Official Copa Libertadores Thread: CF America [R]

Discussion in 'Club America' started by Deleted USer, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    THIS THREAD IS FOR FANS WHO WANT TO DISCUSS THE TEAM, THE PLAYERS, & THEIR RIVALS.

NO TROLLING, NO SPAMMING, NO WR

-----------------------------------------------------

CALENDAR

PRELIMINARY STAGE

América vs. Sporting Cristal (Perú) 24 de Jan de 2007
    Sporting Cristal (Perú) vs. América 31 de Jan de 2007

GROUP STAGES*

El Nacional (Ecuador) vs. América* 20 de Feb de 2007
    América vs. Libertad (Paraguay)* 1 de Mar de 2007
    América vs. Banfield (Argentina)* 7 de Mar de 2007
    Banfield (Argentina) vs. América* 21 de Apr de 2007
    Libertad (Paraguay) vs. América* 11 de Apr de 2007
    América vs. El Nacional (Ecuador)* 18 de Apr de 2007

* If America advances past the preliminary stages

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROSTER

GK Erick Guillermo Delgado Vásquez
    GK Johnny Vegas

DF Norberto Carlos Araujo López
    DF Walter Vílchez
    DF Amílton Prado Barrón
    DF Jersson Vásquez Shapiama
    DF Javier Salazar Tejada
    DF Giuliano Santiago Portilla Castillo

MF Jorge Antonio Soto Gómez
    MF Carlos Marczuk Bogler
    MF Carlos Augusto Lobatón Espejo
    MF Henry Colán Díaz
    MF César Carlos Casas Medrano
    MF David Soria Yoshinari
    MF Rainer Torres Salas
    MF Damián Ísmodes Saravia

FW Luis Alberto Bonnet García
    FW Gustavo Enrique Vassallo Ferrari
    FW Federico Arias Vigna
    FW Ysrael Zúñiga

------------------------------------------------------------

2. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: Official Copa Libertadores Thread: CF America

Sorry, I had posted Alianza Lima's roster.

-------------------------------------

from the current SC roster, I only recognize Delgado (GK) and Soto (MF). Delgado was the starting GK from that game Mexico and Peru played in 2003. Soto played with San Luis a while back.

3. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

esa lista es del 2006 ya no estan ysrael zuñiga que juego en inglaterra, ni gustavo vasallo ahora en la U, y el argentino arias se regreso a arg

la volante estabien cambiada y al defensa tambien, por cierto vendimos a vlichez a CRUZ AZUL y rodriguez a SPORTING DE BRAGA en Portugal, y aruajo el central o volante tapon se fue a ecuador

4. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América

CF? I always thought that looked strange, Club America looks better to me for some reason haha.

Well I honestly didn't want them in this thing because I think they are going to end up losing on both fronts :(

5. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América

we got Bilos now.

6. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América

So what? I mean he's not even that good. We should give chances to young players instead of just taking the easy way out. I know it's an important year because we're going to compete in a lot of stuff, but next season I wouldn't mind if we don't do good in the league and instead give a couple of young kids some needed experience.
    How bad could it be? We placed 3rd in the league and we had a crappy team with a dumbass for a coach.

LGRod repped this.
  7. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América

^^^ yo no dije nada cabron. nomas dije ke ya tenemos a bilos. no dije "oh ya tenemos a bilos es chingon"

Y no te me pongas al brinco cabron:mad: te crees muy mexicano y con to username "Eduardinho" mejor ponle eduardo y ya cabron.

8. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América

What do you guys think our chances are of beating Sporting Cristal??? I dont really know much about them. Hopefully we can beat them.

9. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América

LOL calmate la chingona.

LGRod repped this.
  10. Brailovsky

Brailovsky New Member

Jan 8, 2006
    around the world...

No se vayan a romper las medias!!! jejeje

Si les ganamos al sporting cristal.....por que? por que tienennn y punto~!!

11. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california

is this the Bilos that played for banfield and then Boca i believe? IF it is the guy has great size and presence on the attack, it could be an interesting pickup for America in the long run.

