Official Chinese Abroad Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by topcow, Dec 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York
    nw, I hope you don't mind if I start this thread.

I still haven't seen this weekend's EPL matches yet. But you asked whether Sun Jihai played the whole game for Man City this weekend. According to soccernet.com he did, but wasn't mentioned in the match report.

2. nw

nw Member

Nov 14, 2000
    I only followed Everton - Blackburn. It seemed that Li Tie played all right, he still was taken off in the 2nd half though, but Everton fell apart afterwards, and had trouble defending against 10 men but managed to held on for a 2-1 win. Gravasen should've been taken off instead IMHO.

According to Man City messageboards Sun played well.

3. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Man City 2-2 Charlton. Sunny played as a wing back again, and I also heard that he played well.

4. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    About Li Weifeng

Li Weifeng has left England and currently he is in Hong Kong receiving medical treatments for his injuries. Li Wei Feng claims that the reason he went back to China is to cure his noise and waist injuries. He got a three weeks break from Everton. I heard some rumors said that he has made some agreements with his original club Shen Zhen Ping An and he will not return to Everton. But according to Hao Jian Xue(the CEO of Kejian), Gu Kai(the general manager of Ping An) and David Moyes, Li Weifeng will return to Everton after the New Year. Hao and Gu said that LI Weifeng will have to finish his one year loan contract at Everton, the contract will not be broken based on his desire. They mentioned that Li never told them that he wanted to go back to Jia A. Moyes also said that Li will be back at Goodison after New Year. Here's the link http://www.evertonfc.com/news/article.asp?id=5455
    I'm a bit confused about what's happening to Li, I guess we all have to wait and see.
    He has played only 1 EPL match and 1(or 2?) cup match so far this season. I don't think he's good enough to play the EPL. I just hope that he doesn't return to Jia A and find a Div 1 team instead.

5. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    About Shao Jiayi

Sina reports that Shao impressed the manager of 1860 München during the trial. The club plans to acquire him when the transfer window opens again. Good luck to Shao!!!

6. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    The Bahrain 4 nation tourney

What the hell happened to our NT. They just can't win shi+, can they??? Shen used different starting lineups for each match. But that's not a good enough excuse to fail to win this third-rate tourney. It's about time for Shen to dump his 3-3-3-1 formation. The Olympic qualifiers come next year, he still has a bit of time to do some changes. Our NT has let me down once again, I'm really disappointed......

I saw someone posted this Chinese link http://www.go01.com in the Spain forum last night. That guy stated that this site broadcasted 2 la liga matches per week. I searched this site a bit, jeez, they have a lot of cool shi+ on the site......bunch of channels(cctv5, stars east, GZ sports etc). They list that they have some Man City and Everton matches, and China vs Syria match on tape delay, but I tried the links, they didn't work anymore. They might broadcast the upcoming NT matches, I can't find the schedule yet, see if you guys can find it......
    http://www.go01.com
    http://www.go01.com/live.htm

7. nw

nw Member

Nov 14, 2000
    Re: Li Weifeng

He played 1 league match, against Southampton, and 1 cup match, against Wrexham. He played well in both matches but went back straight to the reserves after David Weir came back from injury.

8. Blue Army

Blue Army New Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Newport
    Arent you forgeting someone?
    Fan Zhiyi played twice for Cardiff last week, firstly he played in the LDV Vans game in a weakened team which lost at Bournemouth, and was praised by the manager as one of the players to come out of the game with some credit.
    He made his league debut in a derby against Bristol City on live television. In which he was voted both sponsors and supporters man of the match, however we lost. He was one of the only players to come out of the game with any credit.

9. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was going to post about Fan, but Bigsoccer went dead last week. :)

Beijing might demand a big transfer fee for Shao. So the deal might be off. Shao has the potential, but he will need a few months to adjust to the level of Bundesliga.

Meanwhile, Li Weifeng said that e will return to Europe on January 8th.

Yang Chen also played this weekend.

10. nw

nw Member

Nov 14, 2000
    I hadn't expected Fan to be back so early.

11. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Our NT stinks. I think Shen is the one to blame. There's no way in hell that our team can play well under the unorthodox 3-3-3-1. Nobody in Jia A uses that formation on a regular basis, so our players are having a tough time adjust to that. Also playing Zheng Zhi as DF is a complete waste of talent, and Xu Liang should not be a DF since he lacks size and strength.

12. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    I heard that some of his teammates were impressed at his speed. Not bad for somebody who's already 33.

13. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Re: The Bahrain 4 nation tourney

The videos on the site are all linked to sports.cnool.net. The connection is as slow as hell. I've tried using streambox to d/l them but no success. Have you tried downloading them?

14. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Shao Jiayi with Hassler at Munich 1860:

[​IMG]

15. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Re: About Shao Jiayi

The transfer window opens in January, doesn't it? How much is the proposed transfer fee? Hopefully Guoan will not ask for too much.

16. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Re: The Bahrain 4 nation tourney

You shouldn't be dissapointed about this third rate competetion. Shen was just playing around and experimenting with a completely inexperienced side.

17. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Re: Re: About Shao Jiayi

Shao is one of the most important player for Guoan, plus he's only 22. So I think Guoan will not let him go easily, which means big transfer fee. But if they ask for a lot of money, then they will be "attacked" by the Chinese media. Maybe under the pressure of the Chinese media, Guoan will not ask for too much.
    BTW, today Sina reports that 1860 München is going to sent a delegation to Beijing to negotiate Shao's contract.

18. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Re: Re: The Bahrain 4 nation tourney

You are right the connection is so d@mn slow, for that matter I didn't bother to download them. Just go to their live channel page.....bunch of the Chinese sports channels. Last night I watched a bit of a French league match through GZ sports(live2.htm). I think CCTV5(live1.htm) will broadcast the upcoming China vs Ca(forgot the spelling) match. When I get the schedule I'll post it.

19. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Re: Re: The Bahrain 4 nation tourney

I think Shen didn't take this tourney seriously. He gave almost everyone in the squad an opportunity to play. I just don't like the formation that he's using and I was upset becuz he put the players in the wrong positions.

20. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nothing is important until Asian cup. It is more important to test the players. meanwhile, i heard that Nigeria will be playing China. Any news???

21. nw

nw Member

Nov 14, 2000
    I see this tournament just as a training session for the NT, so the results were not important. In fact I thought the NT did okay all things considering. Though I agree having Xu Liang and Zheng Zhi playing central defense is dumb, but I guess Li Weifeng and Du Wei will start in the real setup.

It will be interesting to see who plays against Catalonia.

22. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Arie Haan

At a press conference today, the CFA has announced that the Dutch man Arie Haan will be our new head coach. Well, these are not exactly their words, but I think it's what they mean. What they actually announced was that Haan will come to Beijing before Christmas to negotiate his contract, and if the personal terms can be agreed, then he'll be our new coach. I remembered that I've seen report which said the CFA had signed an initial contract with Haan in Holland. So I think they probably have made some agreements, the only thing left is to put their names on the real contract.

So, what do you guys think about Haan????? He beat many candidates to get the job. I think he'll come up with better things than soccer tennis and watch movies.

23. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    I heard that China will play Columbia. And I heard that after the Catalonia game the U23 team will fly to Qatar and play a tourney there.

24. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Re: Arie Haan

Well, I'm not too familiar with Haan to comment on his coaching style or ability, but everyone's hoping that he will instill the Dutch Total Football philosophy into our team.

Does anyone know his coaching style - formation used, whether he focuses more on phsical or technical aspect of the game, etc?

Come to think of it, Bora was really pathetic. Besides soccer tennis, lots of movie watching (couldn't believe he had our players watch Denzel's "Remember the Titans"....), and perhaps too many set-play practices, he did practically nothing to improve our team.

Bye Boring Bora, let's welcome Total Football!

Or so we hope....

25. Ticallista

Ticallista Member

Jul 5, 2002
    Re: Re: Arie Haan

i think it was a good movie. it gives you that "want to win" and "play my guts out" feeling.

but i suppose the movie is not as effective through subtitles (because i don't think the Chinese national players understand a word of english).