Official DC United-Metrostars Playoff Leg 1 Postmatch Thread [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by SABuffalo786, Oct 23, 2004.

1. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I say lighten up. They were giving the score during t he CSN broadcast and, this is the playoffs - you're gonna hear news.

They call them "spoil"ers for a reason.

Man, that was awesome. I usually don't bash the surface, but it made for a choppy game. We double-teamed and played defense like mofos. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta!

2. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    I was honestly worried that Alecko would go on a cold streak, shaving off the hair and all. :D

3. Zman Gunner

Zman Gunner BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 7, 2003
    Middletown, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just back from the 2 hour drive from the Swamp back home to Delaware. What a friggin' great game. My 11 year old son and I sat behind the goal with la norte, screaming eagles, and barra brava - great job folks - our season tickets at RFK are on The Quiet Side (Section 111) so we got a good dose of the fine work by each of the supporters' groups - my son really enjoyed the great chants and specifically the Walker-bashing. "I'll take a Jonny Walker on the rocks - no, make it a double".

2-nil coming home to RFK........enjoy your off-season, MetroScum.

Go Revs - a draw in Columbus means you are playing/losing at RFK on 11/6.

4. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First off, props to all the Barra/La Norte/SE folks who made the trip -- by the TV coverage, it looked like you outnumbered the Jersey fans by a wide margin -- and good to hang with those of you who joined us all at Summers.

I was uncomfortable with Earnie's goal because, based on what little we saw during the match, he looked *so* offside. I wasn't *that* uncomfortable because he'd been burned earlier in the match for offside calls that looked like crap. But still, I could just hear whiny Jersey voices in the back of my head. But Esky's goal was unanswerable. Gorgeous.

I'm curious now about the KC-SJ match tomorrow night (well, tonight, now). Last night, Colorado and LA showed nothing impressive. NE knocked off Columbus tonight. This wasn't one of our best matches tonight; but still, I think we have as good a chance as anyone does. And I'm an eternal pessimist about such things, so it feels odd to say that.

5. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    I was at the game, and may I just say that it was AMAZING to see almost as many DCU fans there as ESC fans. Classic! BTW - I got a bunch of amazing pics of it all - but will take me a few days to get them developed and put up here....but I promise to do so soon. (I've got a professional camera, but just not digital yet - can't afford the $2500 for the setup I want, so you'll just have to wait - sorry!)

This was a great win for you guys, and I'm thrilled to have been there cheering on Rimando for his brilliant saves, and for the two incredible goals.

I think this team is peaking at the perfect moment. I look forward to watching the rest of the way.

After these few games, I think I've now officially become a fan of this team - and that's saying a lot - as I have only ever supported the Mutiny!

6. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very enjoyable win. Frozen rope by Earnie:) One of these days FSW will get us a replay that actually shows something.........

7. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    There was one other thing that I forgot to mention. As Comcast was breaking into their coverage, they panned over the DC fans, and right in the middle of the inital shot was a younger guy giving a double-barrelled one fingered solute. The camera quickly scanned passed him, but it was a hilarious way to start the evening.

8. lkeniston

lkeniston Member

Mar 20, 2003
    Richmond, Va.
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Monster win! Just heavenly!

Yeah, Ernie paid for a boatload of sins with that one & Alecko made good.

My only fear is that the boys relax too much. We seem to be a team that must attack to be stable. Peter, don't change a thing!

9. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    If you knew that the gentleman to his right was his father, you might have laughed even louder!

10. Hezbolt

Hezbolt New Member

Jun 4, 2001
    La Norte
    just got back the "OUR HOUSE IN JERSEY". One the way back we pulled into one of the service areas and guess who we run across....

Dema and an older gentleman (i am guessing his dad). He thanks us for being there, said we were great, and said he needs to work on his finishing

Then at the same place we bump into Mr. & Mrs Tino, and Mr. & future Mrs. Nicki. The also thanked us for being there and said hi.

Also need to toss out some serious props to Nellie, Jamie, and
    Bennie after the game because the took off their jersey and tossed them up to us. I didn't get one, but there are 3 lucky people out there.

