Official Charlie Davies News/Updates Thread 3.0

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Illusionbox, Aug 23, 2007.

1. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    can you post the Hammarby video site again?

2. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    I`ll second your Yay!

At 400 posts and counting for 3.0, may I suggest a CD 4.0 (2008) running news/updates thread?

Also, did/will Hammarby scrimmage v. any of the USNT`s this winter?

3. FCmagic01

FCmagic01 Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Hammarby vs Red Bull should be a good match....i cant wait to see who performs better

4. Darius.Hammarby

Darius.Hammarby New Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Stockholm
    Hammarby red bull 15 februari 10.00 LA time, there will be atleast 1-2 more friendship games in US from Hammarby official homepage

Forzza CD

Hammarby have sign Rami Shaban as goali for this season, he is in the nationalteam as number 2 but after isakssons benchseson in Manchester city he maybe will be numbro uno:)

5. gvsu

gvsu Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Silly Season news for Hammarby, 2008 Season.

- Like Darius said, Hammarby have acquired Swedish National Team keeper Rami Shaaban on a 5-year contract. (The deal will probably be officially announced Monday, at the moment it's just one of those secrets that everybody knows about). Shaaban is 32, of Egyptian heritage, and is currently the second choice in the SMNT beyond Andreas Isaksson, who, however, will be stuck in Man City's B-team during the spring.

- Midfield dynamo Sebastian Eguren of Uruguay was traded to Villarreal until the end of the La Liga season for an undisclosed sum. The clubs have agreed on a transfer fee in case Villarreal want to keep him. He arrived last week and made his debut in the starting XI in this weekend's game against Real Murcia. This is kind of important for Charlie Davies, as it means that Petter Andersson will be the first choice for Hammarby in Eguren's attacking midfielder position, thus cementing Charlie's place in the starting XI.

- Left-footed midfielder Claudio Dadomo Minervini has been signed by Hammarby on a six-month contract from Montevideo Wanderers. Like his compatriot Eguren, he has National Team experience.

- Goalkeeper Kristoffer Björklund has been signed from relegated Allsvenskan team Brommapojkarna. He was their 1st choice for most of the season, but is expected to be Hammarby's second choice behind Shaaban. Last year's starting goalkeeper Erland Hellström is out with injury for the first half of the season and when he recovers he will probably be inclined to change clubs, as his chances of ever getting back into the starting XI look slim.

- Attacker Freddy Söderberg, 23, has been signed to Hammarby from minnows IFK Värnamo. He has an impressive scoring record in the Swedish lower divisions, but is expected to be a back-up player for the time being.

- Icelandic MNT player Gunnar Thor Gunnarsson (LWB) has been sold to Allsvenskan newcomers IFK Norrköping for an undisclosed sum. Gunnarsson had a difficult season in 2007, considered 3rd choice on the left wing back position. Last year's addition to Hammarby, Swedish Under 21-MNT player Emil Johansson, will probably be first choice there.

- Attacker Nkhosinathi Nhleko's contract has been terminated by mutual consent. Also, several player contracts have run out and not been extended. These include goalkeeper Benny Lekström, defender Joakim Jensen, and attacker Heidar Geir Juliusson.

All in all a good Silly Season for Hammarby. Except for Eguren, none of the lost players were anywhere near a starting XI, and if Eguren's sold in the summer it will be by far Hammarby's biggest transfer deal ever.

- With Shaaban and Björklund Hammarby have, by far, the best goalkeeping duo in Allsvenskan.
    - Defense looks okay but lacks height. There were rumours that Hammarby were looking at another defender, but at the moment they seem satisfied. Probable starting line-up right now, from left: Emil Johansson - Christian Traoré - Suleyman Sleyman - David Johansson, with José Monteiro de Macedo and Klebér Saarenpää close behind.
    - Midfield is strong even without Eguren. Defensive midfielder Louay Chanko was probably Allsvenskan's best DM last season and has been considered for the Swedish MNT squad (he got his first cap on the January Tour, against Costa Rica) with team captain Mikkel Jensen back from injury as back-up. Dadomo looks interesting in training , Petter Andersson is a huge talent who finally gets to play in his favourite position and Erkan Zengin is already one of Sweden's most efficient right-wingers. Haris Laitinen, Sebastian Castro-Tello and 17-year old wonderkid Simon Helg will all be battling hard to get into the starting XI. The future looks bright.
    - Attacking is the weak spot - sorry Charlie. Mainly because there's not much behind Paulinho - Davies at the moment and both have been question marks. Davies seems to have developed greatly during his year in Hammarby, but what if those three goals in last year's closing game was a fluke? Also, he'll be missing much of the season if he gets into the Olympic Squad. Paulinho had a rough year last year, and has been back in Brazil from time to time because of family problems. There will certainly be a fourth attacker joining the squad, but we don't know if it will be one of Hammarby's youngsters or someone from the outside. The coffers aren't that well stocked after the Shaaban deal.

