OFFICIAL Club Bolivar Thread - News - And any other Babble

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Bolivianfuego, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Lizio will probably sent on loan to Argentina again. He;s good though, and I'd love tro see him stay....but I doubt it.

2. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    http://www.la-razon.com/marcas/Pedriel-debe-ir-tiempo_0_1980401974.html
    I'm glad Pedriel is finally confirmed, I think him and El conejo are going to be great together. Same article says that Cabrera, the Pareguayan center back has offers from teams abroad, and that Lizio could take his place if he goes. I would rather keep Cabrera, he's a good defender who can make a big difference in Libertadores, plus Bolivar already has plenty of options in attack. It would be great to have Lizio, but not if Cabrera has to go.

3. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yeah, I would rather keep Cabrera and get rid of either Moya or Ferriera but that is not likely to happen. I'm still not sure what set Moya apart, sure he is secure, but really doesn't offer much than that . Also, if Soria plans on using a 3-5-2 , 4-4-2 variant , Where is Moya going to play?

4. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Moya plays as a wing back

5. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I fear that a lot of our guys may be leaving next season: Cardozo, Quiñones, Arce, Pedriel are very likely to leave. If we do decent on Libertadores some of our young guys can raise interest from south American teams like Arrascaita, Justiniano Maygua and Suarez. Also more experienced players like Rodriguez and Gutierrez. On top of that our foreign players already have a foot out the door, Ferreira always has good offers, I hear they want him in Colombia, Cabrera already got good offers this season but stayed for Libertadores, Callejon is definitely leaving. Capdevila and Moya could stay, but both are quite old. (I wouldn't keep Moya). Arguello most likely wants out with no playing time, although if Quiñones leaves he could stay.

I'm being quite pessimistic here, obviously I'm sure (especially) the young players have long contracts that tie them for a good while. but if good offers come you never know... the point is we could be in trouble next season.

6. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I highly doubt so many players will leave. I think Cardozo could if he does well, but then again the injuries he has had will make it tough for a team to pay what he is worth to Bolivar. Quiñonez is not ready to go IMO. Ferreira could also go, it seems like he wants to go, always claiming he has offers, at least Suarez who has talent can finally get on the field. If Pedriel leaves Bolivar will make some money because if I'm correct he's signed for a year, with that hopefully pay Arce to stay. Arrascaita needs to go ASAP, he has potential that can not be reached staying in Bolivar. Maygua, jaustniano IMO will stay. they don't see enough action to warrant any offers yet, if other players leave they'll get more playing time, otherwise the same thing that happened with Valverde could happen. I would hope Bolivar would pay Rodriguez and Gutierez to stay. About the foreign players the only one I would't want to loose is Callejon, you are right he will probably go, but hopefully Bolivar gets something out of it. IMO Bolivar wont loose players unless they go abroad, so it won't be that bad because it's not easy for our players to leave Bolivia.

7. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Pedriel only signed for half a year I believe, Arce's contract expires in June. All foreign players contracts expire in June too. plus lets say Cardozo and Arrascaita (to good for our league tbh), that's 10 players that could very likely be leaving. I'm not saying they all are, but lets say 6 or 7 do, that's quite a change, considering most of them are starters.

8. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    don't lose sleep over it eber1990. I put money down that none of them leave. Bolivians are not good bargaining chips in futbol right now.

9. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    nanoGVSP repped this.
  10. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    It'll be interesting to see how you cholis do in Libertadores. I can't say I'm too confident you guys will advance. Firing your coach was a total foot bullet.

11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Nil0--why don't you understand lol
    He left on his own because he had a chance to coach in brasil through mutual connections from his Real Madrid days

He left on his own...and essentially screwed us. If he got fired he would have left and continued to get paid. It was mutual. He's earning more now and has a Brasilian team at his helm

12. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  13. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    As it turns out, it is!

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I would have loved to get the Hoyos but Bigoton is good too.

15. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think it'll be great for bolivar. what they need is motivation, they have a great squad for our league, and decent squad to try and surprise some teams in Libertadores. Azkargorta brings just that. Plus he has an eye for young talented players, not to mention the know how to develop them. All that being said, what about the national team? We got games coming against important teams, we can't afford to start a new process now.

16. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Wow! Bigoton!!!

17. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    and that's how the big boys play.

Dustyvinyl, sergtp and dreyx2000 repped this.
  18. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Now if only we can play like that against Leon in mexico in a couple of weeks........

19. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Mexico has always proven a tough place for us to pull points.

We did it in 06 or 07 though at Toluca's at altitude stadium winning 2-1.....it's always possible.

20. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    So has Brazil though...

21. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    How has Pedriel been doing in Bolivar? Anybody know? Looking like a potential starter for la sele?

22. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Wow.what a game! Our line has discipriiine
    I have seen a side of ferriera that maybe i have neglected to notice before. He was the assist for both goals although he missed an easy one
    I also hope that Rodriguez is okay as well because he came down painfully.

He's still trying to gel with the team. So the service has been getting better

Saltenya94 repped this.
  23. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Im sure Pedriel will atleast get a call, considering Azkargota will be the DT against Spain and Greece :p

vivabolivar and dreyx2000 repped this.
  24. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We neen Pedriel in la sele. Playing in Turkey is a tough task, is almost a combination of german and english futbol. He made several goals and was a starter for half the games i think. You can tell how strong he is holding the defenders and brushing them off.

dreyx2000 repped this.
  25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I actually think Spain is more comparable with Turkey's play.

But I do agree--Pedriel has put on a lot of muscle and can play the perfect CF with his back to goal bringing down long passes. He's good with his feet, plays very tough, and will probably be on euro' or mexican teams radar with his recent goal.

sergtp repped this.