Official Chinese Abroad Part V [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by The Old Lady Hertha, May 19, 2007.

1. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hong Kong Henry:)

[​IMG]

2. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  3. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Why not ? :D Didn't he crush them last season with his MOM performance?

4. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Ugh Newcastle. Might as well try to kill him now, shall we? :D

5. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  6. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    B'City?! Another relegation candidate - ZZ should go to Newcastle, now theres a big club. There is a better chance of reaching europe in the future too. But one has to be wary of Emre & Barton taking his spot.

Yes I was kidding about the double Li's... I just thought it was funny that hes doing this after what happened to Everton. And City is also bringing in Thai's for trials...

7. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I know what you mean, but at B'City, he will get plenty of playing time. Looking at B'City's roster, there a lot of talent and they might be able to stay in the PL for a couple of years.

8. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Brum? They're shite. As long as Steve Bruce is in charge, that will always be so :)

9. dalianho

dalianho New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Toronto-CDN
    And i don't think B'ham's team chemistry is too good. And now with pricks like Mido on their team. Not a great place for ZZ to be. But i can see younger playerss like a Chen Tao or a Zhou Haibin, going there.

And i hope eventually players like Zhao Xuri and Cao Yang get a chance to move abroad. :)

10. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Well it should be the coach picking the players and not the owner - to bring over players that the coach doesnt want is just plain dumb - look at li weifeng, it was a waste. Plus not to mention you risk pissing off the fans. Right now the cost of staying in the EPL is so high that I just dont see people bringing in unproven youth from other countries.

Maybe bring a few to play in the reserves and train them but then again this is a HK businessman... he might not care that much about Chinese football.

11. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    From some articles, Birmingham is also interested in Mao Jianqing and HK defender Ng Wai Chiu. It will be nice, but it is not easy for them to get work permits.

12. Vincit_Vincit

Vincit_Vincit New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Lets be honest - for the largest country in the world and the third largest economy, the Chinese have an amazing incapacity to play sports like soccer. Despite the fact that 20% of the world's population is Chinese, I seriously doubt that even one Chinese player would be in the top 1,000 world players. Its a harsh reality.

13. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    i can tll u that some of chinese youngster i maybe better than some of the Player of USA or even from NT in europe

14. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  15. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  16. dalianho

dalianho New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Toronto-CDN
    Wher r u coming from, comparing population and econmy to soccer?

We have gone thru comments like this nmerous times, check the old threads. A large population with a vibrant economy cannot nurture great soccer players.

But we have to look at the culture, social status, "face", and our innate ability.

A top 1,000? I dunno if that list has ever been made.

But if it has i doubt that it would be relevent. But if Zheng Zhi, Sun Jihai, Shao Jiayi are the best current Chinese players, then so be it. It's not like we are aiming to win the World Cup. We have realist goals right now. Like maybe winning the 2011 Asian cup. But we have to find a new Manager first.

But yeah, just look at Russia and USA, with good to massive economies, they have not had great teams recently.

17. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Whats so bad about Charlton? He can probably be a starter there and they play weekly almost no stop - thats 40+ games he can gain experience. Then he can move elsewhere if hes good. I dont see it as a horrible move - better than going to BCity and letting Bruce bench him to protest too much involvement from the owner or go to Newcastle and play second fiddle to Barton and Emre.

18. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I somewhat I agree, because English League Championship is still better than the CSL. However, I don't think Zheng Zhi will compete with Barton in New Castle Utd, because Barton is a striker and Zheng Zhi is a midfielder.

19. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ^Barton is a midfielder also.

20. dalianho

dalianho New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Toronto-CDN
    I am not sure how well Zheng was received by Charlton, but if he goes to that team this season, he can be a starter in the Championship. But the league Championship is very physical, and quick paced, maybe more so than the premiership. I heard that part from a Preston player.

21. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    anyway just hope that zz get back to europe

22. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Championship is better than CSL. ZZ shouldn't come back to China or else he won't be able to improve.