Official Chinese Abroad Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by topcow, Dec 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    LOL, dumb dork throwing dookie around! Shut up and piss off.

2. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    What does that 122 assists mean? Too little or too many? Anybody have any thoughts a replacement PG?

3. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Did anyone actually expected china to beat or tie barca...? Waste of time...why play a world powerhouse...they should be in the middle east challenging countries that they are most likely to play in the asia cup and wcq...

4. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    I agree Francis is not the ideal point guard, but Mobley is the one who should go, they need a decent point guard and move francis to SG. The rockets also need to add to their bench, we have NOTHING on the bench. Give this all star combo more time and the championships will come.

5. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    You can't really blame him. Quite frankly Forza invited him to troll with that obnoxious Hiddink "devil training" comment. How disgraceful

6. Soju Gorae

Soju Gorae New Member

Hook.

Line.

and...

sinker.

:D

7. crom80

crom80 New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    francis is a shoot-first type of guard
    he doesnt give yao the ball enough
    if yao were to play with kidd or bibby that would be awsome
    yao should be with a team like the Kings where they feed it inside

8. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just ignore that Soju Gorae....

9. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Yao go to the Queens? The coaches their would probably ask Yao to flop every time he gets the ball, cuz that's about all Divac does.

10. crom80

crom80 New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Divac is the best center in giving out dimes in the league
    yao would be better in that and also put up some scores

11. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Damn, the 4th qtr made me nervous. Rockets finally pulled off a win, they played much better offence at home, hitting the 3 pters like crazy. Still, I think they should've passed to ball to yao more.

12. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Did you see those freakish Francis plays at the end? It was like WTF!!! Trade Francis at your own peril, rockets admin.

13. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Is he really gonna be traded? I thought it was only rumor. Anyway, he had been on fire throughout the game, the rockets need to keep up the performance to get the series back to 2-2.

14. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    He is not gonna be traded IMO. Xfactor thinks he will.

15. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Unless, they win championship I think Van Gundy is gonna look to trade Francis cuz they've had their bust-ups and sometimes he plays uncontrolled. But that aside I love how Francis stands up to ppl who abuse Yao. I remember him getting into Amare Stoudemire's chest when Amare "facial"-ed Yao and starting screaming. And last night when Fisher hit, accidently or not, Yao on the face, it was Francis again to get one back for his teammate. Maybe their chemistry will develop to the point where Van Gundy can't trade him.

16. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000

I never said we should "copy" the Koreans. All I said was Hiddink and his style of coaching might be a better choice than Haan. Haan is a quiet guy. He's not a leader, and he doesn't have a strict regimen in training, something those lazy bastards in the CNT really needs. His record as a coach is nothing but mediocre. True, Hiddink won't solve all of our problems -- in fact no coach will because our players just don't have the abilities. But given the proper "push", which I think Hiddink is more capable of giving, the CNT will be a better team.

Calm down about the light years comment. It's just a figure of speech my friend.

17. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000

Nobody can save the CNT except for the CFA, and they have to do it from the grassroot levels. Never did I say Guss will save the CNT. All I was implying was he will make us a better team.

18. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    I think it's Haan and his dutch connection with Rijkaard.

19. Sky_

Sky_ New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    I'm not sure of Soju was trolling or not, but I agree to an extent... China lacks technique and most of all, CREATIVITY. Every single match, they try to bang-bang it through the middle and 99% gets cut off by the defense, 1% the forward gets through and flunks the shot. I like Li Yi and I think he should be getting more starts, he's fast and agile. Until CFA produces an elite striker in the likes of Van Nistelrooy, ie a tall goalscoring machine who can exploit the set pieces, Hao Haidong should stay up front.

Now I'm not too worried about our defense, Li Weifeng is pretty solid. Our midfield needs more hard working maniacs on steroids, who can stamp authority and control possession. Our left and right flanks are our weakest points. I'm not sure if this is the coach's fault but, IMO, when we face teams like Iran or Qatar, their flanks are usually exposed yet Haan insists on attacking through the middle. If we can go down the wings and cut inside the penalty area or produce some dangerous crosses, we can probably score more than doing the stupid through passes that always get cut off.

I say forgot the WC2002 squad. I liked what I saw in the Korean Olympics team against Malaysia, their left and right midfielders were excellent and held possession well, whipping in solid crosses. That's what we need. IMO we could have scored against Barca in the first half, their defense isn't very good. But for some strange reason, possibly a curse, our finishing is just awful.

20. Sky_

Sky_ New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    P.S.- I was reading some posts on page 140 and regarding the dumb commentators.... I agree... there are hundreds of millions of "football fans" in China but not many really understand the sport. How many players in Jia A actually grew up with a ball? I'm talking about learning to juggle at the age of 3. They only play football as a profession, I can't help but realize they hate their job, if there was a similiar job offer with the exact same salary, but all you gotta do is sit around some air-conditioned office, I'd bet my life savings they would take it. Hao Haidong *might* be an exception, or maybe just because he is China NT's only real goalscorer. And Li Weifeng, although most people here don't seem to like him, I think he is the team's spirit, sure he got carded and gave up a penalty in WC2002 but it just shows that he tried, unlike the other people who lets Ronaldo run past them.

BTW if you guys have the choice, listen to the Guandong Sports commentators instead, they are awesome if you can understand, they know a hell of a lot and they also broadcast EPL, La Liga, Champions League etc.

21. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Sky, I wish you can post in here more often. Your insights are excellent and much appreciated by all of us who care about Chinese football.

You hit it dead on. We deperately lack players with creativity. How often do we see a back-heel pass or a killer through-pass? A field-opening switch pass from one side of the field to another? Or players who can feint and fake to dribble pass defenders (instead of using just plain speed)? Even simply deceiving moves like Cryuff and scissors are rarely used. That's why we could only score from set pieces and headers from crosses -- we can hardly create anything.

So whose fault is it? Players' or Haan's? I think it's a bit of both. Our players just don't have the vision or creativity, and Haan just doesn't stress the importance of creativity enough. Case in point -- Wu Wei An's (吳偉安) exclusion from the National Team. Guy plays attacking mid in Div. 1's Shenzhen Kejian and is an excellent player, reminicent of Shunsuke Nakamura, possesses great skills and vision. He's probably the best skilled playmaker in all of China yet he's completely ignored by Haan. Just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

I agree about Li Yi and Hao Haidong. Hao's still our best striker and should still play. Li Yi's more agile and has better workrate than the overrated Zhang Yuning.

If we get Shao Jiayi back in left wing and Sun Jihai on the right wing, we should be okay. Du Wei should be playing for the Senior Team. Zheng Zhi should be moved up to midfield. Our fullbacks are the biggest weaknesses. My best 11 would be (442):

--------Hao Haidong---------Li Yi--------------

--Shao Jiayi-----Wu Wei'an/Zheng zhi -----Li Tie------Sun Jihai----

--Yang Pu-----Li Weifeng---------Du Wei-----Wei Xin---

-----------------Liu Yunfei----------------------

22. Sky_

Sky_ New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Thanks for the compliment. I think it's hard to nail the the problem on anyone. I don't completely blame Arie Haan, as he does have experience. However, a few pages ago someone brought up the quote "China does not lack the right seeds, just lacks the right soil to grow them on". Sun Jihai is an excellent example, he is the best player in his position in Manchester City, a rather large European Club. There is a reason Mr.Keegan insists on starting him alot, not just because some jealous reporter says European clubs are buying Chinese players to tap into the market. No. If that was the case, Li Tie would have gotten many starts but competition for the Everton midfield is great, guys like Graveson have priority over him, add to the fact that he screwed up a few times (some ugly, poor mistimed tackles) made Mr.Moyes bench him. But my point is, Sun Jihai PROVES that Chinese are not inferior in the football world, we just lack the ability to develop. It makes me feel proud when City are down by a goal or are lacking spark, and Jihai gets subbed on.

BTW Grifo, I notice that in your location you support HK, do you live there? I remember HK football had its glory moments about a decade ago.

23. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    divac has been well known flopper way before he joined kings. (ever since he was a rookie in LA)
    well I think yao can do much better in kings cuz kings have real PG who can pass the ball, not dumping the ball on others when he cant score.

24. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    China definitely has the seeds. If young guys like Qu Bo, Gao Ming, An Qi, etc. were to be playing in Europe, they would be quality players by now.

I'm mostly back and forth between Hong Kong and Shenzhen. I'm not a close follower of HK football but I do support it whenever I can. HK football was at its prime during the 60's and the 70's. Since then it has been all downhill. These days not many people in Hong Kong care about HK football anymore, as most of them prefer watching European football.

25. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Talking about the heydays of HK football.... both Haan and his assistant de Jong played for Seiko in the HK league. They were both ex-Dutch national team players. Haan was actually very famous.... liked the modern day Cocu or de Boer. Theo de Jong had about 10 caps. de Jong played in HK for a few years. He was very good.

At one point, Seiko also had René van de Kerkhof on their roster. He was a starter with the Dutch NT throughout the 1970's before he came to HK..... he had about 40 caps. His twin brother Willy was the Dutch NT captain when Rene was playing in HK. For a single season, Seiko has Nanninga on their roster.... he was the backup striker for Holland at WC 1978. He scored the tying goal against Holland in the Final against Argentina. Seiko also had a player named Muhren. He was also capped by Holland. I believed his brother was Arnold Muhren who was the backbone of Manchester Utd and the Dutch NT right about the same time he played in HK.