OFFICIAL Club Bolivar Thread - News - And any other Babble

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Bolivianfuego, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bolivar did that to themselves. They had a chance to win it but lost like hell 5-2 in La Paz prior to the Nacional de Potosi.

2. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Even prior to that they also lost AT HOME against Ciclon! Who loses to Ciclon at home?!?!?

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  3. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I believe Villegas said if they don't win the championship he'd resign.

I am hoping he sticks by his word because this team didn't exude confidence like they have in the past......

We need to cahnge things before we head into the Libertadores. We're the team to watch every year from Bolivia...we have to be ready and have a coach that's capable.

Hoyos FYI is also available and is a free agent. I have to wonder if he's on the short list to take over and wouldn't cost as much this time around....

4. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I would be OK w Hoyos, although i'd much rather have Simeone! [emoji16]

5. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Wouldn't we all.......

6. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I saw the goals, Zampiery came back to bite Bolivar in the a$$. There is a good core in Bolivar, just need a couple of adjustments. Good to see a small team win it once in a while.

7. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  8. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Bruce Arena :thumbsup:

9. Danail

Danail New Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Hola Bolivar fans!

As Bolivar starts Clausura on 17h of January against Oriente Petrolero, does anyone knows how can I get a tickets for this match? On the official site they are selling only Abonaments for whole season - http://clubbolivar.com/es/cliente/abonos and no single tickets. I will be shortly in La Paz so need it just for 1 match.

Also, does anyone knows the full program for Bolivar matchets in 2016 Clausura? On their website appears only next 5 games - http://clubbolivar.com/es/cliente/partidos but not for whole season... In all other places only the First round is displayed - http://www.worldfootball.net/competition/bol-liga-profesional/

Thanks in advance

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Walk up the day prior and buy it at the stadium.

Not sure on the matches. If you're on twitter, I would try to send them a tweet.

11. Danail

Danail New Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Do you think there will be available tickets at the day before?

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I don't see why not.

13. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
  14. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    I expected more from Villegas. I have a feeling Claure will be going Argentine this time around.

I want to ask what happened to Azkargota, but I'm sure if I use the search feature, I'll find it. Bolivar is about to lose BEn to a Brazilian club. That's a tough one to replace.

I don't see why Claure doesn't splurge a little. This guy is richer then Donald Trump. I'm happy he fixed the books and is running things smoothly; but would be nice to see a few recognizable names come in. We're about to lose a key player to our line up to a Brazilian Club.

DANAIL, these games don't sell out much. Walk up should be fine. Have a Saltena!

15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Because--he's smart. He splurged though with Hoyos. That was a 'out of his pocket' hire.

When he took on this team, his goal was to make it 'surviving on its own money'. Essentially, he wants it to run off of the own money it earns...which as we know isn't always the case especially wtih the likse of owners like Abramovich at Chelsea or the Saudis that own Man City.

He HAS the money...but also is responsible.

He did get that Argentine Insua to coach us who has a pretty mixed bag of coaching higher level clubs with mixeds uccess.

As for what happened with Bigoton, it came out in the papers. He left because he didn't like the way the club was being run with Claure being the essential boss even though he's not there day to day. He claims that Loayza does nothing or has no real power and it's Marcelo who makes all the calls, not him despite being pres.

Although he didnt mention it, I hear the real asshole is Claure's brother, Martin. He's the real 'headache' over there. Take that as you wish, as it's from folks close to the club I know.

MADPUPPY repped this.
  16. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    It's never enough for me and the typical fan. Never.

Ruben Dario Insua will have all the freaking resources available to train these guys. I hope he pans out. Insua knows he won't get many opportunities to coach a "storied" team if he doesn't.

Damn does Bolivar have a hard group.

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Insua sounds to me like an 'Hoyos' hire. He will get us to play a 4-3-3, is into attacking at all costs.

They say he's going to get refuerzos for the libertadores very soon...but is taking his time to make sure they're a good fit and not a 'knee jerk' buy.

We'll see...but so far, I am happy with him and how he handles himself.

18. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    He deserves an opportunity

19. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He's name has been thrown around the last couple years now. It's nice to finally see it happen and find out what he's all about. Our Libertadores group is very tough, but I think we can have a decent performance if he clicks with the players.

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Right. A change in coach is always a good thing. Look at Chelsea. It's clear Villegas hit a wall and was only going to go downhill. Tenorio now out too, they have money to spend on some decent reinforcements. Not to mention Lizio signing with Botafogo...more money.

21. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This is the first name ringing for Insua's players. This guy seems quality. Played for Pachuca of Mexico, Ecuadorian.

dreyx2000 repped this.
  22. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    He seems to have a powerful kick. In La Paz that will only be magnified.

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yep! That thinner air, easier to let it fly!

24. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    #1024 Bolivianfuego, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    OK...here's the next OFFICIAL move outside of Bejarano.

Some videos.

This is only a couple of months old.

This one's a COUPLE of years old.

Edit: After watching, hes not going to be a KILLER goal scorer, but a 'back to goal' big man forward who will feed those around him and finish also when in the box, especially on headers or where he can drift and find himself open.

Good signing for a '9' in the 4-3-3. Think David Villa kinda/Palermo like as far as his size and style goes.

25. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hopefully he is able to adjust quick, given the limited time and his age (turns 33 on 1-21-16)