OFFICIAL Club Bolivar Thread - News - And any other Babble

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Bolivianfuego, Jul 14, 2010.

1. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think they need to get serious about this, lets face it even if he plays it'll just be a publicity stunt. How much can he really contribute futbolwise? Not currently playing, to show up for only Libertadores games? I'd rather have someone who will contribute day in and out. I think Claure is looking at the bussiness end of it, not what"ll happen on the pitch.

2. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I for one wouldnt mind...it is a great commercial move....think about it: more teams will hear of Bolivar, meaning more teams will look at Bolivar players! (Often among the best in Bolivia)

3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This makes perfect sense. And if you don't think he can walk on and contribute right away...I take it you didn't follow him when he was 'washed up' and played amazing for Milan, or the same when he was at PSG.

I would play him where flores/CDM plays.

He can pass it across the field 60+ yards to your foot from anywhere. He's good defensively, and his positioning is great as is his touch. He's a little slow...but so are we.

4. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Let's be serious, there is no way he's coming to Bolivar. He retired on a high note winning the French tittle and playing pretty well still. I don't think he'll risk it coming to Bolivia to only play one or two games that probably won't even be in La Paz. He has no need.

5. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Eber...dont underestimate the power of $$$...and IF they are about to be business partners, then its probable that they arrenge for that. Also, if im right and it is for the business aspect of it, then it most likely would be in la paz (i dont think bolivar gets any of the $ from ticket sales in away games).

6. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I doubt he plays in La Paz. He will play away in Mexico and Brasil if he does play....that's my opinion tho.

7. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Why would that make sense for Bolivar though?

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Gets the country notoriety, support too away from home to the stadiums rooting for Beckham's team.
    Plus, Bolivar will be on all the newspapers in england and most of europe when becks plays in South America, expanding our reach and being better known in outside of SOuth America...without having to win a libertadores.

It works out....it's free marketing essentially.

9. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Plus playing in La Paz for La Libertadores the stadium is usually full anyway... and even if it wasn't $100k for a full stadium is not going to be enough to pay him. I rather he doesn't come, because if he plays that means Cardozo is gonna be on the bench, and Arrascaita prolly wont even be in the roster for the game. (with Capdevilla there too)

PS: Portugal is out! Crazy!! I hope Soria stays as DT until at least the end of the season, bringing anyone else would be a mistake IMO. Soria knows the team well and we've reached our best with him in 2004 on the final of Copa Sudamericana.

10. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You make a good point, all this could very well happen, but to what end? Would this exposure be a stepping stone to something else, or does it end there? I think that's what the suits in Bolivar need to think about.

11. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    What happened Cholis? choked?

And what's up with boss Claure dropping the axe on Portugal. Merry Christmas, Coldblooded.jpg

Seems to have a quick trigger finger with the pink slips. I think it was a mistake to cut him right before Libertadores. Morale will suffer.

I'm predicting a face palm for the cholis in Libertadores.

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    They said it was mutual. I think Portugal wanted to go, and used that loss as an excuse. If he didn't want to...he wouldn't have given up the remaining salary on his contract to get out of it.

It's not Claure....but Portugal who left.

As far as who's next, there's a rumor swirling that we're after Baldi' since he hasnt officially signed on as DT of San Jose. I am down for that. For now, Old Man Soria is the DT....who actually is an amazing coach.

Eitherway, this doesn't bother me.

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Just as I said, and as I suspected...Portugal resigned himself to take on a new challange at Atletico Paranense in Brasil. He'll get paid better, so leaving now was his best option. Screws us....but we'll see. I am hopeful that we'll be OK.

[​IMG]

There's talks of a Peruvian Victor Rivera to take over as our 'foreign' coach. I personally rather get Baldi' by FAR

14. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I would have been fine if Portugal stayed since we are so close to international games.

And Vladimir Soria is interim coach atm

15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Wasn't our call. Portugal wanted out. Now we're left scrambling

16. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Fuego, where are you getting your info saying Portugal wanted out. Source?

He got canned, stop drinking the blue kool aide and super lols at Portugal ending up at Paranaense and you guys getting Rivera with a little over a month to go before Libertadores kicks off.

17. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It seems to me that some Bolivar officials weren't very happy with the team not winning the clausura. Fans were ready to pounce on the coach after. I thought it was more on the players to not have won. I dont know if Portugal wanted out or a decision was made by Bolivar

18. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm not sure if he quit or was let go. It's ironic that the team he is rumored to be talking to is also linked with Beckham, is this guy offering his services in all of South America? Lol
    Also I can't wait to see if Portugal pulls the same rotation non sense with the starting line up as he did in Bolivar.
    We all know that sort if ish doesn't fly, I think that's probably the main reason he was let go, if he was let go.
    As for replacement, Baldi all the way.

19. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    What Koolaid?

It came out that both agreed to mutually end the contract. POrtugal is going to now coach in Brasil and we're stuck looking for a coach. What does common sense tell you about this move/and who is the one benefiting?

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Personally, I think it was smart given the fact that it kept our players fresh. At a time where we'll have to juggle libertadores too, that would have been a great plan to keep our best healthy.

21. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Back in the Beckham topic, it probably would be something like the whole Maradona deal in 1994. It was almost set and then Maradona gave positive on a drug test and all fell through.

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Very true. Could be similar.....but there's also rumors that Adidas are fronting money to bring Beckham out of retirement to play for River Plate in Argentina...

23. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    pedrielbolivar.JPG Pedriel was announced as the new Bolivar forward.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  24. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    And Vladimir Soria is the coach...hes pretty good...

25. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Lizio was in La Paz yesterday too, there's talk of him coming back which would be great that means that a Spaniard would have to leave, or Arguello. If it does happen, i can see Capdevila or Arguello going.