Official Copa Libertadores Thread: CF America [R]

Discussion in 'Club America' started by Deleted USer, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    i actually thought this was a great plan which was executed well from tena

rested a lot of key players, got a tie and wasn't scored on at home. they should play well against chivas, and should play well against santos in brazil, who i assume will open up more. as someone else said, if caracas could put two past them, i'm sure america can as well, and it will be easier when there won't be 8 players in the box.

2. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california
    Yeah this all looks like a MAGNIFICENT gameplan now!:mad:

Yeah just wait until next wednesday when America gets eliminated by chivas again and THEN they will want to go with all they have for Libertadores IN BRASIL and guess what??? Its not gonna happen and they are going to think back to last nights' game and wonder WHY they WASTED an ENTIRE 90 mins. with more than 80,000 fans and the altitude!!!! :rolleyes:

3. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california
    Ay SI !!! que Bonito, Un abrazo y FELICIDADES por ese GRAN empate que conseguiste en casa! NOMBRE fue una HAZAÑA que pronto estare en Hazaña el deporte ViVe, ya hasta me imagino el titulo : "El America empata a ceros contra brasil en casa, en una gran Hazaña"

Ah en cuanto a lo que dice mi querido AZRIEL, no se si estes enterado pero an echo estudios de lo que corre un jugador en total durante un partido completo y esto es de un partido de la CHAMPIONS !!!! el nivel MAS ALTO que hay en el mundo.

Los estudios dicen que son un promedio de 5 millas por partido entero! Ahora tu dices que NO SE PUEDEN jugar dos partidos consecutivos? no pueden estos profecionales correr 10 MILLAS en dos dias??? pues entonces de que estan echos ???

AH y ahora en Mexico son POCOS los que hacen este desgaste, por lo regular jugadores como Guardado, Cabañas, Castro, Bravo, Medina si corren esas distancias por partido pero LA mAYORIA corren un total de unas 2.5 a 3 millas por partido !!!! NO es cosa del otro mundo para el America y sus jugadores poder jugar 2 o hasta 3 partidos en 5 dias aun y sean 2 consecutivos y aparte podiendo substituir jugadroes y teniendo un cuadro tan grande como el del America.

Yo eh corrido SIN PARAR con subidas y bajadas 26.2 millas en 5 Horas y no me paso NADA! ni me voy a morir por volverlo a hacer~! Y yo no soy ningun atleta profesional ni tampoco tenia una multitud de 80,000 gentes alentandome! Eso todavia hasta te da una energia extra y te da una adrenalida que nisiquiera hace que te sientas cansado, No me vengas con COSITAS a querer justificar a estos monitos como lo hace la prensa y casi todo el mundo en Mexico !!!! Parecen señooritas y no HOMBRES que es lo que deven de demostrar!!

Alguna vez has visto lo fuerte que se trabaja en la construccion? o la pisca ? esos hombres trabajan DURISIMO de mañana a Tarde con el SOL de frente y lo hacen TODOS los dias sin quejarse y ahora sesulta que estos MONITOS DEL AMERICA no se quieren gastar o reventar las medias por jugar dos partidos consecutivos??? POR FAVOR pinche verguenza futbolistica deberican de tener los cabrones, hijos de la chingada!!!

y no estoy TROLLING! no LO DIGO por que sean AMERICANISTAS lo digo EN GENERAL, ASI fuera el mismo MORELIA TAMBIEN LO DIRIA !!!!!!

4. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ahi te van $.75; ve, agarra un telefono y hablare a alguien que le importe.

5. amanzo81

amanzo81 Member

Apr 30, 2003
    home
    Club:
    Club América
    There was nothing wrong with the gameplan for once. The biggest obstacle was to not allow a goal and that was acheived with ease. This is a Libertadores cup, not a one and done setup. America knows the rules and know that a tie down in brazil is managable and will advance them. Aside form Ochoa, some of the starters in last nights game dont even get near the bench for regular games. Whens the last time anyone saw Pena in an america shirt? Its elimination time, now is when teams need to stay calm and play for results. The scoreless tie wednesday is a very managable result.

6. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Puromorelia...

Just stop. you are being a serious ass. quit with the "mediocre" mentality, it gets old--especially coming from a Morelia fan

Just look at the calender....

