pissed off about Warren missing the match for his brother's wedding--just think how you'd feel if we had LOST the match? Some would be apoplectic by now.
    We showed heart and courage tonite, got out with the point, and we're stronger for it. Lighten up. Live and let live.

17. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Oh I admit I am a whiner, but I am also happy about the game :D

--You can have your cake and wine too :)

18. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    So magic number is 5 right? We just need to get points next weekend.

19. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    I think it's 4.

A draw next week and a win against Columbus at RFK and we're in.

20. ignatz

ignatz New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Washington, DC
    It's four -- discussed in the thread above, page 2. If we tie at NE this weekend, and the Crew lose at the Fire, we're in.

21. GoDC

GoDC Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Hamilton, VA
    A great result for us given the situation.

Sorry but Warren was the right place and I would guess that decision was made a long time ago. DC did a good job of keeping that information quiet. Clint only gave up the one goal and did a decent job controlling the box but I will be happy to see Warren return next week. Just a few cases of miscommunication that the Crew was too poor to take advantage of.

Second half Bobby and Marco really stepped things up and for the 5 minutes before the goal and 10 or so after, we totally dominated. One of our best stretches of the year.

Branfon, Nelsen, and Namoff were awesome in the back. Chino played one of his best games of the year.

22. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Great quote! :D (approaches Rayian quality)

I do agree with JoeW analysis though.

Baumstark did look good, so Warren should be a little more worried.

23. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Ray and John should get a lot of credit for the strategy, it worked beautifully.

24. spootmasta

spootmasta New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    i think baumstark went in & did his job but he was REEEELE shaky on a lot of those 50 50 balls. & whoever said hes gonna be our new backup, i think hes got atleast 2 more years of developin homie bfo hes ready for this league.

holla atcha boy

25. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    VA
    I was married in Vegas at the Concacaf Championship. That way you can have your football and wedding. Baumstark's family should have moved the wedding to Cowlubus.