Official coaching staff and player roster thread

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by fdp, Nov 8, 2003.

1. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    I did not post a city or team name since neither have been finalized yet.

One thing we do know is that the team will strive to have a Pan-Latino style flair.

What coach do you think Vergara will bring on board to accomplish this?

What players from either side of the border and abroad will be brought in.

Post your predictions (and as things eventually become finalized) findings here.

2. MLS3

MLS3 Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Pac NW
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2 to 3 current Chivas players will be brought over, most likely at least one of them will be a "big" named player...

Antonio "Chivas" Martinez, currently on the Galaxy, Chivas is his favorite team, he doesn't get PT for LA and sigi (if hes around next season) isn't impressed with him...he's the only player right now I'm CERTAIN will be with Chivas USA....

3. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    5 NAMES were given today to take the job with galaxy of MLS

steve sampson (now with CR)
    A. Guimaraes (now with cartago en CR) I think
    yayo De latorre (former chivas coach)
    romano (argie Now with Morelia)
    Cuellar (mex Nats woman coach )

they also mention that from there chivas USA will make possible offers.

4. NICDT Coach

NICDT Coach Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Cd'A, Idaho
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This may be true, maybe not, but I think the real question here is this: If Chivas USA really wants him, will LA play hardball? Or will they give him up with relative ease?

5. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    please no MLS rejects. If those players are not good enough to cut in in their current MLS teams then they are not good enough to play for Chivas.. I much rather try my luck with young talent..

6. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I posted this somewhere else a while back, but I wonder if Martin Vasquez might be involved with Chivas SD in some way or another, as a coach or assistant.

He is a dual citizen, played professionally in Mexico before coming to MLS, played for USNT (also had 10 caps for Mexico in meaningless friendlies), now lives in San Diego, roots for both US and Mexico.

7. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    What about Arturo Torres of LA? You might get Burciaga and Paco Gomez of KC. Ramiro Corrales of SJ? Orlando Perez of the Fire? Danny Hernandez back from Necaxa?

---------------------Rimando------------------------
    ---------------------Burciaga------------------------
    ---------Hernandez----------Perez----------------
    ------------Gomez---------Corrales---------------
    -----Torres---------IMPORT-----------Martinez
    ----------IMPORT-------------IMPORT

As for coaches, I think I read somewhere that Guimaraes was fired. True? If so, he'd be available, but his style may be a little manic for the more controlled Mexican game.

I'm also confused by how many Dutch and Serbian coaches manage to either adopt or create the so-called "Latin" style in the Mexican league.

Of course, the Mexican League and Argentine Leagues are night and day--there is no common Latin style. In the LMF, it's all about triangles, passing into space, one-touch thru-balls and chips around the box.

In Argentina, the one-touch pass has been outlawed. ;)

8. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Please expand?

Thanks in advance.

:)

9. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    now is 2 touch....before the long ball!

10. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    bump for whimp!

11. Dynamo Salem

Dynamo Salem New Member

Nov 25, 2003
    Salem, OR
    LA will play hardball. All the teams will play hardball. When MLS expanded last time for Chicago and Maimi the current MLS teams had a waiver draft. Chicago basically won the championship on the other team's cast-offs (and three excellent players from eastern Europe).

If I'm LA's GM or coach and I know Chivas is looking primarily at hispanic players, why should I waive Martinez or any other hispanic. Why give Chivas a gift when I can trade later for a consession of some kind.

Chivas is going to need a coach and GM who are very familiar with US players and are hard nosed negotiators. Regardless, Chivas will need 8 US citizens on the field at all times. My guess is they will get no starters from a waiver draft, they will have to bargain from every single MLS starter.

12. stopper4

stopper4 Member

Jan 24, 2000
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chivas USA should get ex Galaxy assistant and current US Youth Assistant Ralph Perez to coach.

13. Crewmudgeon

Crewmudgeon Member+

Sep 3, 1999
    Crewdom
    Bora! Bora! Bora!

14. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    PLAYERS LIKE THIS IS WHAT VERGARA IS TALKING ABOUT:

información sobre Luis Gonzales Gallaguer, 24 años, peruano nacionalizado norteamericano y que en la víspera fuera anunciado sorpresivamente como el nuevo refuerzo de Sporting Cristal para la presente temporada e inscrito incluso en la lista de 25 jugadores habilitados para la Copa Libertadores de América.

TRANSLATE: luis gonzalez Gallaguer, will join sporting cristal for copa libertadores, peruvian with dual citizenship, USA resident and citizen at 24 yr of age. (ala carlos Llamosa, from palmira, Valle)

[​IMG]

15. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    funny picture

not one of those players is luchi Gonzales ;)

16. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
  17. Pique

Pique New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Great thread Futbol de Primera!

It's too late today, but maybe tomorrow I'll have a list of possible players

18. Pique

Pique New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Los Angeles

19. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    The only MLS player i have heard Vergara mention is Memo Gonzalez..

20. Pique

Pique New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Do you remember what he said about him?

Interestingly enough, he is the only player in my starting 11 I have yet to seen play.

21. Pique

Pique New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
  22. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lets follow the same rules they used at the last expansion, :

each MLS team will be able to protect a number of players ( their best 8 to 11,not sure) making available something like 40-60 players available to the two expansion teams to pick from.
    if you are LA's coach you will protect your best players and if Martinez is not one of them you will make him available for the expansion draft or you may loose another player and take a chance. The players not drafted will be returned to the club. Only then the negotiations start.

Its really not that a difficult process, its all fun and games, the success of the team very much will depend on the GM/coach pickings

23. Pique

Pique New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I disagree. I dont think teams will protect their best players. LA for instance.
    Best players:
    1.Ruiz(SI)
    2.Herzog(SI)
    3.Kirovski(sp?)
    4.Califf
    5.Moreno(SI)

IMO LA should not protect a single one of these players(maybe Califf)
    Chivas USA will use the "SI" with Mexican League players. Kirovski is good but he probably makes too much money and I dont see Chivas USA wasting that kind of money on a non-mexican :eek:

I would expect LA to protect:
    1.Chivas Martinez(I know he's in Spain, but I think the Galaxy still own his rights)
    2.Memo(Look at the VS post above)
    3.Suarez(He looked pretty good on Sunday)

This is considering only chivas USA joins, if another team joins then this would not apply.

Edit: I forgot about Arturo Torres, he should be in Chivas USA as well.

24. Magi-Raistlin

Magi-Raistlin New Member

Sep 26, 2003
    SC
    Well, say hypothetically, LA or any other team doesn't protect their nonhispanic players because they figure: Hell they won't select Kirovski because he's straight up Gringo. Then, Chivas USA, opts to select kirovski and now they can trade Kirovski to some team for what ever Spanish player that team might want and draft picks to boot. I'm sure there are many teams that would love to have Kirovski. This causes teams to protect "honestly."

25. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Orlando Ramirez of Fresno Pacific and the Fresno Fuego (PDL) would be an excellent player for Chivas USA to look into. He was born in 1983 and has been one of the best players in the PDL the last two years. In 2003 was a 1st team NAIA All-American at Fresno Pacific. Orlando's dad coached Fresno Pacific to runners up in the NAIA that year.

On his bio, he lists Chivas as his favorite team. American born.