37 matches just this year alone. THIRTY SEVEN!!!!!! 5 in the last 10 days. FIVE!!!!!

not even the top teams in Europe play the amount of games that we play. This is not an excuse. It is a real factor. Fatigue can (and I presume that it will set in soon) and will take a toll on a teams performance.

America has gone this far without a proper preseason and adequate rest. America was eliminated in last years' semifinal and then had to particpare in the FIFA WCC and then play in the interliga.

I just hope that after the 23rd of this month, America is still alive in one of these tournaments because if America does happen to advance into the MFL finals and Copa Lib. semifinals... for 2 weeks straight, America will have to play a game every other 2-4 days and in one instance, it will have to play on consecutive days.

America, up to date, has been the only team that has been able to manage both tournaments. If you look at the other teams, Cruz Azul, UNAM, Pachuca, Tigres, Chivas, etc failed to advance into the knockout stages of both league and Cup. Toluca and Necaxa had no excuse. They were not participating in League competition.

I want more than anything for America to win the Double, but as I mentioned, not even the best and richest teams in Europe play the amount of games we play at the RATE in which we play them. We are doing this with guys from the youth system.

By mid August of this year, America will be in violation of FIFA statutes regarding the maximum amount of games a club can play in a single calender year.

7. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    quien tiene la culpa de esto? Los Pinches Directivos!! si no existiera el Interliga.... no mamen y todavia la SuperLiga! hahaha

8. Hector_Huerta

Hector_Huerta Member

May 2, 2007
    Espn
    Bola de pendejetez con tal de sacar mas baros

"Como no te voy a querer mi America "

9. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    actually.... we do... the fan.. because they sell, what we buy....

i while back i posted a link given by SUM that 6 out of 10 of FSWE's highest ratings were interliga matches.

10. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    well see this we buy cuz they put it on the counter. i would go see play america. pero estos torneos lo s sacan para ganar dinero los directivos!

11. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california
    The best thing we can do as fans is NOT attend any of this crap Interliga games!!! I mean if they are being televised what is the need to go pay unecessary money that in the end HURTS the league and players.

I will stop talking about the "EXCUSES" they make as to being tired, regardless of how many games they play I still hold my statement HIGH that this is more a MEDIA fabricated issue than the players themselves being tired. They chose this profession, they are prefesionals, they have been doign it since they were little ( 6 - 10 yrs old ) this is not the time for excuses.

Asi sean 50 juegos que se hayan jugado JAMAS se comparara a Europa, aya si se corre y se gastan los jugadores no como en Mexico que cuando quieren corren y cuando no hay se la llevan trotando, apoco corrieron mucho Anoche los dos chivas y america? POR FAVOR ! eso no fue nada en comparasion al otro partido que estaban jugando simultaneamente Boca Y LIbertad de paraguya, ahi SI se estaba corriendo CON TODO no como el clasico que es mas HYPE que nada:rolleyes:

Yo no digo que no se cansen, el jugar es cansado y los viajes que tienen que hacer tambien pero no me gusta cuando las televisoras empiezan a justificar y EXAGERAR algo que no LO es. Cuando va aprender la gente a no dejarse llevar tanto por lo que la television les dice??? You dont think FOOTBALL players PLAY with PAIN every sunday?? of course they do!!! but you know what there's no excuses IT IS WHAT IT IS !!! deal with it and shut da F%^ UP!!! ( and Im refering mainly to the media ) Players havent even said anything in regards to being tired.

12. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    y aqui quien esta diciendo eso?

no mas estamos dejando claro que es cabron jugar 2 juegos en dos dias!

el preparador fisico se merece mucho merito!

y porque quieren siempre compara a mexico con europa? y lo digo en diferencias y igualdades!

el Futbol de Mexico es de mexico solamente!

13. Brailovsky

Brailovsky New Member

Jan 8, 2006
    around the world...
    siempre lo he dicho...los directivos hacen las cosas con las nalgas...

14. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América
    Wow what a breakthrough you guys have made, directivos make decisions based of profit :eek:

15. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América
    Interliga and Superliga need to ********ing go.

