Official Crew-DC pregame thread [R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by CrewToon, Oct 13, 2003.

1. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    The Crew must win to keep its slim playoff chances alive.

2. musterion

musterion New Member

Feb 28, 2000
    Hilliard, OH USA
    When was the last time we won at RFK ?

And have we ever won there without an own goal ??

Stick a fork in us, we're done.

3. IrishCrew7

IrishCrew7 New Member

Well we all know the Crew couldn't possibly make it any harder on their chances. RFK, MUST WIN, No Buddle, Martino or Akwari! DC will not be playing this game to lose that's for sure! Like Hudson or not that lad can motivate a pile of Sch!te that has baked in the sun for a week and been stepped in! Even if we manage to somehow beat them in RFK lord knows we can't count on ourselves to take care of buisness and KC hasn't exactly been stellar on a consistant basis. It's pretty much over Smithfitzdrulis can take a walk and some players can join him!! GO CREW for what it's worth!

4. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Re: When was the last time we won at RFK ?

Last season we won there 3-1. McBride scored first, Convey answered, McBride answered Convey about one minute later and Perez finished the scoring in the second half.

5. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    It's done boys, I'm afraid that reality is setting in for these lads, I just don't see fighting spirit enough to carry us through. Hudson is a massive manager, he'll have his team up for it, can't say the same about our boss, who has proven he's total rubbish.

6. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    The only reason the Crew will win this weekend is to make us suffer through another week by providing a glimpse of hope.

In a very "exciting" game, the Crew prevails 2-1. And then they face the Fire when it counts, with Greg still on the bench, and... finish pi$$ing the season away. Oops, sorry, that's for the next pre-game thread.

7. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    come on guys, you can do it. I mean if the Revs did it without half our defense, our best duo at forward, and a new kid that only New Englanders and Charlston people know, surely you can beat them. Just rag on them, they hate it (at least Marco did).

8. Tycon5

Tycon5 Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The U.S. U-23 Men's National Team plays Haiti on Wednesday (10/15) in Ft. Lauderdale. I believe everyone will be back and available to play in DC on the 19th.

9. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Face it this team has no bottle, they'll come out and give a half inspired performance. I say we take the first fifteen fans that show up to the stadium, because it's my belief that the lads on this board are more up for fighting for the shirt than the people who are currently wearing it.

10. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    Yeah, but you didn't have a ref who rewarded them with another fake PK. We don't seem to have that luck.

11. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you saying that the NE penalty wasn't warranted?

Not sure how tripping and grabbing someone in the box results in a fake penalty. It's not like Bagley went down trying to buy a PK when the ball was still at his feet. It was an obvious foul. You can even see the fistful of jersey in the DC players hand.

12. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no, he was referring (at least i believe he is) to the last DC game at Gillette where Marco dove in the box and was awarded a PK. This time around we actually had a ref who knew about the game and the antics DC pulls.

13. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe he was referring to the penalty Etcheverry drew against Hejduk to even the match here.

14. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Props to anyone who can convince me to watch this game.

15. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    Guys, without Olsen DCU is reduced to flopping in the box.

But you know that.

Realistically, United can hope for one goal. If they're lucky. (That flopping thing again.) United hasn't won- or tied an afternoon game this year either.

Are you guys then saying that you'll get shutout?

16. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    fixed your post

17. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK fine, how about this:

- The starting lineup will be changed somewhat; the Crew back line will consist of the Hanson Brothers. No, not the "Doo Wop" ones, the "Slap Shot" ones.

- Chad McCarty will be allowed to carry a baseball bat.

- Fouling Marco Etchescary has been declared legal.

- Ray Hudson will be checked into a detox clinic Wednesday morning and brought directly in for the kickoff. He should be babbling and drooling incoherantly and having spastic attacks on the sideline. Not that you'll notice the difference.

- Greg Andrulis has been ordered to wear a little pink tutu and tights.

18. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    I'm trying to listen to the goddamn anthem!

That ALONE would be worth it. I'll tune in, because...basically...I have no life.

19. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Old Time hockey!

20. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    It's nearly unbelievable to me that with hard men like McCarty, Oughton, and now Williams that this team has no bottle.

21. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I don't see how Williams fits into that equation in all honesty. There's a difference between slow, talentless, thug and hard man.

22. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wanna get drunk?

Have a drink everytime:
    • Columbus does something stupid
    • Ty Keough says something idiotic
    • DC flops in the box and there's no PK called
    • Ray Hudson hugs one of his players
    • Fill in the blank

23. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll score in the 30th minute.
    We'll use two of our subs. (defender and d-mid)
    You'll score in the 84th minute.
    We'll use our other sub in the 96th minute. (attacking mid)

24. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    We have a winner! And that was just the latest in a string of such calls we've had throughout the years. Serna in LA is another recent one that comes to mind.

25. Dave Han

Dave Han New Member

May 6, 1999
    Auburn, AL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forgive me for having no sympathy, but when Frankie sticks his leg out in Marco's path and begs him: "Here, fall over this and it's the perefct opportunity - most refs won't think twice about giving a penalty," he's getting what he deserves.

The Crew are always making the desperate lunge or grab or whatever in the box. It's like they all have big signs saying "Wait for me to get into an awkward position, then dive!"