official DC Forum Thanksgiving Thank's

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by greatscott, Nov 25, 2004.

1. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    first off. happy thanksgiving and wanted to name a few things im thankful for

all the players we've ever had
    all the fans whove ever come out
    all the people ive met at games and on this board
    Metros for making us look good
    all of our coaches
    the internet
    dcunited.com
    history channel for keeping me intertained
    skateboarding for giving me a huge hole in my jeans today
    andy mead and company for the pictures from games
    unitedmania.com
    ussocceruk.com for the news

theres so much more but my feet hurt

2. Mountainia

Mountainia Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Section 207, Row 7
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS for staying in business
    DC United for working hard and playing well
    BB, SE, LN et al for making it fun to be at RFK
    BS for giving me something to do 'till April

3. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    For all the folks on this board, I'm thankful.

4. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I'm thankful for all my friends in La Norte. Whether we're packed tight for the Eastern conference playoffs, or whether it's 4 of us for CSD Municipal, we never say die. Here's to kicking more ass in 2005, and possibly adding Keller to the list of keepers who hate us. :D

Other thankful things:
    -DCU (obviously, for being the best sports club on the face of the earth; titles or no, I will love you forevermore)
    -MetroScum for being such a good enemy, abysmal and profane as they are
    -the postseason hubris of various BS dickbags (no need to name names, we all know who they are), and the BS community in general. You make me proud to be an internet and soccer geek all in one
    -all my brothers and sisters in La Barra Brava and the Screaming Eagles, and those lost souls on the Quiet Side who need a new, louder home :D
    -a relatively positive outlook for MLS, with new stadia and 4 new teams in 2 years (even if 2 of them are horribly derivative)
    -Arsenal, for their resolve in the face of incompetent refereeing and bitch-ass PSV softies. Vengeance will be ours. That means you too, Chelski.
    -Dortmund and PSG for providing my ritual soccer suffering to maintain balance, now that DCU and Barca are back on top :D
    -friends, family, flatulent coworkers, a job I hate and love in equal measure
    -the wonderful girl I'm seeing right now
    -my phat-ass turntable rig, made all the phatter by my new PMC-07 battle mixer. 2005 will be the year I strike.
    -FSW/Cartoon Network/History Channel/public TV
    -November 2005, which will mark 10 years since I ended chemo
    -Paul et al. at the Lucky Bar for finally breaking my Saturday morning cartoon habit :D
    -anything else I'm forgetting

Happy Syphilitic Pilgrims Day, everybody.

5. Section106

Section106 Member

May 1, 2003
    Hampton,VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm thankful for-
    -my family, my pups, and my friends.
    -DC United.
    -breaking my nose playing baseball @ age 12 causing my mom to put me on the soccer team thus changing my life for the better.(baseball sucks!)
    -all the good people I've met at RFK.
    -BigSoccer and all the people who post here.
    -Jaime Moreno for showing us how soccer should be played.

Happy Thanksgiving!

6. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  7. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Happy THanksgiving to the DC United Family!

8. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  9. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  10. rtiemens

rtiemens Member

Aug 16, 1999
    Virginia
    Soccer-wise, I thank God for:

-my wife, who loves me despite my borderline "obsession" for the best and really the *only* Sport on the face of the earth, soccer.
    - nine wonderful children, who, to varying degrees, share my joy in the Beautiful Game
    - Marco Antonio Etcheverry, human highlight reel, who, in his prime, was the best dribbler and one of the very best playmakers in the world, who literally willed DC United to victory time after time after time, who gave me soccer memories the likes of which I had never had in almost 30 years as a fan, which will last me a lifetime.
    - DC United, from where I sit, and for all I care the greatest football team ever, anywhere. No matter where I might live, I will always be, through and through, a DC United fan. Lucky for me, I never plan to leave Virginia!
    - the fans at RFK . . . what can I say? Perhaps it is best to share a memory. I remember a game a few years ago, against the metros I think. The weather started out sunny and warm, but before long rain began to fall. Many of the fans headed for the protection overhangs. Not The Screaming Eagles or Barra Brava. The harder it rained, the louder and more frenetic became their cheering, chanting, and singing for DC United. Several players looked over in amazement and shook their heads in delighted amazement. The rain became an absolute cloud-bursting downpour. But it was the SE's and BB that were making all the thunder, cheering and singing and bouncing a fever pitch in the midst of the deluge. The sun began to shine once again, and DC United went on to another victory. After the game, almost the entire team came over to the stands and high-fived with the best supporters groups in the United States.
    - the health to still be able to play with my sons in the SE pickup games. And to the SE's for letting someone as old and slow as me play.

11. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United

'Nuff said.

12. DeKo21DCU

DeKo21DCU New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    VA
    I'm thankful for the wonderful family I've come to know in the fans of DCU.
    I'm thankful that right now one of those fans is in the living room with my nine year old cousin helping her learn the Cello (BeltwayRob).
    I'm thankful for our 4th star and the fact that I live in DC so I can be a part of the best organization in MLS.

Oh and I can't forget the players who have been so great with the fans this year. Best players in MLS! (special thanks to Dema)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

13. mikedett

mikedett New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Springfield, Va. USA
    Club:
    DC United
    It is an amazing compliment to all of the supporter's groups that we generate this type of discussion among other team's supporters.
    As much as I hate the scum, I would love to see their fans bring it the way we do.
    I believe that would be good for the entire league, and for the game in general.
    :D

14. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well DeKo was posting I was like "what the heck are you doing" she said "what do you think?"... natually my first reaction was "there is no way you are on BigSoccer right now" well she was and when she showed me where she was posting well I had to.

What I most thankful for:

I am thanful for the oppotunity to move from California to DC and live in this wonderful area, and learn something new about this great country.

I am thankful for my family who have been most understandng in my journey to DC, who have showed me love and support no matter what.

I am thankful for the many friends I have made here, from my brothers and sisters in BB, SE, and LN, to the quiet siders.

To Jess, Susan, Ken, Adam, Emily, the Kyle's my little tailgate crew for standing together throughout the year.

I am also extremely thankful for the many gifts and talents that God has blessed me with.

Oh and to our boys in Red & Black..... ****

And DeKo, darlin you are the best for inviting me into your family. I feel blessed to have such a great friend in you. (And yes, Dema will marry you some day... even if it is heaven.)

AMEN!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on BigSoccer!

15. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im also thankful how united our fans really are. i rarely ever see someone call another member of their group "another member of ____" its always ," my brothers and sisters in__" i think thats pretty cool

16. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thankful for all the new friends I made this year

Thankful for #4

Thankful my friends & family made it safely thorugh another year

Thankful we have a pro-league in the US still

Happy Turkey Day, everyone. Im gonna go pass out in a tryptophan induced coma now.

17. gnat

gnat New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    I'm just thankful there is one less day until next season when I will be standing with the Barra on a regular basis and finally get to know more of you. :D

-dave

18. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    Chico, those links are too fun.

I'm thankful an awesome season, for much brotherhood and some wild experiences, for the chance to play and chant and bounce and win. For beautiful futbol, intoxicating tailgates, Rimando Beach, team members who play hard and will still hoist a drink with the supporters, for Nowak and his entire army, and for the teams that came before, who gave us in a few short years what teams around the world struggle a long time to get -- tradition.

It was a helluva year. How many minutes til' spring?

19. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, it's after midnight, and so no long Thanksgiving; but I just got home.

I am thankful for Mary -- beautiful, kind, and very very patient. I am thankful for my sister and all the help she's given me this year. I am thankful that no matter how much I may complain, the truth is that compared to how bad it can get in this world, I don't have it that bad. I am thankful for friends who love me. I am thankful that I get to support a good team that loves its fans. And I am very thankful for all the friends I have met and made while supporting D.C. United this year.