I personally will NOT be going to any of those games!!!:mad:

******** SUM they control our national team and now our club teams (mainly because they want to help the MLS grow).:rolleyes:

16. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Puromorelia

It is ridiculous what you are saying. Muscle cramps, spasms, contractures due to extensive and vigorous physical activity is not "media" fabricated. It is a natural occurance in the body. Fatigue is related to declining glycogen levels. I strongly suggest you open up a book or schedule an appointment with a nutriotionist/physical trainer/physician and talk to them about the effects. You are going against 60+ years of sports medicine research. I suggest you even consult FIFA's MARCS (Medical Assesment and Research Center) studies on nutrition, fatigue, etc to further educate yourself on the effects of time, rest, etc.

There is even a reason why alot of FIFA's execs want most first division leagues with 16 clubs. Eventhough they are looking at it from a financial standpoint, they are right that the less tired a team is--in theory the better spectacle it is.

You only see the final product (2 hours). You do not see the two 2-6 hour training sessions that occur each day. You do not see the travel accomodations.

---------------------------------------------

As far as your comment regarding the tempo between Libertad and Boca and/or Europe---spare me Jose Ramon III :rolleyes:

The Mexican league has a faster tempo than virtually every South American league, including the Argentine league. I am not saying this---it is the foreigners that are.

--------------------------------------------

im glad you have run a Marathon.... however.... you do not train everyday 2-6 hours, you do not travel as much... nor is someone constantly hitting you, body checking you, or tackling you... which further causes more fatigue.....

Again... in al seriousness... stop with the Tony Robbin lectures... aside that you are seriously misinformed... you are being an ass...

this is your first warning... you are nothing but a troll

17. Manoro3

Manoro3 Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Los Ángeles
    Exactly. I'd like to see Manchester United and Chelsea play the FA Cup final in Chiapas at 3pm and see how much of that famous tempo they can display.

Travel distance matters too. It's over a 4000 mile trip from Guadalajara or DF to Buenos Aires. English-French-German-Dutch-Spanish-Italian clubs don't even travel a quarter of that when they have to play each other. Then you multiply that for the round trip and the difference is even bigger.

That has a big impact over the course of a congested schedule.

18. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I was calculating how many miles America has flown this year...ssssssss just in a 5 month period, they have flown 52,750 miles.

That calculation is based on cities being measures in a stright line. That is not taking into consideration layovers and other stops. I would be willing to be you could add another 4000-8000 miles just on layovers in different South American cities.

Just in domestic league play, they have flown around 4,500 miles. You are right about the Chelseas and Barzas... The best teams in Europe are closer to one another. Just by glancing at Barza's 2007 schedule.... they dont even come close to what we have traveled.... add Copa del Rey, League, and Champions league..... not even close.

dont forget to add the 14000 roundtrip trip to Japan during late December..... its quite a load....

I am not making excuses... I hope America can go all the way.....

my respects to America's nutrionist and their personal trainers because up to date, they have done a fantastic job. We have had players injured and they have been able to get them back on track fast

19. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california
    This one is almost comic, seriously did you EVEN bother to watch the Boca/Libertad game? I didnt think so, i happened to be going back and forth between that game and the clasico and it was like watching slow motion versus regular play but im not going to go deeper into that, i will just be wasting my time when you only like what you know about!

The Mexican league may be played at a faster tempo than that of Costa Rica, El salvador, Honduras but really they are just evenly played with those of Colombia, Chile and Ecuador but I watch every sunday both games from la liga de mexico and brasilian and Argentina league games and they play much tougher, faster and it is quite different. I have YET to hear one foreigner conocedor de futbol say anything about the Mexican league being a faster tempo. Ocassionally or i should say RARELY do you see a game like that Chivas vs America ( 3-3 ) at azteca a few years back, or Pachuca vs CHivas, or that Atlas vs America but really and with all honesty they are VERY RARE!
    --------------------------------------------
    As i said this in a previous post if this was MORELIA themselves playing two games in 2 days and saying they were too tired i would say the same exact things I am saying here in regard to the America players, call it throlling, call it what you want, This is a forum to express your opinions fairly and Im letting mine be heard como dije antes LE PESE A QUIEN LE PESE!

