Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Illusionbox, Aug 23, 2007.
How did he play?
Sorry, just listened on the web, they didn't mention CD much, just a couple of shots. One on target, saved by the goalie and one just outside. Maybe someone who watched the game on tv or live will post later on. Penalty kick right now:
I was on my way to post it. You win this round.
2-1 Hammarby 73'
Hed7181 1 - Obese 1, that's all good!
Are you listening live or just follwing it at livescore.com etc?
I'm following the matchtracker at www.svenskfotboll.se. It's a pretty good one.
FYI 2-1 is the final. Another big win for Hammarby
Yeah but it's bad luck for me, superstitious as I am Another three point game and at most four points to number one, the league is still open.
Bye for now.
Funny stuff...well done.
So...any word on how CD did today?
well, we know the facts.
He started up top, played 65 minutes. He had two shots, one on target, and no goals.
Now surely that's enough information for BS posters to form an opinion
he did well but not great....
A detailed match report is available at http://www.americansoccerdaily.com/matchreports/elfhif240907.htm
An interview with Davies was posted on Hammarby's official website a day ago or so. I've translated it for you guys, it's quite interesting. Enjoy!
Charlie, how's your form?
- I feel like I'm in the form of my life right now, and I'm only getting stronger. So the last three weeks have been really good for me training-wise, and I feel like I've improved.
You hade a place in the starting eleven in the beginning of the season, but since Petter (Andersson) and Paulinho started playing together on top you've had a hard time taking a place.
- Yes, but it's not really about me losing my place in the starting eleven. You have to earn your place there, and I feel that I've not earned it enough to keep my place. I've just not performed the way I wanted to. It's my first year as a pro and seen over all the games I've played, this is a fantastic season for me. This year has been very instructive for me, and I have to get used to the way of playing football here and to my teammates. I'm starting to get the chance in the starting eleven again now because of injuries and suspensions, and I feel that it's working good.
Was the difference between playing here and in the college league bigger than you'd imagined?
- Yes, the way that I'm used in the game isn't the same here. I'm trying to find the way to be successful in this way of playing. It was very hard in the beginning, but now I'm starting to get used to it. Here it's more about being a team player. Earlier I've always been the star on the team and everyone has wanted to give me the ball. Here it's different, and to get that status here I have to work hard and fight for the team.
You got to start the last game against Elfsborg and you were involved in some things in the offense?
- Yes, it felt really good. Even if I was taken off, and despite the fact that I felt I had more to give, I got praise from both the trainer and my teammates. They thought it was one of my best games for Hammarby, so they noticed that I work hard and that I'm getting better. The runs are starting to work, so it can only get better and better.
You were involved in a penalty situation. It's a few days after the game - was it a pk?
- Yes, I think so. The goalie didn't touch the ball at all. The penalty we got later was somewhat a compensation, I believe.
It's a very exciting week that starts on Monday in Gothenburg.
- Exactly. We have games Monday, Thursday, Monday, so it's going to be intense and I look forward to it. The game against Gothenburg (IFK Göteborg) is a little bit of the game of the season. If we manage to pass that obstacle we have very good possibilities to get in the top four, if we lose, it will be considerably tougher.
I know that you were enraged over the fact that you were suspended against Braga. But for Thursdays away game you're available.
- Yeah, and it's really a big game, but I have to focus on the Gothenburg-match and not think about anything else right now.
If somethings totally wrong and you don't understand shit, please let me know and I'll explain instead.
Thanks. Can someone rep Lorelaei for me? I'm fresh out.
Done! Nice little interview, too!
Hammarby @ IFK Göteborg, October 1st, 7 p.m. CET:
Lineups are in and CD starts on the bench. Game can be bought at canalplus.se --> Web TV and the cost is approx. $10-11 (79 SEK). Don't think there is a stream up yet so that is basicly the only way of watching outside Sweden. If not try listening at: http://www.sr.se/cgi-bin/Radiosporten/nyhetssidor/index.asp?programID=2835&nyheter=1, all in Swedish. Game link in the top right corner. Enjoy the game!
Wow, that doesn't look good for Charlie when Sebastian Castro-Tello gets the start over him. Last game Castro-Tello came off the bench for Charlie. I'll think positive though since it sounds like Charlie is confident with his position based on the recent interview.
Davies should really consider the advantages of a hyphenated last name. The first that comes to mind is Charlie Bradley-Davies, although Charlie Davies-Bradley also sounds promising.
Or he could use two last names. How about Charlie Nguyen-Wynne Davies?
Suggestions welcome ...
0-1 Goteborg up early
I wish his name were Charlie Scoregoal-Davies...
Castro-Tello plays left wing midfield tonight. Petter Andersson and Paulinho on top. 2-0 Gothenburg so far.
Nice effort, but a bit too Anglified for European tastes. How about Charlie AnotaGol-Davies?
Maybe we're going to have to drop the Davies part entirely. Something like Charles AnotaGol-Campeón.
Let's keep working on it ...
Sounds like there's a game in progress ...
CD on for Monteiro, 38th minute.
Hammarby are desparate for some goals now. Charlie was subbed in for a defender. It looks like they're in a 3-4-3 now.
0-2 at halftime
Come on Charlie! Open your Allsvenskan account in style. Hat-trick hero!
I don't know if Hammarby (fans) are desparate, but CD fans are desperate!