Official Crew vs Revs postgame thread [R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Eggy, Sep 28, 2003.

1. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    FVCK the crew...

lets get a WUSA team in here, hell at least they wouldn't choke every fvcking game since they got that whole "gag" reflex thing down after years of practice...

2. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    BTW fid who is the girl in the avatar?

3. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    I don't even have the heart to throw sh1t anymore. Why should I, the Crew have none.

Fcuk this team. Fcuk this season. Fcuk me. I can't even get drunk cause I have to go to work in two hours.

I'm speechless.

4. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Bridget Moynahan

and just one more time...

FUCK THE CREW!!!

i am sick of this crap.

5. johnh00

johnh00 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    CT, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Think they'll work on this in practice this week? I felt bad for Busch - his wall let him down twice. This was made even worse because someone in the Revs wall got way up in the air to block a fk from a similar spot.

Damn, Bill, you thinking of getting a gig as a psychic?

6. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I swear I'm not trolling when I say Busch's wall let him down twice. Busch is a very underrated goalkeeper. Probably the only guy who gets down to the ground faster than Adin.

Bill, even us Revs fans hate our Adrian Healey. He doesn't know the Laws, either.

7. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    No wonder they have to show the game on TV in New England. They all seem to stay at home and watch.

8. Follow Forest

Follow Forest New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    They looked sluggish even when leading 2-0. I never felt this game was in the bag even when we went up 2 (I have a witness).

The only person who looked like he gave a damn and was trying to put energy into the team was Busch. Everybody else looked like a zombie.

9. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kinda glad I had to listen to this one on my grainy at best radio in my basement instead of watching it on television.

Can you get any more pathetic?

Piss away a two-goal lead with a belly flop right into the basement of your division.

Looks like Bill had television, I am eagerly awaiting an analysis of this one, detailed or otherwise (i.e. we suck.).

Or perhaps a look at the timeline might help?
    Pre-Dunseth = suck
    Post-Dunseth pre-Williams = unbeaten streak
    Post-Williams = suck ?

I realize we can't play Dallas all the time, but cripes if Mark can't turn things around the next game we might as well give up on the season and prune the youth for next season.

10. Crew14

Crew14 Member

Apr 11, 2000
    Brunswick
    Hmmm....go to the game against DC or go home for the weekend?

C14

11. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is it, absolutely... no heart. There is no other way to so consistently lose exactly the same way -- with a late game letdown. There is no other explanation.

12. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    go home.

i am now deciding between visiting my fucking grandmother at the nursing home or going to the game. sitting at the funeral home listening to a crazy woman mumble a bunch of stupid shit for a few hours is sounding a lot better than watching the crew and wasting some cash on expensive beer to make the horrible play on the field invisible.

13. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There... no more stupid crap. Surgery has been done.

14. Crew14

Crew14 Member

Apr 11, 2000
    Brunswick
    I was looking forward to giving Hristo and Dema some hell. Oh well, some money for my "Sugar Bowl" fund.

C14

15. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    First, since it's the only thing I can post rationally: The color commentator for FSN New England sure is a whiny guy, isn't he? I've thought that throughout the season catching matches on the Shootout, but watching him tonight cemented it. I can't believe he had the gall to complain that Llamosa is entitled to shout expletives at the official since he's a league veteran. Pure douche.

On Denton's goal, isn't he the one who played the ball through to himself? I thought he was but, since my cat was clawing at me for shouting after Denton's goal, I never replayed the goal. Oh well.

As for the result, the Crew finished that match like a bunch of pansies. Six or so cautions, over twenty fouls, countless dangerous free kick opportunities, piss-poor marking on corners. This team doesn't deserve to qualify for the playoffs, especially after pissing away points like these last two matches. Losing one point at MetroStars was one thing; effectively losing six points tonight is completely different. Pansies.

16. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    True, but WTF were we standing around for! There IS a clock for all to see....The ref basicly decided we were not hustling enough and the REVs were ready. We STOOD around and let the clock run!

17. dAyDreAmEr5

dAyDreAmEr5 New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    i'm a *CaLi GirL*
    maybe if you guys werent so negavitve they would win...at least i am a positive! GO CREW...start cheering and stop complaining!

18. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You chucked mine telling him to go away? Oh well, I guess it was justified.

Ross Paule did pretty well today. Moving up on the flank really did a number.

19. dAyDreAmEr5

dAyDreAmEr5 New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    i'm a *CaLi GirL*
    sure....ya wanna join?

20. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I cannot believe how much we *#*#*#*#ing suck! What a *#*#*#*#ing disgrace.

And what the hell was up with our players passing up on the opportunity for the free kick at the end of the first OT? Did those *#*#*#*#ing morons think the ref was going to let them take all day?

Matteo sucked after he came in for Mais. That was a bad move. West had a pretty nice game. Well, if you don't mind the fact that he failed to score when he was 1v1 on Chewie. And that he didn't bother to jump when he was in the wall for the Revs first goal. But he did look dangerous on offense.

We looked quite effective for the first part of the second half. The Revs were having a tough time keeping possession against our pressure.

Bill, you've never been forced to listen to those Revs announcers before? They are the 2 stupidest *#*#*#ks in the league.

Boy, I sure am glad that we picked up a player with the leadership to keep us from folding at the end of a match.

Sadly, we're still alive for the playoffs. That means I'm going to have to drive all the damn way to Columbus for our game next weekend. Stupid Crew. Just end it already.

21. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    What a bunch of sad sacks....

I caught the last 30 minutes and with the exception of Denton's goal (how'd he get that wide open), the Crew did not exist. Even the bunker game was garbage. I thought the play before Denton's goal was a PK, but from the looks of things, the ref was typical MLS crap.

Three goals for the Revs off set pieces...

nice going....

22. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even though the Crew stink and will probably lose to DC at home in front of a disappointing crowd (for a Saturday) of about 15k - I'll probably still be there just to hurl insults at DC scumbags...

23. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are computers in the state-of-the-art Revolution visitor's locker room. That's Denton typing it himself.

:D

24. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FFis dead on. That jerk griping about how his nationl team experience gives Llamosa the right to bitch at the refs was the dumbest thing I've ever heard a soccer announcer say. Bar none. An idiot.

And I couldn'tagree more - this team ust does t deserve to go to the playoffs.

Now that we can't blame injuries or national team callups, what do we blame now - the stars?

25. Crew14

Crew14 Member

Apr 11, 2000
    Brunswick
    Maybe if they would play with some freakin heart and stop pissing away games we'd be more positive.

C14