OFFICIAL Club Bolivar Thread - News - And any other Babble

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Bolivianfuego, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    If we get the 6 points we would end up with 10 points, then hope that Boca loses their next game against Racing (they would end up with 9 if they beat Cali in their last game) So either way we'll know if we even have a chance after the next game.

Deportivo Cali tied both games at home against Racing and Boca Jrs. Both better teams than our, so it wont be easy to win.

dreyx2000 repped this.
  2. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Yup. We're pretty much screwed.

3. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    If Boca were to lose, we have not other choice but to win against Cali. The only upside is that Racing would probably not give it their all against us since they'd have already qualified.

If Boca wins, Racing would still have 8pts but their goal differential would be reduced (they are currently at +5). With that result, even if we tie against Cali, we would have 5pts and still have a shot (a LONG one) when playing Racing in the final game at home (our gd is currently at 0).

The key is beating Cali. If we do that, we control our own destiny. In any case, we'll know the outcome of Boca vs Racing before the game against Cali. I would have wanted it the other way so that Bolivar plays for the win and doesn't even have "tying gives us a chance" in their minds.

4. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    So...go Boca?

5. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    hehe... I don't know dude. Go Boca y que sea una Goleada would be ideal! If they tie, we have not choice but win against Cali as well. So...Beat Cali!

6. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    So... we managed a tie in Colombia to the surprise of everyone! We only need to beat Racing by a 2 goal difference to advance to the next stage! I hear we're playing with Subs our next Liga game to save our players.

7. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    ONLY?

Only need to beat them by 2 goal difference?

I think that will be really hard! Impossible? Nope. Hard? Hell yeah!

8. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This was the funniest game I've ever seen. Both sides played like bumbling athletes, more on the side of Cali.
    This game alone should be the reason why Insua needs to go; any other team would have easily won this game. The fact that we almost lost should speak volumes to the organization. Winning by 2 at home is possible but they need to score the 1st one quick and they need to score 3 goals because I don't think Racing will be shut out.

Bolivianfuego and dreyx2000 repped this.
  9. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    And judging by prior games, that is really going to be a challenge!

10. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  11. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This is the worst I seen Bolivar in a long time... We've lost the chance to even fight for the Pre-Libertadores 2017... Hopefully there are some big changes this summer and the players have time to rest and recover for next season and Copa Sudamericana.

12. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bolivar wins 3-0 in La Paz to beat Concepcion of Chile in the two leg series.

With the win that takes them to take on the Copa Libertadores champs Atletico Nacional of Colombia....which is not good lol. The key with them would be to make sure we at least get 1 goal in Colombia and hope they go to La Paz with a half team and beat them.

All of Ssouth America would be expecting us to not only lose, but to get murdered. If we could come away with a respectable loss I'd be happy. A win over the Copa Lib champs in the two game series? I'd be over the moon...but we'll see.....

13. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Honestly i don't think Nacional would be THAT hard. Boca should ve won the libertadores!

14. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Boca should have won the Libertadores??? Sorry, but i strongly Disagree.. Boca got outclassed by IDV in both legs.. IDV was far superior

nanoGVSP repped this.
  15. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I agree with Fafaco. Boca made so many silly mistakes in the Libertadores, they got lucky to go as far as they did.

I don't disagree though that Nacional are as tough. If this was the Copa Libertadores, maybe but now they're mostly playing substitutes. That said, they've still got plenty of depth and aren't scared of playing in the altitude. I wish you luck and I hope you win so Huancayo don't have an impossible task :D

Good luck!

fafaco repped this.
  16. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It'll be a tough game to try and get through in Colombia. 1-1 in La Paz was killer.

17. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree.....I am just hoping it's not a massacre.

nanoGVSP repped this.
  18. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I like the new coach, if he had more time Bolivar would be a better team... Let's hope for the best.

19. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Si Callejón is leaving to go to some Arab country it seems.