Official Crew-F*re PBP & Post-Game Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by CrewToon, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    Bushie's just doesn't have the reach for those balls.

2. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown
    Bushie needs to follow Andrulis out the door.

3. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    Yeah, he is a terrific athlete, but the 6" of reach he lacks cost us that goal.

4. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beasely with a yellow card for a foul on Paule.

57 minute, 2-0 to the Fire.

5. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    We need Jc for Buddle. Edson looks like his hammy is still tender. He's about 1/2 step slow to all the balls.

6. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    JC for Mais and we go to a 3 man front.

Hey! a logical sub early enough to be effective...

7. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is sad.

The Crew attack is so flaccid it makes post-ops look like John Holmes in comparison.

8. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Final sub for the Crew. Paule off for Kyle Martino.

I just dont see the Crew getting a positive result in this match based on what I have seen so far.

9. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    Some pretty potent players, but they don't look in sync...

10. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    30,845 attendance.

11. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thornton with a diving save to deny a McBride header to the near corner. So far, that is the best chance of the second half that I can remember for the Crew.

2-0, Fire

80 minute.

12. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pack the bags, turn out the lights... so long.

Not mathematically, of course... we have a pulse!

13. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You gotta love this ... no sooner is the game over than they run an ad for the McDonald's fry kiosk at CCS, with Crew highlights (remember those?) prominently featuring... Dante Washington!

14. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    Game to the Fire 2-0 and the Crew's chances for the 2nd season now equal Gary Coleman's chance at California Gov. in a recount.

Adios
    Bon Soir
    Ciao

15. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beyond pathetic.

Astonishingly pathetic, ineffective and bland.

My kid actually got mad and went upstairs to watch Spongebob it was that pathetic.

Thank God I'm going out of state for the weekend and can distance myself from this mediocre bullshit.

16. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    We DO suck! ANother unimpressive 2nd half...

17. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we can all agree on this. So you see, this year's Crew season is more about bringing people together than about some crude measure of material achievement like winning games.

18. Easport6

Easport6 New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Oh come on it's not so bad. Rest assured Greg is gone right? Oh well we suck and at least it ends the fans sufferings.

19. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    post-game press conference.

glad i'm not a walt, scott, or grant. they'd probably throw me out for asking "Why the ufck can't you ufcking win??"

meanwhile greg's probably saying some shiite about "we need to step up. we're still alive, but we need to step up and stop making stupid plays."

20. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    You're right! I did feel emotionally uplifted by that game. I think I was channeling Rush Limbaugh - please pass the oxy.

21. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WPOD!

22. TomB

TomB Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Columbus, Ohio USA
    The soccer God's got us again!

23. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    if anyone on this team doesn't deserve to go it is bush. he has kept us in numerous games that we didn't deserve any chance of being in this year...and he is the one guy on the field that shows any emotion at all...hell, we need more guys like bush on the field.

24. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    stuff from those fan chats that thecrew.com did:

columbus is a massive club Greg the hunt for silverware is all important to the fans, will you gaurantee home field for our mob heading into the playoffs?

gandrulis03 Columbus is a massive club, I will leave the guarantee's to Jim Smith and Jeff Cunningham. I will however tell you that home field advantage is one of our goals. And what a great reward that would be for our fans!!!

mn-leesmith This one from Kaiser Kraut in the Forums (not me, man!): What do you have to say to the fans that are calling for your job?

gandrulis03 Leesmith, I won't shoot the messenger! Maybe we shouldn't say "shoot" in response to that question!
    gandrulis03 KaiserKraut, I absolutely take responsibility for we are as a team. It is my job to bring Championships to Columbus. I appreciate your passion and your frustration. We are going to make you proud to be a Crew fan.

RCrew So by your account Mr Smith that the Crew isn't around to win every game, then you mean the Supporters Shield isn't a Crew goal? Why should the Crew fans show up during regular season and not just the playoffs then?

JimSmith2003 Good question. MLS Cup #1 Goal; Open Cup#2 goal; Supporters Shield #3 goal.......

and bailey was right...

Chris_Bailey Jim, if Andrulis continues to not be able to coach us past our injuries, will you promise to do an extensive search for a new coach, instead of once again hiring from within?

JimSmith2003 You are making an assumption that there we will not finish strong. I think we will. At the end of the season we will do an analysis as we do every year in what needs to happen to put us in position to win Cups (plural). You don't do that with 13 games to go , especially if you feel your have the right makeup of players to win the Cup. If we win the Cup, will you ask for a coaching change?

There's just so much material from these chats that you can use against Smith and Andrulis. Sort of like the old "egg on the face" line.

Andrulis Chat

Smith Chat

25. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    exactly. Busch may be a little short, but he has the fire of 1000 pissed off rebel warriors, which certainly makes up for any shortcomings in size.