Official Chinese Abroad Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by topcow, Dec 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I'm curious about the black dude on Hong Kong National Team. Was he born and bred in Hong Kong? Or is he an immigrant?

2. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    China 1-0 Algeria

The game was played in France. The lazy bums in our NT finished shopping and touring, finally they decided to get their shi+ together and played a game. 肖战波 scored a volly in the first half and dumbass 李毅 missed a PK.

The starting lineup:
    23李键,14周挺(22周海滨46’)、5郑智、12魏新、16季铭义,19郑斌(26王鹏73’)、15肇俊哲、17肖战波、13徐云龙,11张烁(21陶伟82’)、9李毅(10张玉宁88’).

3. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
  4. Sky_

Sky_ New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    I wouldn't say they got their ********** together, there was no coordination at all. Seriously, a recreation team whose played some time together could pass better than the NT. Li Yi.... what can I say... he was one of the best players on the field (thats saying alot) but one word sums him up: OVERCONFIDENT :mad: sooo many times he got to the touchline, he had the opportunity to cross (whether or not our incompetent midfielders could score is not the point), instead he tries something fancy and ends up with a forced pass or lose the ball completely. The penalty was his own masterpiece, I believe in chinese it is called 一手一脚做成, he made it and he blew it himself. I don't remember seeing a worse penalty shot, maybe with the exception of the Italy vs France one in the world cup a long time ago. My guess is that he tried to look cool and humiliate the keeper by "floating" the ball in, it would haev worked if the keeper dived in the wrong direction, unfortunately he didn't, and he had like 2 seconds to realize how slow the ball is coming at him to stick up one hand and bat it away. THen Li Yi shows how much he doesn't and won't fit in European football by standing there shocked, as the rebound rolls around 2-3 ft. away from him. Oh well, at least we won, so no more harsh criticism... for now.

I'd like to finish up by talking about Zhang Yuning... honestly, I thought he was shite when I saw him play against Hong Kong, but now I think there might be a use for him after all. I say play this guy in Right Midfield, stick Sun Jihai back to right wingback where he belongs. When Yuning came on in the last few minutes, his runs and crosses were instantly better than whoever was on right midfield, I didn't even hear his name, I just knew he did NOTHING and lose the ball alot (forgot if he played a part in the goal, if he did, credit for that). Yuning reminds me a hell of a lot like Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, he really looks like he can play on the wing, but looks lost up front. Li Yi is a supporting striker, put him and Hao Haidong up front. Zheng Bin and Zhang Yuning on the left and right flanks respectively. Midfield is debatable. And tell Xu Yunlong never, ever to go up and waste space in the penalty area, let a real striker like Haidong finish the job.

5. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Well I've not watched the game yet so I can't really put comment on it, but wouldn't sun jihai be better at the right midfield position than zhang yuning? From the city games that I've seen, Sunny's crosses are good. On the left side, I think shao jiayi's a better option than zheng bin. Anyway, welcome to the forum, Sky.

6. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    [​IMG] Once again, a good first half and a phucking terrible second half. The series ended up 4-1 and the rockets're eliminated. Seems like Van Gundy got some house cleaning to do.

7. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Li Yi overconfident? That's not surprising. Rememeber that "they need good players like me over in Spain" comment? I was hoping Lee Eelyong bashed some sense into him, but apparently not

8. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    They are very young and also have little depth, but Van Gundy usually runs a 8 man rotation. But overall I think they did well if they are able to take what happened this year and improve next season. If Jimmy Jackson had nailed the 3, Rockets woulda won game 1. They choked in the OT of game 4. If everything went Rockets way they woulda been 3-1 going into last night. I sense Francis leaving...

9. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid

No, he is a Chinese guy with a tan.... :)

He played in HK for over 7 years and qualified as a legal resident. In less than a year, one more Brazilian(the best player in HK) will get his legal permit.

BTW, I hate Li Yi.... that guy has attitude problem.

10. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Why didn't he play against China the other day? I thought he is HK's best striker. I saw him warm up on the sidelines so I don't think he was injured. What's the reason he didn't play?

11. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Several thoughts after watching the China vs. Algeria match:

1. Li Yi played well. MotM for me. I don't care if he has attitude problems or if he's overconfident as long as he can create chances and score. Compared to Zhang Yuning, Li's more mobile and he can create his own chances while someone has to feed Zhang right to his mouth for him to do anything. I'd take Li Yi over Zhang Yuning anyday.

2. Someone has to teach 徐云龙 how to dribble past defenders and how to shoot properly. He's not a midfielder. Put him back on defense and let him stay there.

3. 魏新 's technique is horrible.

4. Our midfield players give little support to the strikers. I often see Li Yi with the ball moving forward but the midfield is slow or unwilling to join the attack, leaving Li with no passing options. We were against Algeria for pete's sake. Why be so conservative?

5. Did 肇俊哲 play at all?

6. 肖战波 is not a midfielder. His passing is crap and he doesn't have the vision necessary for a midfielder. I'm glad Haan is trying him out on left back near the end of the match. Defense is where he should really belong.

7. We played long ball to often. I thought our coach is Dutch and not an Englishman.

12. Sky_

Sky_ New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    I'm glad he didn't. Our defense was so bad, the little HK striker caused a lot of problems in the second half, I'd hate to imagine what would happen if that guy played striker.

I think it is a matter of face though. The HK vs China derby is family business... using the help of a foreigner? Even if you win, it won't be as 光彩 :D

13. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    haha...I don't think HK would mind had they won the game with the black guy in the lineup. But definitely China would have lost a lot of face had they lost.

sigh... with the Olympic team losing to Korea and underachieving in the qualifiers, the road is long and treturous for China to become a world power...

I would be satisfied if we can make it to Germany 06. Like many have said we can't expect anything from China these days.

14. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    This is really late but I just loved the algeria game when li yi tried to copy henry's little flicker for a pk and totally messed it up... cracked me up...

15. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I really do not know. I followed HK footyball on and off, but I never heard of him until he naturalized.

16. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Is Li Tie completely out of Asian Cup?

17. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Haven't heard of him for months. As far as I can remember, the NT team doctor said he would completely recover before The AC.

18. hertha supporter

hertha supporter New Member

May 4, 2004
    Boston, MA, USA
  19. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Although Li Tie is a good holding midfielder, we need to raise some new and young players on the international stage. This may be a good time for Haan to drop Li Tie and let him recover fully and use young blood, rather than play someone who is not match fit. We need to get as much experience for the next generation, hopefully the jia A season will give some players a chance to show haan and give us supporters a decent team to cheer about.

20. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Looks like Shao Jiayi's 1860 and Dong Fangzhuo's Antwerp are heading for relegation.

21. numberfreakishnerd

May 10, 2004
    how's dong fang zhao doing in antwerp?

22. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    He scored one goal and assisted a few (I think). But his team is last in the Belgium First Division.

23. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    welcome aboard numberfrekishnerd.
    Dong's doing okay in Antwerp. He still has a lot to learn but I expect him to be a great player in the near future.

btw there are talks about him being selected in the Chinese NT (due to the shortage of decent strikers in China). I hope it will happen. It'd be great to see him in action during the Asian Cup.

24. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hello guys!!..

I dont know so much about C-League, and I just wonder if you´re expecting to see any players moving over to europe this summer ??

25. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    how real is this? cuz that would be good for China and his bid for Work Permit