I think its fundamental that they first concentrate on this first game at home against crystal. It will be key for them to get a good lead on their way back to peru for the 2nd game. The team honestly did not show its best futbol during Interliga but Blanco has carried the team in his shoulders. Although alot of people are jumping on Cabañas i truly believe his best futbol with club America is ahead of him, I remember players like DelPinho in Atlas or even Piojo Lopez when he first came to America also went through a very tough process of adapting to the team, the pressure and the difference it makes coming from a south american region to suddenly having to play in Mexico City where the altitude is such a big change for a player. Of course this in the case of America.

I like their chances to advance and get that 3rd spot Representing Mexico in Libertadores. They maynot be playing that well and will be backing up into this Tournament but if they obtain that which is the ultimate goal evrything else in these past few months will be forgotten! Once IN Libertadores I truly believe the level of their players will pickup and as a team they have no other way to go but Uphill from what theyve shown as of late. You honestly cant play any worst,at least thats my believe. Also down the line you can make a few other acquisitions or get refuerzos as you get into the later rounds which should also help the team.

IMO it will be much easier for a team like America to improve because the pressure or expectations suddenly are not as high as theyve been before, on the other hand teams like Toluca who have been displaying such high level at the International competition have higher expectations, teams will play them much tougher and the pressure will only mount as they atempt to advance and get far in this tournament, not to mention theyve lost key players as well.

I like both America and Necaxa's chances to represent us well this year but First we need America to get in the door which they should considering how bad Perubian teams have been doing in these type tournaments as of late.

12. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california

sO its been decided America will be playing in Estadio Nemezio Dies de Toluca their first leg match against Crystal from Peru! This due to the suspension America still has during that riot at Azteca against Sao Caetano back in 2004

This makes it even more important for America to take a good lead heading back to Peru but outside of Azteca they havent fared very well, playing at the Coliseum they got a 3-3 tie and at Azul they were embarased by Velez losing 2-0 in a game that was particularly remembered for its low attendance. Hopefully it will be different this time around and they can start fresh for the group competition once In Libertadores where they can start playing their home games at Azteca

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=520301&s=mex&type=story

Also the Ecuadorian Saritama has been taken as a refuerzo by America which i think is a great adquisition, with mosqueda out for the next 15 days he can give a lift to the team at mid-forward and feed balls to the other upcoming refuerzo Bilos. Saritama showed alot of very interesting things with tigres but kind of went under the shadow because of the horrible season by tigres as a whole but he was indeed one of the few bright spots.

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=520269&s=mex&type=story

13. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

How much longer is the suspension?

14. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california

it was a 3 game suspension so this should be the final game played outside of Azteca. The first game of the suspension was that game against NAcional de Colombia played at the LA coliseum, the 2nd one was against Velez from the sudamericana which they played at Estadio Azul in mexico. And so this one at the Nemesio Diez against Crystal from Peru should complete the 3 game suspension.

15. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

If Cuau plays like he has been playing. We win.

What am I saying.

Its a Peruvian team.

We win regardless.

16. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria

I read that Tena said they are probably not expecting a soldout in Toluca's stadium.

Who's idea was to play there anyways? Cauh Stadium in Puebla is much better and bigger capacity and for sure would of been soldout.

17. ЯR

ЯR New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Morocco

si juegan con todo llegan lejos

18. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003

10 minutes into the game and Cuauhtemoc is playing out of his mind. I dont know what he did over the short offseason, but the Cuau we have seen this year is playing like his old self of 2002. He looks to be in really good shape.

19. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria

Man is Cabanas on fire, all those people who bashed him..psshh.

I really like how America is moving the ball, problem with the field may be the factor why alot of one touch passes are failing, surely if this was Azteca SC would of been finished by 1st half.

Cervantes just keep proving himself more and more why he should a starter.
    Bilos and Saritama still in Cancun conditioning themself or what?
    I thought More had some weeks to go before returning back the field, if gets sub in and how America has comfortable lead, its a going to be a fun game.

20. mex_barça08

mex_barça08 New Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Austin, Tx

:) great style of play shown during the first half........man is el témoc a bad ass player or what!??!! :)

3-0.......... min 50

21. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003

unbelievable, what a goal by cuau.

22. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003

Hahaha, Cuauh's fancy play is making a mockery out of this "team" and they are getting pissed.

23. oslomocx2

oslomocx2 New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Que te importa?

4-0... no more words needed.

24. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Lets not put too much weight into this game.

Its only a Peruvian team.

25. oslomocx2

oslomocx2 New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Que te importa?

True, yet it does work to lift the spirit of the team, and the fans.:)