OFFICIAL Club Bolivar Thread - News - And any other Babble

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Bolivianfuego, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Some footage of Frontini....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSns2j_Asso"]YouTube - Pablo Frontini - Presentación[/ame]

2. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He seems legit.

3. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I am dying to see the boys play under Hoyos. Word is he is kicking the crap out of them, on the sand, getting them super fit. Its good to hear.

The guy that was having the most trouble was alex da rosa, the guy keeping up the most shockingly is Abdon Reyes. These drills with the sand and resistance is supposed to help the speed of the players.

4. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is common sense for any coach who really knows..great for youth development

HOYOS for control of TAHUICHI !:D:p

5. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    They used to do that in tahuichi too, well they probably still do (practice in sand dunes).

6. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    They still DO. I know because I spent my time in the sand dunes, I did my time with Tahuichi.

7. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol i think its actually b/c of the bad condition of the actual grass haha..but idk..

8. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    lol, I know right? Abdon Reyes the one with more resistance!? it seems he lost weight too on the videos I seen, hopefully this is his year for both Bolivar and the NT! cuz we all know what he can do when he's inspired!! :cool:

9. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I don't know, because it could be too late, he is 28 this year going to be 29. But I agree with you, I saw some pics too and he seems to be in better shape. Who knows maybe in the Libertadores he can pull off another "Galindo" and maybe show.

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Post up pictures.

With that said, I really wish there were better live streams of Bolivar games/ bolivian league games. Remember Jumptv was giving them as long as you paid a certian amount? Anyone know if thats still going on?

11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This is the rumored starting 11 right now.....

-------------------------------Arguello (Arg)------------------------------------
    Equino---------------Frontini (Arg)----------------E. Rodriguez-------------L. Alvarez

--------------------------------------Nacho Garcia------------------------------
    ---------------------W. Flores-------------------------Abdon Reyes--------------

---------------R. Cardozo---------------------------------Ze Carlos (bra)----
    ---------------------------------------W. Ferriera (Uru)-------------------------

I like it! Lorgio Alvarez and Abdon are going to do DAMAGE on that left side.... Lorgio is a great soccer player, and if hoyos can get him fit... we will have a very strong combo on that side especially attacking.

Can anyone fill me in on Equino? Edemir Rodriguez seems to start over Rivero. And Frontini in the middle.

Up front we will have the line of 3 forwards. I am just worried about ze carlos...

They say we are looking for one forward more, that guy from Aurora, Carlos Saucedo was it? They are having trouble signing him. Why not sign botero???

12. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lorgio is a great player...when fit he can be ONE OF THE BEST

13. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lorgio is a great player...when fit he can be ONE OF THE BEST

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, he has gotten a little old and pudgy though.

15. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    it seems crazy reading all the signings so far and some still rummored. Would this be the highest profiled Bolivar team, or Bolivian team ever?

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I wouldnt quite say so, but it def. has the ability to maybe be.

Bolivar has had some serious teams since 90' on, in the 90s.

This team though def. has that feel of those older teams with the coaching and professionalism.

17. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I honestly dont remember Bolivar making such a splash in bringing players from el exterior to La Paz.

18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hmm... I mean we've always had their caliber extranjeros, its Hoyos thats the big splash and his coaching. Remember guys like Guibergis? Chiorazzo? Juan Matias Fischer? That central defender we had that was a beast we had on loan from Newells a couple years ago? Charles Da Silva? Ochoaizpur?

Hoyos is the big fish, Nacho too given how he was playing at Aris regularly until his injuries in 2010, and how they are doing well in the Europa league. The caliber of the arquero and the CB are about normal to what we used to get in the past.

19. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think you guys had an even better team in 2004:
    Mauro Machado; Julio César Ferreira, Óscar Sánchez, Marco Antonio Sandy; Percy Colque, Róger Suárez, Gonzalo Galindo; Rubén Tufiño, Limbert Pizarro, Ronald García; Limberg Gutiérrez, y Horacio Chiorazzo.

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Oh yes, we def. did. Our defense was def. better. Hell our attack was probably one of the best in the history of the team.

Nacho young and hungry, a great still good Roger Suarez, Limberg Gutierrez, Chiorazzo, Galindo, Tufino.... great players..... in 2004. :p

21. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Campora signed for Olimpo. It would have been a good signing for Bolivar.

Anyone know what kind of contract Nacho signed with Bolivar? because there has been no official statement about it from Aris yet.

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Well in the papers it says a 6 month loan with Bolivar. As to how much they are covering of his salary? I'd say 1/4th.

Its six months and then maybe back to Aris, or an extension, or he goes somewhere else.

Campora was probably out of our price range anyway. Right now we are trying to stay under a tight budget.

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Phew, Bolivar news!

"El fútbol se debe jugar pensando
    Hoyos filosofó ayer en Bolívar: ‘Jugar sin pensar no es jugar’, les dijo a los futbolistas"

Good article on hoyos ideas on how the game should be played. This line does it for me

Also from the article the defense seems to be:

Bustillos-------------------Frontini------------------Rivero--------------L. Alvarez

For sunday. Since rodriguez and arguello just got here, they probably wont play or get barely any time.

Midfield that was practicing was

----------------------------------Nacho------------------------------
    Flores--------------------------------------------------------C. Kassab
    ----------------------------Marcleo Gomes---------------------------

I'd imagine the kid Kassab which is a juvenil will be replaced by Abdon.

Up front it was Ferreira, Ze Carlos and Rodrigo vargas taking turns. Good to see.

http://www.la-razon.com/version_ma.php?ArticleId=3362&EditionId=2405&ids=306

Also noted in this page is Alex da rosa is out and wont play beause of expulsion from his last game vs. blooming. Out for 2 games.

Interesting stuff in this article about training, and the how the players arrived to the team (arguello and Edemir).

Interesting too Hoyos ideas on short small sided passing, and small sided area of play. His ideas remind me alot of Azkergortas way of 1,2, pass short touch game that we would see with our National team.

http://www.laprensa.com.bo/noticias/12-1-2011/noticias/12-01-2011_9519.php

More stuff on the training, players that are probably to start, etc.

http://jornadanet.com/n.php?s=Deportes

I cant wait to see how hoyos' team looks like under him. He has Bolivar working up to playing a very attractive, quick touching, high pressuring team.

Sounds interesting....

24. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bolivar fans. Any links to the game?
    Help a bolivian brother out. I really want to watch this new Bolivar play today, and the game has already started. Please, if anyone is watching it, provide some links.

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia