Official Charlie Davies News/Updates Thread 2.0

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by gvsu, May 15, 2007.

1. Coniga

Coniga New Member

Mar 28, 2006
    You are really overestimating your team. Hammarby is a FOOTBALL team while Cork is more like a rugby team. I promise you, if we had our previous keeper (Kingson) instead of the third goalie we probably have to use next match and played on our home ground Söderstadion we would absolutly demolish you. Sorry lad but thats just the thruth. We will win anyway but not humiliate your team which you should be grateful for. :)

2. GavinZac

GavinZac New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Cork, Ireland
    :D You sound just like Malmo. And Djurgarden. And IFK Gotegorg last year. We've learned to hear: BORK BORK BORK BORK :p because Irish teams beat swedish teams anyway, every year.

We played better football than you did. You got one lucky goal, and sat back and defended, and wasted time like a bunch of scared girls, hiding in the corner with the ball and throwing yourselves on the ground. Not very impressive, against a "rugby" team :rolleyes:

I guess you saw the game then?

3. Coniga

Coniga New Member

Mar 28, 2006

We will see, we will see (dramatic voice) :)

Maybe you will win but youll never play better football than us, thats for sure. But lets look forward to the game and stop bitching.

4. GavinZac

GavinZac New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Cork, Ireland
    sure! i am definately looking forward to it, I have not been to sweden before. i hope its a good game
    Im curious as to why you'd say that! Even your coach said before the game that we will play "like a british team". We have skillful players - healy, kearney, farrelly, o'flynn - and they arent "rugby players" - one of them is only 5 foot tall :D but the worst is that you wont see our forward Roy O'Donovan play for us, he's suspended. In 6 months, he'll be playing in the premiership.

It just seems strange that every team we play, expects us to come out and kick them!

5. Coniga

Coniga New Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Its because british/irish players in general dont have much technique. Myth or not, thats the way all think of you. And add to that, your players arent that famous and there are few that have experience from a higher level, at least I presume that.

6. Bajarn

Bajarn New Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Södermalm, Stockholm
    Coniga, I think you might overestimate Hammarby aswell.;) Bajen is a shit team, and so is Cork! Face it! Some people say that Cork were better, some say it was the other way around. Hammarby's spokesman Urban Rybrink thought that Hammarby were much better, for example.:p

Now, this thread is about Chuckie Dee! BTT!

7. Coniga

Coniga New Member

Mar 28, 2006
    What? Overestimating Hammarby? That isnt possible because Hammarby is the best team in the world!

8. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    my goodness!! our thread has been overrun. guys, we just wanted to know about charlie's progress.

9. FCmagic01

FCmagic01 Member

Nov 10, 2006
    yea....back to Charlie

10. Corn

Corn Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Petter Andersson was injured last match against Helsingborg but it looks like he will be back for the game agains Kalmar (away) on wednesday.

But due to his resent injury and the fact that he has not performed much better on top then Charlie did, I think there is a chance that coach Tony will let Charlie get some more action from start.
    Also, with Petter on the bench he can act as a good substitute for left wing, center midfielder and both the strikers.
    But Petter might be considered to good of a player to start of the bench...?

Personaly I think Paulinho has been the worst player in Hammarby so far but he has scored 4 goals so... But if I was in charge I would let Charlie and Petter play together on top, but that will never happen.

After the match against Kalmar, half of the season has been played. We need 4 points from Kalmar away and then Kalmar at home, to keep any hope alive. Time for CD to score? (has it been said before...;) )

Ps
    Excuses for any bad spelling since my IE does not have the spellcheck as firefox have.

11. GavinZac

GavinZac New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Cork, Ireland
    Our midfield has 21 international caps between them, one of them has played in a champions league quarter final a few years ago with Celtic :confused: Seems to be a higher level than Hammarby's, since they play in a league that constantly gets beaten by irish teams (3 times in the last 3 years). I'd never heard of any of Hammarby's players before this game, even charlie davies.

12. Corn

Corn Member

Aug 17, 2006
  13. GavinZac

GavinZac New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Cork, Ireland
  14. Illusionbox

Illusionbox New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    London
    Impressed by Charlie to play with that energy though all the travelling (ok, he didn't play that much for USMNT but just the adventure and all the traveling must be exhausting) but it might have to do with the age.

I hear 2 different views regarding the performance Hammarby did in Cork and the truth is probably in the middle. Hammarby did as well play their fifth competing game during 2 weeks and is no good away this season so their aim was to go home with 1-1 or 0-0 which they achieved. Hammarby did not want to walk into the same trap as Djurgården and Malmö did over there.

15. Corn

Corn Member

Aug 17, 2006
    This is the second CD thread and it is 21 pages long. Mostly with main focus on CD (although I manage to do some commercial for Hammarby at the same time ;))

Illusionbox,
    You got a reply in:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=12098263

16. Bajarn

Bajarn New Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Södermalm, Stockholm
    Paulinho will never be as good as he was last year with Charlie as co. striker. And I also think that the best alternative would be P. Andersson-Charlie on the forward side.

Charlie is to aggresive for Paulinho, who likes to have his partner right behind him. And to get the most out of Paulinho's scoring ability, his co. striker also need to move a lot without the ball and create a lot of speces for him. Someone like Hammarby's last years star Björn Runström. When Paulinho played with Runström he scored almost every game, wich resulted in 12 goals at the end of the last season season, wich also gave him a second place in the Allsvenskan scoringleague(?).
    The best option for Paulinho is Andersson or possible Juliusson. Yes, I would rather have Juliusson-Paulinho than Charlie-Paulinho, 'cause Juliusson is that kind of player who never stops running.

With Charlie and Paulinho on top, Paulinho has only scored two (2) goals and has been as good as invisible on the field, but the last games (well, beside the last game against HeIF) with Petter Andersson as co. striker, I think he has played on a whole different level, even though he has only scored one goal with Petter on his side.

The problem is that Andersson really is a midfielder and if he keep playing forward, the left wing gets a little bit week. His subb. Laitinen has done his jobb OK, but he's to week and a bit to slow for the starting eleven.

I think and hope that Charlie will start on the bench against Kalmar. When Kalmar's (extremely) compact defense gets tired, Charlie jumps in and, with his quick foots, demolish them.:p

17. Corn

Corn Member

Aug 17, 2006
    CD has gotten a feaver and is not in the squad for tomorrows game.

18. johnh00

johnh00 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    CT, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For more cowbell?

19. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Repped.

20. Corn

Corn Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Kalmar FF - Hammarby 0-0 in half time.

Eguren got his third card which means that he will not play the next day, which in turn means that Petter Andersson finally can play on his propper position as offensive midfielder instead of forward...which means that Charlie will go in on top...

:)

21. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    once his feaver disappears.

22. soulsken

soulsken New Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Stockholm
    Charlie Davies is not in the squad for tomorrow's match against Cork City FC in the UEFA Intertoto Cup. He still hasn't recovered from his fever/cold.

http://www.bajeninenglish.com/

23. Coniga

Coniga New Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Hammarby is now in the "final" of the Intertoto cup after beating Cork City. Next week we will face FC Utrecht from Holland. If we win against them we will advance to to the second qualifying round of the UEFA Cup. If we win then we will advance to the first round of the UEFA cup. And if we win THEN we will progress to the group stage of the UEFA Cup.

And UEFA cup is a great way for european clubs to discover talents as Davies

Many If:s...

24. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For many reasons (not just because I want Charlie to do well), I hope Hammarby beats the stuffing out of those pukes at Utrecht.

25. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    But, realistically speaking, this is the end of the road for Hammarby.

They are Foeke'd.