OFFICIAL Club Bolivar Thread - News - And any other Babble

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Bolivianfuego, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I don't think their spirit is gone, the real capitán is Flores. They're on the semifinal for Libertadores!!! Have no doubt they're gonna play their hearts out when the time comes. They all know this is an opportunity that only comes once in a lifetime.

I don't disagree with you tho, they could've reached a deal way before the break, not just with Ferreira but with all that are in limbo right now. Also Eguinos pass is only 200k... They should buy it, or maybe a % of it! There is no much time to be looking for replacements!

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You guys hear Claure's side?

3. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    So we may just try and get him back for the the Semi-final.

Thoughts?

4. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Why teeter-totter with the idea of maybe bringing Ferreira in. It's time to move on, get whoever the forward will be, which I hope is Pedriel. You get the player now and not wait til the last minute to make that decision. Lets assume they keep Pedriel, Azkargorta needs to see his value and put him training with the first team NOW. Claure seems intent in getting things done sooner rather than later and the issue with Ferreira should be closed.

dreyx2000 repped this.
  5. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I don't think the mexican team will agree to that. With that said it is true that every single season he had a foot out the door, always looking to the get out of Bolivar, so it really should be no surprise. Case closed.

6. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bolivars administration is showing how naive they are. First of all it should have never gotten to the point where 4 or five of your key players are not under contract as you make a push in Libertadores, they should have seen it coming and prepared accordingly. If you are going to agree to let your coach run the national team for almost 3 weeks then at the very least leave all matters settled! Second of all they have a snow balls chance in hell that the Mexican team agrees to let Ferreira play Libertadores.
    Now I've seen reports that Arce might go as well. I won't be surprised if he does.
    Bolivar needs to open the wallet and pay up. buy out Eguino, sign Cap de villa the two years he wants and offer good money to Arce, keep Pedriel and sign another forward who plays similar to Ferreira( that may be where the real big money is spent).

7. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree on Azkargota, all they keep saying is "we're waiting for our coach to return to make decisions..." WTF!!?? Seriously this chance only comes once every 30 years for us!! They need to get their heads out of their asses!

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We found Ferreira's replacement:

And here's footage--granted it's from 6 years ago...but I'd imagine his strengths are stil the same. With him, heading is key along wtih crosses. Given our game of playing through the wings, I am sure he can be a good lone forward. I remember him at his best, was pretty fast. I just hope he arrives in great shape to continue the 'pressing' that Willy did.

9. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    As long as he is in shape I'm ok with it cuz he was beast back in the day, At least he wont have trouble with altitude! but I hope he's the only player we get that's over 30! cuz we have quite a few already...

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think he's a short term signing.

I have no doubt he'll pay off though. I am sure we're paying him a pretty penny and I am sure it is probably only for this tournament/end of the year.

He's old, and reminds me of Valentierra who was past his prime but still brought class to our team when he came. I think Tenorio will do the same for us at forward.

Eber1990 repped this.
  11. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  12. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    now that's more promising! :cool:

dreyx2000 repped this.
  13. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm not sure this two guys will add up to Ferreira, the problem is there really is no learning curve. Right off the bat we start Libertadores, both these guys best be ready to give their all and play with Huevos from jump. Glad to see many of the guys are back!

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Azkargorta is working on setting up frinedlies--but lets hope it's some argie sides to get us a better feel tahn any old bolivian side.

15. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We have about a week left till the game and I don't think there is a clear cut starting lineup yet. Bolivar is being cheap with Quinones, paying him like a child. He might be out of the lineup. Yeserote is back, but is he 100% on that knee( I don't know how well he did against strongest ). Flores is still a question mark , and do we really want to start Rodas and Tenorio Together? I don't think those guys have proven themselves yet, now we depend on them. Anyone have a gander as to who Bigoton will start?

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He had simple Meniscus surgery where they cut out a chunk that was giving him problems (I will need this soon). He should have no knee issues, but the problem is mostly on Fitness as that's what's important.

I have no idea at this point who starts. It's all up in the air really..

17. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I hope at least they can settle the problem with Quiñonez and get the back line set. If they do that then the same guys will be there and that's a big plus. Going to play at the new Gasometro I expect a defensive minded team so Miranda and Flores? Or Chaves if he's good to go. Too many question marks, all I know is they better be ready for a all out assault the first 20 min, once they settle then Bolivar can start to play their game. I imagine in the next few days we'll have an idea what Bigoton got in mind.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  18. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm sure they'll have to give him a raise, specially with all the media attention he's been getting these past few days. Also I don't see what the problem is, he's offering to extend his contract for another two years! (until 2018) He's no doubt the best Bolivian keeper right now. AND They're most likely going to sell him at the end of the year anyway...

19. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I have a feeling he'll want Ferreira money. For a GK, that may not be worth it...but it is what it is. It's understandable.

20. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Like ALWAYS, CONMEBOL #$#$^$$#@##@@! with us!

WTF!!! These CSF/Conmebol guys are so dirty and corrupt!

nanoGVSP repped this.
  21. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Am I hearing and reading correctly?

The argi midget got red carded in his last game against Cruzeiro for smacking M3, rendering him ineligible for the Bolivar game but that has now been overturned by CONMEBOL and he'll be playing. How the hell does that make any damn sense, what am I missing?

dreyx2000 repped this.
  22. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Very true, how is it possible that one team can have the rules changed for them. We all know full well that had this been Bolivar it would not happen for us, they would uphold the suspension end of story. This makes me think that it's only the start, now we play against San Lorenzo and the Conmebol ( referees ). I'm glad to see Bolivar standing up for themselves and calling out this crooks, hope it bears fruit although I'm not confident about that. Hope we can go there and come away with a point at least.

dreyx2000 repped this.
  23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Is Grondona still the president of Conmebol?

24. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Im not sure Quinonez is in a position to negotiate. He was looking pretty big last night. No doubt he is a very talented keeper

nanoGVSP repped this.
  25. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Not only did he look " plumb" last night, he came out to catch butterflies a couple of times. He was lucky they didn't have the skill to stick the ball in the net. He doesn't look like he's ready for San Lorenzo IMO.