Official Chinese Abroad Part IV [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by The Old Lady Hertha, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    that gonna be a huge boost for his confidence and for the coach, coz so far the team awas a bit disapointed since the begining, and Gao Leilei just made some sub show. SO that great hope he's continu like this ;) and if u find the VDO that will be very great ;)

2. Nova.

Nova. New Member

May 13, 2007
    Does anyone know the status of Yu da bao?

3. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Europeans need to stop thinking that they can sell shirts to Chinese people by signing Chinese players. That may be the case with Japan and Korea, but not China.

LosMerengues89: You're from Britain, but you cheer for Real? :)

4. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    [​IMG]...GAO LEILEI MATCH UPDATE...[​IMG]

05.14.07 - Played full match. Scored 47' and 72'. 4-1. W [@FC Viikingit]
    05.10.07 - Subsituted out 46'. 2-0. W
    05.03.07 - Subsituted out 75'. 0-0. D
    04.26.07 - Subsituted out 62'. 0-2. L
    04.22.07 - Subsituted in 46'. 1-2. L
    04.10.07 [Friendly] - Did not play. 2-0. W
    04.04.07 [Friendly] - Did not play. 0-1. L
    03.31.07 [Friendly] - Subsituted out 81'. 4-0. W
    03.23.07 [Friendly] - Subsituted out 73'. 3-0. W

Next match 05.21.07 - MYPA are 3rd and 3 points from 1st.

5. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I think he signed a permanent deal with Benfica.

6. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Yea well they are not highly rated because ... they are not world class players... we like them here because they are the top class for us not because they are the cream of the crop in the EPL.

Sun Jihai's future depends on the takeover and its effects on the transfer budget as well as the new manager's plan for the future.

7. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  8. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
  9. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Too bad.:(

According to some articles, Sun Xiang is noticed by other European teams. Hope that he will have a good future.

10. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    I really hope he can find a good team, I really like him. Unfortunately he isn't good enough as defender and we have enough midfielders..

11. inobino

inobino Red Card

Mar 13, 2007
    Behind You
    that sucks

12. athena20

athena20 Red Card

Apr 18, 2006
    zheng zhi and sun xiang can be replaced by our Under 21 squad or the olympic squad if we want.

13. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    ive only watched a handful of Charlton games, but ZZ seemed to be a good player. in the last game although he did miss two very good chances (at least one of which he should have got) he was involved in a lot of the plays.

shame Charlton is relegated. Wonder what his future is. any news? is he gonna play in the Colaship?

as for Dong, i doubt we will much of him next year. Reckon Ferguson is gonna spend some serious money this summer, and Dong is gonna go even further down the pecking order. Dong's gonna have to make a decision soon; play reserve team for couple of seasons, or get transfered/loaned to another club for some league action.

Sun Jihai slightly underachieved in terms of starts with around a dozen games appearances only. with Man City looking for a new manager and there being takeover talks, everything is in the air. But i feel any new manager can find a role for Sun Jihai next season. Of course it will depend on the money available and the vision of the manager/club owner.

Sun Xiang, ive seen the least of, but was not impressed. It seems neither was PSV.

14. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    is ZZ going back to Shangdong?

15. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    are you serious? the term 'shirt seller' was first coined after the Chinese players all those years ago, or was it Inamoto when he was loaned to Arsenal, without playing a single game for the whole season?

infact China is still the biggest market for football business, and not only in shirt sales. look at ManU, look at Chelsea etc trying to get into the Chinese market.

out of the 3 countries you mentioned in terms of number of shirts sold:

China>>>>>>Japan>>Korea

16. inobino

inobino Red Card

Mar 13, 2007
    Behind You
    you guys have a billion people, someone with logic should reckon that china sells more t-shirts than anyone in Asia.

Chelsea didn’t invite China to train with them because they’re nice; they did it because they want money.

Even Tottenham is going to add Mandarin Script to their jerseys to get more Chinese people to buy it.

Face it, Sun Xiang and Dong are t-shirt sellers.

17. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Sun Xiang is not :mad:

18. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Hi Folk ... get with the program, with the sate. TV nowadays the real money is in the tv rights and sponsorships and not with jersey sales.

Do you realize how much more one team is to gain from staying in the prem?? Do you think clubs such as Charlton, Sheff Utd, Man City or even PSV can generate 30 million in jersey sales?

The Sun Jihai vs Li Tie game a few years ago drew 360 million viewers. Man City vs Everton?!

Its all real simple and its the same with Japanese and Koreans too...

Buy/loan player, then ppl will care about the team on a regular basis (just look at BS), gain fans, more viewers, increase price on bids to tv rights, go on tour to gain money from the gates. Plus when you have 200 million asian viewers a week (lets say man utd with dong and park) guess how much more your shirt sponsor has to pay??

Just by having an east asian you already got your money's worth - typical Korean wouldnt care about Reading/boro, Japanese fan for Bolton/Perguia and Chinese fans for Charlton/Sheff Utd/Crystal Palace.

19. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    i don't think in china they r crazy to by a shirt like 40£ !!!! they sell fake shirt for 5 or maybe less, and like is fake no money for the clubs. All this is just for the fame of the club, for the pple to know the club but for sure not for official jersey selling coz that is a non sense, even in Thailand u will never find an official jersey (They r more crazy of EPL than china) excepted for the stupid tourist from europe or from australia who go to the official shop of the EPL in Siam Discovery (a Shopping Mall in BKK center)

and just for ur knowledge read that u gonna be disapointed about the asian jersey seller :p, even the Korean r not good shirt sellers

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/print?id=409570&type=story&cc=5901

20. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    Good point. One thing I was wondering about was TV rights. In the EPL, I thought that teams sold all their TV rights to Sky Sports so if an EPL team signs an asian player, Sky Sports will make more $$$ off of selling that team's tv rights to an asian nation, not the EPL club.

Oh yeah and I had no idea that the shirt sponsor could be forced to pay more $$$ due to a larger viewing audience. I forgot to consider that:eek:

21. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I'm not impugning a "shirt seller" player. I would love it if an European team played with eleven Chinese "shirt sellers". I simply challenge the veracity of such a term when applied to Chinese players.

One question: which fans wear real shirts when Man Utd comes to town?

22. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    This is only evidence from Shanghai Greatsports Channel, but Zheng Zhi and Sun Jihai are televised every week. Also, Premiership TV money is distributed equally initially, then more money goes to teams that are televised more. You would have to be a good team that actually plays your "shirt seller" to make significant profit. Celtic has made money with Nakamura. But I'm sure Man City hasn't with Sun Jihai. You need to be a big team and the "shirt seller" has to play a big role.

Caring about a team profit.

How much profit could a team like Reading, Bolton, Perugia, Charlton, Sheffield United, or Crystal Palace generate on a tour? Certainly, Asian tours are experiencing diminishing returns, especially when big teams come every other year.

23. inobino

inobino Red Card

Mar 13, 2007
    Behind You
    european teams are getting annoying nowadayz

24. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I could see more fans going to CSL than an European friendly. :)

25. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    The biggest problem in Asian countries are the large number of fake shirts, when I searched in China for a jersey/shirt/kit ( Man Utd) 90% was a fake one.