Official Copa Libertadores Thread: CF America [R]

Discussion in 'Club America' started by Deleted USer, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    you know what americanista? I agree with you.
    I think it would really suck for you guys to loose against us, BUT...wouldn't it be better to loose against us, but win the libertadores? ... I mean you guys would be the first team to win it, but I guess Tena is a lil scared and at the end if he doesn't do something, He'll be left without both tournaments

2. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i ask you how so?

Look at it this way homie, we have just cornered Santos. any tie, other than a 0-0, over there qualifies us to Semis!

3. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid

How the hell can you expect them to play TWO GAMES IN A ROW? Maybe two in a week is another thing, maybe even with one days rest, BUT TWO GAMES IN A ROW IS IMPOSSIBLE.

4. Hector_Huerta

Hector_Huerta Member

May 2, 2007
    Espn
    Let's not blamE Tena now, like in the past. I for once can say I was not upset on Tena's strategy and don't need to complain like in the past with his tactical coaching moves. Santos all throughout the game and Lux's main strategy was to hold back and play a conservative game which in the end can haunt them with not scoring a goal. The goal differential can be crucial and its ashame we couldn't win the game , but hey they didn't score a goal so thats also an advantage . Even though the game was boring as hell in the 1st half , it was smart of Tena's and seemed to have the attack for the 30 minutes on the 2nd half. The team lacked tremendously a forward which in the 2nd half made a big difference with Cuah and Cabanas , but the Santos marking and their conservative play made it less passable to score.

Santos its obvious took a chance and are planning to win the game at home. All we need to do is go to Brazil and get a tie or even better go for the win. If we want to be Libertadores champs we have to get favorable results away from home if not were not worthy of being champs.

Also something to look at , the team will be somewhat fresh tomorrow against Chivas , and can very well say Tene made the right moves.

5. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california
    Ay por favor mi querido Azriel no me hagas reir!!!!! alguna vez as visto el futbol mexicano??? no es como si los jugadores juegan a todo lo que dan por 90 mins. es mas muchas veces NO corren TROTAN!! no es de extrañar que haya tanto viejo aun en nuestro futbol como el mismisimo ruzo peña que jugo esta noche. Bueno SEGUN jugo porque mas de 3 pelotas no toco en toda la noche!

Mira en Inglaterra, en casi toda europa alomejor SI dos juegos consecutivos son muchos PERO un juego de Libertadores y otro de la liga Mexicana no son Nada del otro mundo! nada que un profesional no pueda aguantar!

6. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california
    I couldnt summ it up any better! ;) what a lack of respect for the more than 80, 000 people who showed up today at Azteca! In the entire game they had but maybe 3 shots on goal!!! :eek:

Unbelievable!!!!

7. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    Apesta a troll este lugar, digo cuando alguien le va al morelia, al morelia!!! creo que verguenza le tendria que dar el siquiera aparecerse por aca, cuando ese equipillo pedorro no juega nada.........y Tena hizo lo que tenia que hacer, jugar con suplentes un juego y en el otro con titulares, escogio jugar con suplentes este y no fue un buen resultado pero tampoco es como para que se aparescan por aqui los trolls........

8. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The trolls come out even when we don't lose.

We had Ruso Peña and Carlos Infante out there and we still tied.

Under the circumstances the team played as best as they possibly could.

Sure we would all have wanted the win but the result isn't killer.

Caracas scored 2 on Santos in Brazil and if they had a better defense they would have come out on top in that series.

America is capable of beating Santos in Brazil heck all they need really is a 1-1 tie.

9. Hector_Huerta

Hector_Huerta Member

May 2, 2007
    Espn
    Siempre tienen que haber gente rigoristas para todo. Nunca nadie queda bien. Que dejen de chingar los Anti Americniastas en nuestro foro. Mis aguilas jugaron muy aburido pero aceptable en tomar en consideracion las circumstancias y el juego de manana contra los Chivos.

Santos no metio gol y eso nos pone en ventaja con tomar en consideracion el global

10. azulcremaporvida

Jan 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah, like Panfilo said, we played almost exclusively with a B squad and still tied.

11. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Christ people like I said in the other thread do not troll the Club America forum.

12. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Y eso que estan calmados.

Antes chingaban mas.

13. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    Yeah other than Ochoa and the 3 subs it was a B team, so americanistas just chill, if we don't win tomorrow then we can set troy on fire, but not tonight.....

14. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    True, but it's boring having to repeat myself.

15. Hector_Huerta

Hector_Huerta Member

May 2, 2007
    Espn
    Also very smart of Tena's part to use Cuah , Cabanas and Santiago only for 30 minutes. This will not hamper our game tomorrow night. Allin all happy with the teams performance.

16. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mira quien habla, says the fan from a team that plays one tournament all the time, and most of the time cant even qualify for the playoffs. Must suck for you to watch that were still playing while your players and enjoying their "hard earned" money taking the sun.

Like i said, y si sabes leer, DOS JUEGOS SEGUIDOS, EN DOS DIAS? Dime en donde has visto eso? Dices Europa, va. Liga y Champions. Juegos de Liga entre semana. Juegos de Champions entre semana. Esta esta bien, yo nunca dije que estaba mal! Ahi todo bien, pero cuando tienes que jugar 3 putos juegos en una semana, 2 de ellos CONSECUTIVOS, es por pura pvta logica que tienes que dejar uno. :rolleyes:

17. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Azriel it's an old saying but it's best not to feed a troll.

18. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A
    What do they eat ??

19. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    responses from the regulars.

20. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    they will be there tomorrow!

21. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Wouldn't it be better for America (or any other team) to place more importance on the Libertadores Cup then the local league championship?

22. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Maybe America don't think they can win the Copa.

23. Brailovsky

Brailovsky New Member

Jan 8, 2006
    around the world...
    well, but remeber...this is America....we have to win everything, otherwise....the media, the antis, and Americanistas will complain if they only go for one tournament...and the rival in the liguilla is "las cabras de guadalajara"

24. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    well then they better win one of these competitions.

25. el Rafaa

el Rafaa Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Somewhere in MA
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    good game by America, i didn't think the game was boring. Both teams played well, it went back and forth :)