Official Copa Sudamericana Thread: CF America [R]

Discussion in 'Club America' started by Lyrical S., Sep 25, 2007.

1. Johnny619

Johnny619 New Member

May 10, 2003
    USA
    The fact of the matter is that Mexico's participation in the tournament generates a tremendous amount of money for the Conmebol. You actually think that watching The Strongest v Whatever other ************ team would generate as much money as watching Chivas or America play against a team. The truth is that Toyota and all the other sponsors were ready to pull out of sponsoring those tournaments. Why the hell do you think they invite Mexico to these tournaments and then go through all the trouble of fixing the games so that the Mexican clubs will lose? As to your comment of getting the hell out... i agree... Mexican clubs arent getting any better by beating the crap teams from South America who need the ref and the Conmebol to win a freaking title... those teams have no dignity as far as im concerned.

2. rock-star_79

rock-star_79 New Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Milwaukee
    You are having a laugh right. :rolleyes: Kindness, f*ck that, you mean Greed. They needed a way to generate more money its that simple. You may not like our league but you can't deny that it generates alot of money.

Also Mexican teams might not be winning these tournaments but they are almost always in the semifinal or in the finals since they began participating.

3. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

fireEagleCuauhtemoc www.twitter.com/alonsobueno1

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    some of my country man do have the facts wrong, anybody who knows about soccer knows that Conmebol is strong, and it is not thanks to us .watever blah blah its true, i dont know who made that ignorant comment. Samething goes with copa libertadores. But the facts are that the sponsors were ready pull out of Copa Sudamericana rite before the mexican teams started participating. it was a 2 string tournment not as strong as libertadores, that just didn't have the flair that libertadores had. Nissan already had one foot out, from that tournment. but any other ignorant comment towards conmebols history, just makes us look bad.:(

4. commitment#4

commitment#4 Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No big surprise to what happen to America.Pachuca winning last year was a heartbreaker for the southies, if America won,it would be to much for them.It was funny how lame the cops didn't care about that guy running into the field, they protected him so he can get back to the stands.
    Most of the players in Arsenal were saying that they would want to play in Mexico.
    THis type of stuff will continue next year.

5. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california
    Aside from ALL the controversy, the bad play of the Defense by America etc. etc. We and all America fans should still feel PROUD! that they went in there BEAT arsenal in their own turf and well they were 7 mins. away from wining the title. I say HEADS UP to america for having done what most thought was impossible, yes they took a 2-0 lead and for a long time they had the title in their hands.

In the end Arsenal take the title NOT becase they were superior, obviously the final score tells you that! it was a 4-4 draw! they win it because they took advantage of the incredible mistakes by America at Azteca during the first game and in the end they score more goals as the visitor team thats iT!

I think there's alot to learn from this, one that ALL mexican teams MUST take advantage of their HOME games in a final. Pumas tied with boca in CU 2 years ago, Pachuca tied with Colo Colo a year ago and this year America loses their HOME game 3-2 ALL in Sudamericana Finals.

Second thing to learn that for a team to have championship caliber It MUST have at least one TOP NOTCH player at EACH position! America had a great mid. with Insua, a great striker in Cabañas but NOT one great defender!

6. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Just like when that Boca fan attacked El Bofo when Chivas played Boca. The security guy wasn't in any hurry to tackle that guy and kick his ass out of the stadium.

After Arsenal scored the goal, suddenly every player on their squad started acting like someone shot them on the leg. America got screwed when those Sudacas suddenly decided that the away goal did count after the first match ended.

7. Dos Santos

Dos Santos Member

Jun 9, 2007
    So.Cal
    WTF was Davino doing looking at the ball!!!! Three players panicked and didnt want to commit a penal. BUt come on Davino was late to react. They had it.

Did the away goal rule always exist? For sudamericana?

8. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    guys, i also wouldn't stress, because ...we are goin to have more chances to get this title again. Libertadores is next, and why kid ourselfs we know there is going to be a mexican team in atleast semifinalist in any tournment made by the Conmebol, wether its Copa SUda oh libertadores the MFL is just to competitive to not make it to semifinals in each tournment. the last 3 finals were mexican, pumas,pachuca,america. so i say we just move on, and we'll see them next time.its all good.

9. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

yes, just the quesitonable part was, that diregente from Conmebol stated to la directiva(in person) that for this final the away goals weren't going to count, but as soon as arsenal scored in the aztec, they changed there mind and said it counted.