You dont think i know people who work 2 jobs and then go and play for one amateur team on saturday and then wake up the next day on sunday and go play another league? and trust me ive seen them hurt, bleeding from what cleats can do but theyre back at work on monday and playing again on saturday and sunday, and then you have these profesionals who have all the training,ALL the care in the world under top facilities and with personal nutritionists and honestly the LAST thing i wanna hear is an excuse about them being tired or NOT been able to play 2 games in consecutive days. They are being asked to do this ONCE in their lifetime NOT every week.

And you say they go through body tackles, kicks, and all that extra stuff but still I AM NOT impressed! Most are touchie feely fouls that they over react on almost every damn play. I have an amazing uncle named Fernando who i have great respect for and he does construction for a livng, Roofin to be exact and he has NOT missed a day of work for the last 12 years, six days a week from 5 AM to 6 PM sometimes longer than that with the heat in his face all day and having to work on high buildings and most likely risking his life MOST of the time and NOT ONCE have I heard the man complain about being TIRED or fatigued or not wanting to go to work. And then you have these professionals being asked to play 2 consecutive games most likely in their lifetime and the media starts treating them like poor fatigued babies? Por favor that is one thing that irritates me and gets me really HOT !!!

I can take ANYTHING, from any subject or discussion here such as the one we had a while back regarding that Morelia vs America semifinal from 1988 and other debates and im fine discussing. ill give you your place and accept that you are going to stand for what you believe just like im going to stand for my beliefs BUT for you to try to excuse some FUTBOL player acting like a SEÑORITA! and then try to call me a TROLL for voicing my opinion when I see people busting their ass working onthe fields on my way to work EVERYDAY and have family members who BUST their ********ken ass and brake their fukcen back is something i wiLL not TOLERATE and I will not EXCUSE!!!!! YOu can go ahead and excuse them ALL you want BUT NOT ME!:mad:

20. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    One of the things not mentioned in the conversation of how many games are being played and the comparison against say the European leagues is that they don't play liguilla's. They therefore have mid week to play the European Cups and the weekends to play league games. I am surprised that FIFA still would allow a team to play a game on consecutive nights. I believe there was a situation a couple of years ago where a Colombian team had both a Libertadores and liguilla game on the same night. As long as we have liguilla's, we are going to have situations where teams could be playing 4 games in 8 days. I am not necessarily saying get rid of the playoff system, but it does contribute to the scheduling challenges that leagues with the playoffs enounter.

One more thought on the Libertadores in general is that it would be nice for it to run parallel with the Champions League so that it runs over a course of 9 months instead of 6. This would alleviate some of the scheduling problems that teams are enountering. Unfortunately, in order to do so, FIFA would (in my opinion) have to get rid of the Winter transfer window. It's not fair for a team to lose half the team in transfers in the middle of a tournament. Or if they do sign them, they can't play until June or until after their current team is eliminated from the tournament.

21. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    Ditto el pedo aqui es que no tiene la culpa el indio si no el que lo hace compadre...........

22. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Do I have to watch that particular match to assess the rhytm and tempo of those teams and leagues?

I have seen those particular teams and their league NUMEROUS times to have a proper assessment of their style of play, their tempo.

Source: Soccermania (Semana del 15 al 21 de Enero 2007; Año 6 No. 3)

"...veia algunos equipos como Chivas, America, Cruz Azul, los grandes, me di cuenta que es un futbol que se corre mucho, pero me voy a adapter." - Hernan Encina (Argentino - Rosario Central)

Why would he have to "adapt" if he is used to a league that acording to you is faster pace?

"Por lo que tuve oportunidad de captar del futbol Mexicano me di cuenta que es un futbol rapido. .....mi di cuenta que los equipos les interesa mas atacar que conservar un resultado.." - Fernando Ortiz (Argentino - Estudiantes de la Plata)

He notices that teams in the MFL are more interested in attacking (moving the ball, opening the lanes, more spaces, etc) than playing for the result (conservative, less spaces, less running).

"..me ha tocado enfrentar a equipos Mexicanos a nivel internacional, son cuadros duros que juegan bien al futbol." - Eduardo Coudet (Argentino - Rosario Central)

The only thing you have said that is correct is that it is different.

I just wrote what the Argentines had to say about the league. I did not include what the Paraguayans, the Peruvians, the Chileans etc had to say. To them, our league is night and day with respects to tempo, money, etc

I can pretty much go back to see what Guille, Erviti, Chitiva, Mosquera, etc all had to say about the league before every playing one minite and all of them have said the same thing, but just in different ways.

It is obvious then you do not read up on new faces. Before the start of each season, Soccermania and/or Futbol Total show a list of all the new foreigners coming into the league and basically interview them and give a little bio. I suggest you read up.

You do realize that you are watching the "main event" when you tune in to the Argie league via FSWE.

You have to understand the monopoly TyC has within the AFA. Terrestial TV in Argentina rarely shows the "big" teams. FSWE, who use TyC feeds only show you the "main event". You dont see the Godoy Cruz v Arsenal match or Quilmes v Lanus match or Nueva Chicago v Belgrano match.

You really want to compare the physical and nutrional demands of a weekend warrior to that of a professional?

How one dimensional are you?

2-4 games per week for an extended period of time (5 months to be extact) is a factor

You are going against more than 60 years of advanced sports medical research. I hardly doubt you have any valuable insight to disprove current research that suggest that players under extensive, constant, and vigorous physical activity are more prone to succumb to fatigue and/or injury.

You entire argument lacks reason and subtance. Honestly, pick

Again... its the overload that has accumulated over the past 5 months that have people concerned---NOT just this week alone? Again, how one dimensional are you?

What was there to debate? The statutes were written, ratified before the season and every club president/representive signed the dotted line. The fact that a referee was unaware of the tiebreaking rules doesnt and shouldnt incriminate a team. There was no malice on America's part. The referee got what was coming and was suspended for a lengthy period of time.

Again, that debate is closed because the facts prevail, not your opinions

what I believe? I do not believe in anything on principality alone. I believe what I know to be true and that truth comes from evidence and proof.

The physical demands are quite different.

An elite athlete (soccer play to be more exact) burns more calories during a regular 4-hr training session than a day laborer during an 8 hour work day.

I suggest you stop being one dimensional. Everything you have offered and stated is based on your own personal experiences as use it as the norm.

I have given you statements, facts, etc.

If you want to keep discussing this issue, fine but otherwise bring factual insight--not your own personal experiences because quite frankly... no one cares about it. We dont care about marathons, roofers, etc.

Stop trolling

23. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You know why I like having LMvCP around?

He can match essay for essay any numbnut that wants to debate about America.

He floods the other guys with a whole bunch of facts. Then the other guy usually falls under one of the following categories.

- the guy keeps arguing even if he has no real basis for his ideas and just digs himself into a bigger hole.
    - the guys falls victim of boredom after reading the long posts that he just simply gives up.
    - Or if the guy is beating LMvCP in the debate, LMvCP brilliantly skews the argument in his favor and they both end up debating something that is totally irrelevant to the original discussion.

At this point I'm thinking Puromorelia is in category 1.

Now do us all a favor Puro and quit.

Because you have got LMvCP started and we all know that

Resistance is futile at this point in time.

This post was brought to you by fellow members who do not want a long winded argument that leads to all of us telling both of you to STFU.

Thank you

24. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california

The fact that my favorite team is Morelia does not mean that is all I know about and that is the only thing i am allowed to discuss or talk about, what makes you so special that you seem to think you are the only one who is allowed to discuss America issues? Do you happen to reign this forum or thread just because you are a supporter of America? NOONE else can come in here and state an opinion? These are PUBLIC boards and I as a MEXICAN can go into any forum I please as long as I am NOT directly insulting ANYONE can talk about any freakin team i please and ANY regarding issue I please to talk about just like you can go into the Morelia forum and voice your opinions whenever you please.

Am i going to be banned from coming into the America forum just because MR LMVCP does not agree with what I have to say in the forum? If it bothers you so much and the best thing you can come out with is accusing people of trolling why dont you just make an EXCLUSIVE " Lmvcp America" thread where EVERYONE can agree with your thoughts and solute you and look up to you and idolize you and we will leave you alone with your thoughts and the rest of your followers!!!

Haaa HAAa you accuse me of trolling? you sound like one of those 6 year old kids throwin a fit over some candy bar or something.

Before you acuse me of being a troll check yourself first ! I still remember some of the STUPIDEST threads ive ever seen on these boards such as " I HOPE MEXICO LOSES ALL GAMES IN THE WORLD CUP " Does that ring a bell??? ;)

25. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia