Official Confederations Cup Thread

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Fabio Grosso 2006, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fabio Grosso 2006

Fabio Grosso 2006 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 2, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Not reacting to the cZech game but we all know how we fare in friendlies/games that dont mean much. Im expecting a first round exit. Draw or loss with Mexico in game 1 imo.

2. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Italy will play a friendly game against Haiti on Tuesday 11 in Brazil, São Januário.

3. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Some things to take into consideration:

-This is a meaningless tournament
    -Players are tired from the club season and they don't care about said tournament

I hope i'm wrong, i'd like to see our team play 100% regardless of the match/tournament but that's never the case.

4. vincep5

vincep5 Member

Jun 19, 2005
    Yeah they also seemed unmotivated vs Czech republic.
    Will prandelli sit balotelli out because of his code of conduct rule?

He should try going back to a 433.

5. Fabio Grosso 2006

Sep 2, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Agreed. Italy wont give a shit imo. And I dont blame them. Its a meaningless tournament at least for us. The likes of Cameroon, USA, Japan, Australia have made the final of this event. Mexico even won it. Granted it is an 8 team tournament but these teams do stuff all at the world cup bar the odd occasion. Brazil has been beaten by the likes of Australia, Mexico and Cameroon at the confed and even been knocked out in the group. I said it means jack and people started to cry and go on about how it means a lot:eek:

Italy haters. So lame with their jealousy.

6. metallicaband

metallicaband Member

Jun 11, 2004
    I want to see more 3-5-2 please, this is the perfect opportunity to test it out more.

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  7. vincep5

vincep5 Member

Jun 19, 2005
    So what happens if they play like crap. At least Lippi blamed it on introducing new players. He then relied on the old guys and we know what happened the next year.
    If these guys are going to be on the WC squad then they should show how well they can play together. If they really don't care then they should field serie b players

forza venti repped this.
  8. gummy-bear83

gummy-bear83 Member

May 24, 2010
    Piombino, Tuscany.
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    not to forget that Spain lost 2-0 to Usa in the 2009 semifinal...

9. Fabio Grosso 2006

Sep 2, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan

Testing new players out? What a load of crap. Everyone was pissed off because he stuck with the same old players as 2006 bar Monto, Rossi and Chiellini.

10. Fabio Grosso 2006

Sep 2, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Verrrati, Insigne should be in the squad for the world cup.

11. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    Those rules only apply if you are white.

If we go out in the first round Prandelli should not be allowed to return to Italy. I am god damned tired of people using 'its only a friendly' as an excuse for Italy playing like shit. Brasil is not is this damn tournament to have fun! They are in it, to win it! Instead, I am already hearing crap from other Italian fans that these games don't matter. I am beginning to think that these apathetic attitudes are just a smokescreen for a lack of confidence that this team can succeed.

12. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Prandelli is the best thing that happened to Italy national team.

all other previous coaches had the players and the names but failed to do shit. barely scraping by with ties and narrow wins. Those Italy squads of 1990-2004 should've won something. Prandelli has turned things for the better. More fluid, offensive minded team. And the Euro success speaks for it all.

forza venti and Sempre repped this.
  13. Fabio Grosso 2006

Sep 2, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    youre a racist. A troll. Brazil is Brazil we are Italy and historically dont five a shit about friendlies. Not a smoke screen for lack of confidence, just speaking the truth. We can succeed and have, confed cup like friendlies everyone knows that more than likely we are going to do pathetic like vs Haiti this morning.

I feel sorry for your marder.

14. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    I would hardly call a spirit crushing/record-setting loss in the finals a Euro a success, but I agree that those Italian teams should have won more. We has to golden chances to be the winning-est team ever at Italia 90 and USA 94 and did not capitalize. This world cup, a special one, in Brasil of all places represents a chance to avenge those defeats. That is why I am always on Prandelli's case. After the last Euro's I don't want Brasil 2014 to go down in the record books as another failed opportunity.

15. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i dont wanna start this argument with u but that final was nothing but a fluke and bad luck. he had a wasted sub after the 1st goal and had an injury in 55th min and was forced to play 10 men. IF he had all 11 the game woulda ended 2-0 at worst...they were still in it. If u wanna be childish and keep saying that then go ahead, u will just lose more people on ur side who just skip thru your posts like i do. Game 1 was a real indication of Italy vs. Spain, enough said.

16. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    Intelligence levels sure have dropped in this forum since Cyclonis was kicked out.

Racist? I hardly think pointing out Prandelli's obvious hypocrisy qualifies as racism. Prandelli kicked out De Rossi for a few games for something he did at club level. Meanwhile Balotelli practically gets into a fist fight with Mancini and does whatever he wants and never gets banned for discipline. If anyone is a ********en racist it all those ********en tools that thought Balotelli was going to be the shit just b/c he is black before they even saw him play. What ignorant scum!

You could argue that Prandelli excludes Balotelli from this rule due to not having anyone of equal talent, but that would require you having some frontal brain lobe activity.

If you really think we can't beat Mexico and Japan, friendly or not, and are still in favor of having Prandelli afterwards, you are even a bigger tool than I thought.

FORZA NAPOLI <3 repped this.
  17. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I agree to a certain level. Prandelli sometimes makes decisions that has every Italian soccer fan shaking their heads, this weird love he has with Gilardino and Giaccherini needs to stop, they don't belong on the NT. His failure to effectively rotate players last year during the Euro ultimately led to our embarrassing loss at the final. The formation he keeps using does not work, we need to be at a 3-5-2 why does he not see this? Anyway that's my beef with Prandelli

18. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    Well Prandelli has a chance to avenge that defeat now, so lets not hear about how this is a friendly. The Confederations Cup is an officially sanctioned FIFA tournament and as such, we should be in it to win it.

19. gummy-bear83

gummy-bear83 Member

May 24, 2010
    Piombino, Tuscany.
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No! because if we beat Spain, everobody will say:"Spain did't take it seriously!" I remind you that Spain lost 2-0 against USA in the 2009 Conf cup semifinal.
    Brazil lost 1-0 to Cameroon in the 2003 edition.

20. gummy-bear83

gummy-bear83 Member

May 24, 2010
    Piombino, Tuscany.
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We are lucky, Mexico is struggling, they got two straight 0-0 against Panama and Costa Rica.

21. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    Guess Prandelli is just going to have to win the World Cup in Brasil as well just to prove it was not a fluke.

22. Balotelli Massive

Jul 5, 2012
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Mexico is playing like cacca on their home turf. Italy should be able to take them out with ease.

Also - Scrop is a dildo

forza_azzurri repped this.
  23. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That is every coach on the planet. You're not gonna ever find that perfect coach that picks the plaeyrs that everyone likes. Go check every other national team and tell me they dont have beef with their coach. I dont like some of his choices either but he's doing the right thing. Its the mentallity that he brings to the team that needs to continue.

As far as not playing 3-5-2 in reallity u need 2 BEAST of a wingers in that formation. Which italy doesnt really have that at the moment.

totti fan repped this.
  24. BtownKj

BtownKj Member

Italy
    Jul 15, 2006
    South Korea
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I know we havent been playing the greatest, and that we normally dont care much in frienlies, but after watching mexico play last night, I see no reason for us to not come out and dominate the game. No draw. We will take the W. I personally think Mexico depends to much on cheech.

25. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i dont know whats going on with Mexico...they were on a rise for a while and looked to be their golden generation, especially after winning that youth world cup and the olympics. But lately they have been terrible. I mean to tie 4 times in world cup qualifiers in your first 5 games is crazy. They're lucky the other teams in the group arent really doing much so they're still in it.