10. Gol Por Gloria

Gol Por Gloria BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2006
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Your defense cost you both games, Vila, Davino, castro and rojas. They all lose there head so easily and selfishly take down the whole team with them, you guys had a sweet chance but the dinousaurs in the back ********ed up for you, I still am dumbfounded on how a guy can score a goal arastrandose while three defenders are on him.

Ochoa deserves better imo.

11. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    bueno pues, en el partido del azteca, the fox sports transmission that was for south america no mexico. one of the argentinan comentators or journalist was talking about the consiparacy that he was seeing in that game, the next day. the conmebal le corto la cabeza, fired.

12. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah like on this years Libertadores, oh wait... that didn't happen.:eek:

13. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california
    whY Kid Ourselfs? WHY NOT? how EASILY and FAST did you forget that YOUR OWN team's directiva decided to go for the Liga last year when it was clearly evident the Libertadores was a MUCH more prestigious cup and one that America had a very good chance to win!

IF we can expect that from Teams like America who is the big fish in the tank financially speaking! what can we expect from other smaller clubs!!!!?:eek:

The only TRUE and DESERVING club out there continues to be PACHUCA!
    More and more will we start to realize how big that title obtained by them last year in this same Sudamericana cup really means!
    As mexican clubs like Pumas, chivas and America last night continue to FAIL to win an international title, that sudamericana title obtained by Pachuca will gain more and more respect and value as years go by.

I dont buy what you're trying to say, until directivos in mexico who are NOT pachuca dont take things seriously, wish to extend Internationally and continue to settle for their LIGUITA titles I dont expect any other mexican club to win another sudamericana any time soon EVEN LESS a Libertadores!

14. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california

This Rule was put into place 3 years ago during the Pumas vs Boca Final, At the time VERY CONTROVERSIAL because it appears that the rule was changed or set only after Boca had scored at CU and the game ended in a 1-1 tie during the Ida game.

Also during that final they changed the Vuelta game to benefit Boca who was also fighting for their league title. That probably threw off the Pumas team as well but its nothing new that Conmebol makes this type of arrangements to benefit their own specially Boca Juniors.

The confusion this time around started when a Fox Sports Argentina commentator said the away goal rule did not apply to this year's final as a tie braker ( which was wrong ) somebody from Mexico must have heard this commentator or gotten feed back from him and not knowing the ruling themselves past this information ON to Televisa, Fox Sports Mexico etc. etc.

The Fox Sports Argentina commentator THEN rectified HIS MISTAKE and verified that indeed the away goal counts as a tie braker but this information came only after Arsenal had tied the game at 1-1. This of course opened up to speculations and because the MAJORITY of the Mexican media did NOT clarify this only until DAYS LATER, This created the soap opera that we of course already know about and heard much about!

Bottom line is FEMEXFUT instead of helping us out like Conmebol does with their own they instead schedule the liguilla right at the time when Copa Sudamericana gets to the final stage. Clearly a mistake on their part and this not only hurts La Liga but also teams competing in Conmebol tournaments.

And finally if the Media in mexico is going to want to support OUR mexican clubs and broadcast these games in their entirety and all through out then you would expect for them to at least KNOW the reglamento to this competitions !!!

15. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A
    mod rafael hernandez is a complete n00b...

" internet police " smh

16. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No the confusion started when the Vice President of Conmebol Eugenio Figueredo said in an interview that away goals didn't count. The media picked it up and we all thought they didn't count both Mexican and Argentine media.

But ces't la vie we lost because Russo decided to hold the result and defend the lead instead of bringing in a midfielder and the defend the lead while having the ball in your possession.

Why depend on the worst part of your game (the defense) to hold out for 20 minutes. You know they were going to go out for the goal. The sub made it possible for more Arsenal players to join in the attack instead of staying back and marking their guy.

17. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am not sure I buy that, I think you're being too harsh on Brailovsky. The way I saw the game, Arsenal was dominating America's defenders and really America was fortunate to be up 2-0, thanks to a couple of shots that hit the goalposts, the great reflexes of Ochoa on several occasions, and some poor finishing by Arsenal.

It is easy to criticize the move in hindsight, because America lost. But I thought at the time it was logical for America to take out a forward who was virtually absent from the game, and put another defender in order to try to control Arsenal's attack, and to keep them from overpowering the defense and creating so many scoring chances.

It would have worked, too, if it wasn't for the fact that three defenders watched as an attacker fell down, got back up, and was given an eternity to shoot from inside the penalty area.

18. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We lost the championship in Azteca.

19. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    When he made the sub, I had the bad feeling we were screwed.

If you look at the best chances Arsenal had in the game especially in the first half, it was mostly due to the defense's mistakes.

First shot Calderon hit the post, it was off Ochoa's mistake. The second time he hit the post it was a bad clearance by Castro he headed it right to him. The third they left Mosquera open in the six yard box (although he was offside). The rest of Arsenal's chances were midrange shots that Ochoa was not going to get beaten from.

So you have a defense who is known for f'king up and you make a sub to add another defender and hold down that lead. If we had a good defense It would have been a logical move to add a defender, but we don't.

Its our Achilles heel.

You are right that Lopez was not doing anything worthy to stay on the field. I was telling some friends of mine that it would be wise to put in More Mosqueda in at that time.

Putting More in midfield would have been more suited to fit America's needs. First you add another body in midfield in order to defend. But to defend farther away from goal; away from a defense that has ill-timed mistakes. It also gave America another option in the retention of the ball. The best defense for America at that time was to retain the ball and play with the desperation of Arsenal.

But Russo thought otherwise, and it cost us.

I still would keep him as coach we improved in the short time he was there. Hopefully los directivos will finally pay attention to what us fans have been saying for years and get some defenders.

20. azulcremaporvida

Jan 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Cantera Defense next season, please.

I've HAD IT with Davino. RETIRE, MOTHERFUCKER. Let Depor have Gringo, for all I care. This poor bastard is worthless on our team. Ricardo Rojas, go back to Chile. Oscar, kill yourself.

Memo? What can I say about Memo? This man has proven himself time and again to being one of the best keepers in the world. He deserved this. He deserved Clausura 2007. He deserved the Club World Cup.

[​IMG]
    I love this man. Really, I do. Not in some gay way, either. Don't cry for this team, Guillermo. You will live out your glory days in Madrid, or Barcelona, or Manchester, another fine club. Hopefully you will come back and retire with us once your best days are behind you.

German Villa, thanks for the memories. Let someone new take your goddamned spot. You're already an idol for all you've given to the team, don't overstay your welcome.

More "More," please. He may have his bad days but all he needs to do is compose himself and he'll be brilliant. Silva is badass and our next true blue Americanista, along with More. Arguello stopped trying after Clausura 2005. Insua's got balls and heart.

Cabanas? I wish he was more consistent, faster, shit, even prettier. He scores pretty goals, though. Lots of them.

Hernan Rodrigo Lopez is the biggest tronco I've ever seen. Honestly, I can't even defend this motherfucker from all the haters. I've never seen anyone more worthless in the Striker position. I want Esqueda over him, or even Santi. I don't even want to see him on the bench anymore.

Has Castroman even scored a goal with us at all?

I can't stand this team anymore. It's officially been an entire YEAR of failure, of getting far and dropping off like faggots because our players let us down. We are among of the finest clubs in the world. It's time we lived up to our hype.

I suppose Brailovsky can stay. I think he genuinely loves America like we do and can manage a team like ours if given the right players. With our current stock, however, all anyone can do is fail.

21. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No mamen se nota que unos no saben nada de futbol.

The luck was on our side last night.

Pinche Insua, cost us or title.

And who ever says it was the defense go fuck yourself!

Brailovsky responded to Arsenal´s substitution and change of strategy.

I feel proud of beign an Americanista.

Refs robbed us. No Injury time no nothing.

At Home the Defense screwed us over. Away Insua costed us.

I wanna see the changes in this off-season. All i Want is Felipe Baloy.

22. azulcremaporvida

Jan 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LS, did you see the goal for Arsenal? That argie piece of shit had his way inside our penalty area SURROUNDED by our players and not one could get the ball off him.

23. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Had Insua put in that shot just 2 minutes earlier, it would of beign a whole different thing que no?

24. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Had Arsenal not blown wide open goals we would have been down 3-1 at half.

How did they get those chances our mistakes

25. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Im sorry LS you are the most closed minded person i have ever seen to you americanistas i wished the best for you guys it would had been great to see a mexican team take the title like many have said before fix the defense and get rid of some of those old guys and the team will be great cheers!!