The Swedish transfer window closes on March 31st. The same day as the season premiere, in fact.

6. FCmagic01

FCmagic01 Member

Nov 10, 2006
    i dk about you guys but im thinkin davies is gunna have a huge impact this year......i think our U-23's are going to qualify and do well at the olympics. I also think he will average about a goal every 2 games for Hammarby

7. Corn

Corn Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Hammarby has arrived to LA training site.

This year, as already stated, we will play against Red Bull (what kind of a team name is that?? No offense but you are really losing it over there).

The second match opponent is set but of some reason it is still secret. I guess it is another match against USA national team. But I can not understand why it has to be so secret everytime we play them?

8. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I don't think the US national team is training together anymore in LA. The purpose of the camp was to prepare for the games against Sweden and Mexico, which are now complete.

Perhaps the game will be against ChivasUSA or the Galaxy. The Galaxy are preparing for their Pan Pacific Championship game against Gamba Osaka of the J-league which is on Feb. 20th

9. Bigrose30

Bigrose30 Member+

Sep 11, 2004
    Jersey City, NJ
    [​IMG]

Over where you say?

10. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bet the second game is against the Galaxy and secrecy will be required for one of two reasons.

1) LA doesn't want it to turn into a media circus due to Beckham's presence.

2) LA doesn't want it to turn into a media circus when Hammarby crushes them 6-0.

11. Corn

Corn Member

Aug 17, 2006
    I read somewhere (Hammarby official site?) that there would be no match against Beckham and his LA Galaxy.
    So the second match has to be against some other team.

Ok, of topic but the same guy that re-named New York also renamed his Austrian team... Outrageous however is responsible for such a thing.

12. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It sure is ridiculous!

Signed,

Philips Sports Vereniging Eindhoven

13. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    If he actually puts a winner on the field I don't think New York fans will care what he calls it.

In case our Swedish fans don't know much about RBNY, their best known players are probably Colombian Juan Pablo Angel and young US phenom Jozy Altidore. They've got former US captain Claudio Reyna but he's a shell of his former self.

14. DestroyerDaMarc

Dec 8, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's so ironic too as in WSM I made my Red Bull team play your Bajen is it?

As for the name, they were originally called the Metrostars however in 05' the Red Bull Corp. bought them out and renamed them; but were not the only Red Bull team. In Salzburgh, SV was bought out in04 I believe and had changed their name as well however as Red Bull is not a UEFA sponsor at all European Club competitions they become Salzburgh, they even have a special jersey that allows their patch to have FC Salzburgh in it.

15. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Or Wolfsburg or Bayer or old Parmalat.

PS. I do hear the LA Galaxy will be renamed the LA Scientologists once Tom Cruise buys in.

16. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    *3rd time* ;)

its not like what Red Bulls did is new... its just that they were the first to do it in a while...

17. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes,it's much more proper to only sell the name of your stadium or entire league.

18. Darius.Hammarby

Darius.Hammarby New Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Stockholm
    Start a new trhead about that shiiit talk about red bull or not, this is CD trhead.

Forzza CD / Bajen :D

19. Corn

Corn Member

Aug 17, 2006
  20. Corn

Corn Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Tonight (in 10 hours) Hammarby will play Red Bulls.

This is the first match for Hammarby in 4 months so I don´t expect to much from the team.

What would be nice to see is if Petter Andersson and our new Uruguayan Dadamo preforms well on the midfield.

Davies is another guy that has to start delivering this year.
    Im pretty sure he noew has the confidence and experience he needs and that he did not have this time last year.

There will probably be a live report from the match (in Swedish ) on Hammarby official site.
    http://www.hammarbyfotboll.se/se/aktuellt/nyheter/

21. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. CommonSense

CommonSense Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Portland
    Ives has a running commentary, new signing Echeverry seems to be doing quite well, scoring a goal and earning a PK JPA converted. Apparently Charlie Davies isn't in the lineup or sub bench, any idea where he is?

edit - apparently still at the U23 camp, which I thought ended for some reason...

23. Obese

Obese New Member

May 9, 2007
    Solna, Sweden
    Club:
    Hammarby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden