OFFICIAL Club Bolivar Thread - News - And any other Babble

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Bolivianfuego, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    #751 Dustyvinyl, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    Aswe're not considered to be a top team, but I think this team is organized better than Hoyo's team which played with lots of heart. We have the best Bolivian players who are fit and strong. rotating formations and lineups. very attack and possession minded and we know how to manage players stamina.
    we should be looking for a strong central forward as a refuerzo. but I wouldn't mess with what we have already and Portugal probably thinks the same thing. we are not going to sign any others because of the cohesion of this team.

"money isn't everything"

I want to see what Bolivar does in Mexico most of all. That will give us the most exposure marketing wise.

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Right now Ricardo Pedriel is rumored to be on our radar. I personally think he'd be a great forward for our system. He can play both as a winger and as a CF. He's tough, gritty, and is hungry. He's also not bad with his head.

3. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Lets get him! if that rumor is true, That would be great. we need players with no ego. Claure is reveling at the fact we play in Mexico too. it's a great opportunity. Those teams and fans don't expect anything from us and to show them up in their own stadia. can't wait. on the other hand if we lose, no biggie.

4. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Leon is a VERY strong team. They beat America yesterday and are probably the top team in mexico....scary.

But I agree. Us fired up, and clicking we can beat almost anyone. We handed Junior a good beating, went toe to toe with a good Union Espanola, and made Catolica look bad last time with Hoyos.

I hope we do the same this time around because our team is just as strong as then. Arrascaita will play a strong part.

5. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Leon was looking strong on the recap yesterday.

yup, Arrascaita will be our super sub.

The good thing is that when you're underestimated. the opponent will not put the same effort psychologically and that could lead them to make small mistakes. we need to capitalize on that.

6. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    May I just emphasize how tough this group is. I can't stop thinking that this sh*t was rigged. Anyway I think its safe to say that we are the only ones who think Bolivar can make it out. I don't think anyone in Mexico, Ecuador, or Brazil think we have a shot.although slight we do have one, we just need to add a some top players, which leads me to my wish list : Pedriel up front, Chuma for the mid, Raldes the lock. All three are available, could this ever happen? Probably not, but if it did Bolivar would be a force to be reckoned with.

7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Raldes has stated to coming back to Bolivia only for Oriente I believe...and Chuma for Strongest. Money talks though.....

8. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Money or a mix of Money plus Libertadores games . . . just so I don't repeat myself about Chuma, this is what I said before:

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  9. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yo, I tried to see if there was a thread in the Copa Libertadores sections specific to our Group 7 but there wasn't so I created one. and invited forums respective of the other clubs to it. In case you are interested in participating, please feel free to do so and VAMOS BOLIVAR!!! After Sunday, we'll be Back to Back Champions! :thumbsup:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/copa-libertadores-2014-group-7.1998187/

10. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Fortunately :D. Chumita has a stipulation that he can only play in "el tigre" inside of Bolivia, since we still own part of his transfer, he's also really eager to come back. I've also heard that Raldez is going to oriente, but that'll be a bad move, oriente is not what it used to be a couple of years ago.

Also, about the Quinteros thing, I think he was misinterpreted about the "soy argentino" thing. Although, what he said was still not very good. I still think he's a great coach. He's won with pretty much every team he's had (blooming, bolivar, oriente, now emelec) and to my knowldege a better coach than Ascargorta, I know this might be polemic, but I do think he had a better idea of how to use the players (maybe not as good a motivator as Ascargorta though)

11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Why do you think Quinteros was a better coach?

Also, Raldes is rumored to be looked at for Sporting Cristal in Peru and Colo Colo. Colo Colo....doesn't seem to be as much of an option now.

12. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    About Chuma wanting out of Recife. If his motivation is playing in Libertadores to get more exposure, where would be a better place to land than the Brazilian first division? To me he better man up and handle his business in Brazil, doing well there will open more doors than any kind of Libertadores with Strongest, let's face it they won't be going too far. I did say that I wouldn't mind seeing him with Bolivar in Libertadores, but my first choice for him would be to stay and gain respect in Recife, and Brazil for that matter.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  13. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Was Chuma getting a lot of playing time with Recife?

14. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No he wasn't getting much at all, lots of dysfunction at the club. They just released 12 players this week and he was left standing so maybe that is a good sign?

15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Interesting...so he wasn't performing or what?

16. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Either way, if Chuma isn't gonna get playing time in the 1st Division next year (and he possibly knew this), then maybe wanting to play with the Tigres in the Copa is a good thing, right?

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    At this point, yep.

18. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    So two reasons, the first one was acomplishments. I know Ascargorta took us to the world cup the first time around, nothing to take from him there, but let's be realistic, that was a hell of a team formed from earlier on (remember they won the southamerican youth championship) other than that, Ascargorta hasn't coached any other team besides Chile for like 2 months, it's been more than 10 years after that. Quinteros did know all of the players in the league won 3 championships.

I didn't like how Bolivia played the last couple of games with Azcargorta, it was just boring to watch, with 5 defenders in the back, there wasn't much clarity.

Quinteros had a bumpy start, but were getting much better before he left. I do have a lot of "cariño" for Azcargorta, for what he symbolizes for Bolivia, but I would really like to have a better coach. youth team would be perfect for Azcargorta I think, but I don't think we can pay that much for a youth coach.

Sorry I know this is completely out of topic in this forum.

19. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I was following any tweets about Chuma, and followed the team for a while, he only played as a sub like 5 times. Every time 10 minutes before the end of the game. Fans would also chant his name, but the coach wouldn't even given him a chance. I went to a sport recife blog once about Chumaero leaving, and fans were mad with the coach, saying why would you bring a top class player if you'r not going to even give him a chance. Also the fact that they didn't have him in mind for next year, so yeah, of course he wants out.

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Disagree with this. He has us playing fluid, strong futbol in the past and was integrating youth sacraficing the 'look' and style other players could have brought us; he vested young guys for the better...and I think he had a good plan. I mean look at Quinonez; that guy was riding pine and ready to leave Bolivar before Akargorta gave him his shot.

That's balls, that's vision, and I hope he continues in some kind of capacity with the NT. Quinteros is a fraud, who couldn't do crap at the NT level. He's a decent coach, but he's left a sour taste in my mouth. I'd take Akergorta from the get go, bevcause he wouldn't quit early for a better pay day. He's a opportunist. This is why he's a POS.

Hate to say it, but that's going to happen. Especially in Brasil where the turnover rate for coaches is crazy. One coach brings you in, tries to integrate you slowly...but then plans change. Maybe they think he's not good enough from what they saw in practices?

Who knows at this point. It's proably political more than him sucking. I wouldn't take it personal

21. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Que pasó ayer, mis queridos cholivaristas! El preste les quedó un poco grande?
    What an awesome finish to the league, you have got to love it!

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  23. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hahahaaaaa... Why the sour grapes, Fueguito? Your Cholivar had everything to go for the kill early in the tournament: good players, players that actually got paid on time, Clauredollars, etc. However, they tied or lost some easy games at home.
    No conspiracy theory here...just a cool, fingernail-biting, hold-your-breath finish...unless you are Bolivar, of course!

24. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    hahahaha.

Ehhhh.... I don't think it's a complete conspiracy...cause we lost it ourselves. But think there was SOME funny business going on...