For my first raod trip theis was amazing.

11. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ok, just got back in.

First off it was amazing outsinging the home supporters in their own house. It was cool as well that both goals were scored in front of us. The whole team came over and bounced in front of us after the win.

On the way back home on the bus, the team bus stopped at the same rest stop as ours. Nellie and a few of the other players who werent asleep got off and talked to us, then went and got ice cream :p

Analysis? I dont think the Metros will beat us by 3 at home. :D

12. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Great game, great win, goodnight.

P.S. Why did it take MLS so long to get the replay up on the internet? The New England/Cows game that ran concurrently was up a good 90 minutes before. Todd needs sleep.

13. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Just got home. More later. :p

14. Gunnersaurus

Gunnersaurus Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Jurassic Period
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yep. Splendid, especially at the Delaware rest area. Up pulls a bus next to all us smokers and who gets off? The TEAM! Okay, most of 'em.

Freddy stayed on the bus, drinking a soft drink that's not jointly sponsored by him and Pele.

Nelsen looked a little banged up, but nothing a little rest can't take care of.

On the main, it was awesome. Us at one end of the field, ESC at the other end, and the rest of the theatre-goers.

Nighty-night.

-G. Rex :)

15. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Just go home about 15 minutes ago from droppin' off my La Norte Brothers a their million dollar cribs.. ahem....

Man what a f'n blast we had... It was my first ever road trip and I f'n loved every second of it... Getting together with our Barra and Eagles Brothers and sisters was great too... we are trully United!!

It was cool meeting some of you... It's nice to finally have a face to go with all these crazy ass big soccer id's... :D

Can't wait for the home game, that's going to be even better... although.. this was like a home game anyway.. We got a new f'n home.. the metros are just renting... and I think it's about time we evict their asses...

The game was good, Esky's goal was f'n beautiful...

Even more beautiful was watching the metro fans leaving with their heads hanging low.. hahaha.. that's gotta suck... I told them not to worry, they still got a reason to cheer... the JETS are doing good... :p

On the way back, like Hezbolt said we ran into Dema, Q1 and THE GREAT WALL OF DC, Nick Rimando... It was cool talking to them and hearing them say thanks for our support... That was the icing on the f'n cake...

This was a night I will not soon forget...

Wooooooooooooooooooo!

Dougg
    La Norte

16. DeKo21DCU

DeKo21DCU New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    VA
    Yeah it was Dema's dad.

Funny, the team bus pulled up next to our bus at a rest stop.

17. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    We're turning that kid into a regular hooligan one game at the time. They both looked like they had good time :)

Stop proofreading my banners :D

18. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Wheee, I see little Barra Brava - Muerte o Gloria banner got tv time too :D

19. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    just checking in here too :D

--So very proud of the Barra boys and girls tonight.

I would like to thank the Metros and their a$$hat security guards for being such wonderful hosts. With your team getting gang banged like that no wonder you could only get 11,000 people there!! (HAHAHAHAHAHA! :D )

I also hope they enjoy the new art work some people from DC left them in the theor parking lot.

--More mocking to come.... :D

20. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    p.s. Don't forget to throw the Metros down the well. So my country can be free. Throw the Mertos down the well... And we will have a big party :D

21. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Good luck for the rest of the playoffs :)

From the whole of Middlesbrough :cool:

[​IMG]

22. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Life is sweet!

23. dcgoonies

dcgoonies New Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Maryland

No doubt about it. As Alecko was moving I was yelling to the TV, "He's left footed fool!!!"
    So much for the "rookie of the year" defender.
    He got pimped on that one.

24. dcgoonies

dcgoonies New Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Maryland

Yes, very cool. I paused it and said to my wife "This is why I bring our son to DC United games. You gatta love it."
    She asked me how much beer they had pumped into him on the bus ride up there. Anybody got that one????
    Great great great job by travellers. I made the game up there with you last year. It looked like deja vu all over again. A 2-0 win. Earnie scoring.
    Can't wait for Saturday night.

25. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Had a fantastic time watching at Summers. What a game!

I couldn't believe Earnie was onside, but the replay after the game showed he was.

Sachin