[OFFICIAL] David Beckham Joins The Galaxy Thread Part 2

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by profiled, Jan 17, 2007.

1. FC Dizzle

FC Dizzle Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    i have a question hopefully someone can answer..

does anyone know how Beckham will travel with the team on road trips? I remember MLS having a rule that teams cant fly on private planes (Red Bull wanted to do that).. so what is Beckham gunna do? I cant really see him and LD on a southwest airlines flight..

2. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    I'm almost certain the Galaxy will continue to follow MLS rules..
    I don't think it will be much of a problem.. My work for the last 35 years has been in entertainment and I've flown countless times on flights with celebs and once you board the plane I've never seen a problem. A few will leave their seats and ask for an autograph and share a few words but never anything more (there was that attendent that had a good time with some celeb in the restroom though..;)). If more than a couple of people gather around a celeb's seat in the aisle, I've seen attendents say something.. I've seen celebs even totally ignored for an entire fight too.. Cary Grant coming back from Puerta Vallarta Mexico around '81 and Bill Walton going to Portland on crutches back around '79 were ignored..:D

BTW: Today's LA Times print edition had a front page of sports story called "Beckham Shows Some Leg" with a huge picture..

3. RoyKeane

RoyKeane New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It just goes to show that the media whip up a lot of unnecessary hype when they think a player is past his best.
    i was very pleased to note that the British public have their own view on Beckham, as borne out in my previous post...........

They can't all be wrong surely.

Anyway, The Galaxy have him now, and I am sure you guys will not be disappointed, but I ask one thing.......when England have an International match, can we have him back please :D

Good Luck ;)

4. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beckham is looking really good

5. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Maybe sometimes...
    :p

To give him up for MLS Cup would be one hard thing to do!

6. Shanoni

Shanoni New Member

Jan 23, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I believe the entire team is flying on a team plan. I think the arguement is security and team safety

7. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I was waiting yesterday for the Germany vs. San Marino game at Fox Sports, and caught the end of the Galaxy-DC game, the fans -again- were booing lustily at your players, LanDo included.

Im sure Beckham knows that there is a gulf between Jaqua, LanDo et.Al and Van Nistelroy and Robinho. My question is: was he consulted on probable player aquisition ( and I dont mean Robinho...:D ) or was he assured that the Galaxy was going to be a balanced and competitive team when he arrives.

Or does Lalas thinks that Beckham plus any 10 players will get the MLS cup the CONCACAF champions cup and the Copa Sudamericana ?

8. charlieblanko

charlieblanko Member

Dec 8, 2006
    cal south
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think its the last of those 3 jq, and from the looks of both teams yesterday Beck(playing like he is now) will look like he is 25 again, probably run circles against the mls class of play(and im a serious mls supporter),smh. If he has the making players better effect it will do wonders for lando, and jaqua in learning. Becks is going to be a totall assest and hopefully the missing link to the successful puzzle:cool:

9. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    In Real Madrid Beckham doesnt run circles around anybody, he puts Robinho and Van Nistleroy in a position to run circles around somebody else, same in England's NT. So far Jaqua is not able to waddle his way around anybody, will he be able to receive a milimetric pass from Beckham and finish, or will he bungle that pass also, like so many others ?

10. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
  11. charlieblanko

charlieblanko Member

Dec 8, 2006
    cal south
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

The mls is far from the league in spain that becks plays for now,
    Very far!

12. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is true we are very far from La liga, Just as you can tell you are new to the league and probably didn't become a fan until you heard that Beckham was coming (dead givaway, you call it THE mls)

13. charlieblanko

charlieblanko Member

Dec 8, 2006
    cal south
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Are, you "are you serious:confused: "
    Please.
    I was just bringing logic into the convo, my bad, no disrespect.:rolleyes:

14. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be honest I am ok with your perception its just that its MLS not THE MLS, better to know sooner rather than later. Didn't mean to ruffel your feathers, my bad.

15. Anteaters FC

Anteaters FC New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Santa Monica
    The question so nice he asked it twice.

16. kstuart

kstuart Member

Jul 13, 1999
    Northern California
    Actually, I think this is exagerrated.
    Juan Pablo Angel would score goals as striker for any La Liga team.
    I think Donovan would do well on most La Liga or EPL teams - I know Boro would be happy to sign him tomorrow if he were available.