Official CSL 2006 Part II [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by The Old Lady Hertha, May 13, 2006.

1. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  2. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Adelaide, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'll continue on with my Ramirez thing...
    Last night, his first touch let him down several times. He'd recieve it and try trap it but it would bounce to far away and he'd get challenged and I think he lost the ball almost every time. The goal's i've seen him score haven't been that great really. The header last night was pretty average, and the other's I've seen of his weren't to great except one which was a nice turn and volley, I'll give him credit for that one. He also lacks control. In reference to that "penalty" incident that I saw, he simply knocked the ball ahead of him and ran, and then did it again but got tripped. He lacks the finer skills, and even though he has good awareness and vision for the pass (that I've seen) he can't actually make the pass, it always gets picked out by a defender...

3. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I saw someone on another thread saw Ramirez was Shenhua's top scorer with 4 goals. So what? I support Chinese football, and I admire the enthusiasm and dedication to the sport among Chinese fans. But let's not kid ourselves, the standard of play at this moment in time is not very good. I sincerely hope it gets better, but now, it is mediocre. With that in mind, Ramirez ought to be doing a lot better than what he is. Four goals in 12 games is a poor return - the young strikers at Shenhua surely could have done at least as well as that. No point getting a foreigner in if they are not better than the Chinese players.

Heard from my Blue Devil mates that Ramirez could soon be on his way to Qingdao - don't know if any of you Chinese-readers have seen that in the local media?

4. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Good to hear. :)

5. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    That was me...as I said, I haven't seen any Shenhua games and don't really pay attention to who they've played up top. I can't imagine a team with such a bad scoring record though wouldn't give a shot to its "younger" players. I am almost positive that Gao has played in the majority, if not all, of Shenhua's games this year, but not sure about Mao, other than those 2, there aren't any other young strikers at Shenhua. Gao has only 1 goal to his name so far. 4 goals in 12 games isn't all that bad, the league leaders only have 8, its just that the entire scoring load is placed on Ramirez because nobody else is reliable, well it seems so far that Ramirez is equally unreliable. In theory the foreigners are scouted well and brought in because a manager sees some talent in them, he was brought in to take the pressure off of Gao/Mao, but its not working. The long road to recover for Xie and Zhang are also killing the team, if either one of them were back, I don't think Ramirez would be seeing much time.

The problem is that Shenhua went into the season unprepared. While, by all accounts, Ramirez seems to have bungled any number of scoring opportunities, his goals have also been the difference for Shenhua in other matches.

All I was asking was whether Ramirez truly deserves the scorn that's been heaped on him or whether it was a normal fan overreaction because their looking for a scapegoat and don't want to point the finger at the problem, Wu Jingui.

6. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Adelaide, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    As a relatively new fan of Shenhua, I can quite safetly say that it is the fault of both Wu and Ramirez. Wu must have seen something in him to bring him over, however so far he has failed to get Ramirez to show whatever qualities it was that he has. Both parties are to blame somewhat as far as I'm concerned, we just have to hope that it is dealt with quickly.

7. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I don't want to get on Ramirez' back, and I may be being a little harsh, but I have been to most of SHenhua's home games this season and every time moves break down at his feet. He is simply not of an acceptable standard. Him and Martinez are both Honduran, I don't think that's a co-incidence. Martinez obviously put a good word in for him somehwere - it now looks like that was a very biased word.

As for the younger players, I'm not sure when they have appeared so I cant comment.

But, it's true, Wu Jing Gui has a lot to answer for.

8. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    It's strange how with Shenhua's scoring woes, Wu allows Gao Lin and Mao Jianqing to play in the Toulon Cup but keeps midfielder Wang Hongliang.

9. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Ha ha, we've got big CARSTEN now! He heh.

Watch out Shandong and Dalian.

Beijing, irrelevant ;-)

10. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Damn straight!

As long as Wu Jingui is our manager, we should have a pipeline for German veterans keen on an Asian adventure.

11. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    haha, 2 weeks ago you were ready to concede, now you're all excited, forget it! This doesn't change anything, your sentiments 2 weeks ago were more likely to be accurate...

12. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Another plate of crow for you, good sir. :mad:

13. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Jancker is not a middlefield player right? I think you need a organizer

14. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    CSL Round 14 Live schedule

5.20 15:35 Changchun VS Beijing Dragon TV/BTV-6
    5.20 19:30 Shenzhen VS Wuhan Guangdong Sports/Hubei Sports/Wuhan Sports
    5.21 15:05 Qingdao VS Tianjin Guangdong Sports
    5.21 15:35 Xiamen VS Inter Hubei Sports
    5.21 19:30 Liaoning VS Shandong BTV-6/Shandong Sports/Guangdong Sports
    5.21 19:35 Dalian VS Shenhua Dragon TV/Shanghai Sports/Xiamen Sports

CSL Round 15 Live schedule

5.24 16:00 Inter VS Qingdao BTV-6
    5.24 19:05 Beijing VS Xiamen BTV-6/Xiamen Sports/Hubei Sports/Wuhan Sports
    5.24 19:30 Shandong VS Changchun Shandong Sports/Guangdong Sports
    5.24 19:35 Chongqing VS Dalian Guangdong Sports
    5.25 19:45 Shanghai.S VS Liaoning shanghai Sports
    5.24 19:45 Tianjin VS Shanghai.Utd Xiamen Sports

15. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    :( When Albertz was there, he would always have to physically point to where his teammates should be. Without him they just run around like headless chickens.

16. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    the greens r getting destroyed by changchun :eek: 3-1 at the 85'

17. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Will Jancker play tomorrow?

18. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    from china daily

19. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    What the Hell~... a super shoot from Du Wei, Dalian's ACL curse continues~ Shenhua is leading 1-0

20. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    shenhua open the score !!!!!!!!!!!!

21. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Well la-di-da, Dalian has no curse.

Damn Jancker isn't playing. But I'm sure his mere acquisition should pressure Luis.

22. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    1-1

Zou Jie scored after just missed two great chances

23. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Luis is not that bad today

24. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I've always loved Yu Weiliang's goalkeeping style. His defense against Zou Jie was hilarious--running away from the ball and player. :D

25. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    why lyu yunfei isn't in the 11?