Official Champions League Final post-match discussion thread (R)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by liverpool1003, May 23, 2007.

1. nachito455

nachito455 New Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Mexico
    i would hardly call it arguing as i am agreeing with most of the posts except the hand ball) and I support real madrid..even tough if this is unbias discussion then it should not matter right? I hope I havent been rude or anything and i am certainly not here to demerit your teams efforts, but simply to gain some prespective on how a set of fans reacts to such a close match wich in all honesty could have gone their way..

2. YNWAYNWA

YNWAYNWA New Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    isn't that what they did . . . to some extent?

the off-field officials calculate the minimum amount of time to be played -- and it is up to the Referee to play that amount of time or more?

after they announced an additional 3 minutes were to be played tonight, Milan made another substitution -- so you'd expect the Referee to add to the 3 minute minimum

doesn't matter, the entire world (and every official in Athens) might have expected, say, five minutes to be played -- according to the 2006 FIFA Laws of the Game: "The allowance for time lost is at the discretion of the referee."
    (unless they have updated Law 7)

end of story

3. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: It hurts so much but they are still my heros!

It is a cruel but lovely game. Had Pennant or SG or JAR finished their chance we'd have won. But we didn't. We have to have class and agree that on the day we were the better team but they got one more goal than we did. That happens. I am still a Liverpool football supporter and god damn proud of it.

4. CCSC_STRIKER20

CCSC_STRIKER20 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Word.:cool:

5. YNWAYNWA

YNWAYNWA New Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    I'm saying IMO, no controversy -- Pirlo rifles the ball in off of Inzaghi's arm

6. YNWAYNWA

YNWAYNWA New Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    no worries, nach

perfectly valid comments on your part

7. nachito455

nachito455 New Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Mexico
    that is pretty funny gow you called me nach as that is my true nickmae..LOL anyways....

8. ghazi

ghazi Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Chicago

I blame Traore!! . . sorry. . don't know where that came from.

The boys outplayed Milan and Mascherano was an absolute bulldog. The biggest gripe i have is losing to a talented team that chooses to dive and act their way into a victory.

Love these boys. If you'd offered me 2 trips to the biggest game in club footy in a 3 year span with a 5th title guaranteed, i woulda taken it in a minute! We have alot to be thankful for.

And a lot to look forward to!

YNWA

9. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

10. dragback

dragback New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    England
    I thought the ref told them how many mins to stick on the board, not sure tho. I don't think they add up how much to add on so much as make sure 90mins is played. As in the ref don't have a watch to add up stoppages, more he stops the game clock.
    Anyway.. sounds like I'm trying to argue the toss, I always end up defending the ref. The only explanation is he wasn't stopping his watch enough.
    I seriously doubt he was trying to cheat the rules or spirit of the game as much as the players who dive and feign injury(I'm sure on both sides tonight). And that is my pet hate, their trying to corrupt the result or fairness of the game when the poor ref's trying to keep it straight.
    From the sounds of it though, when I get home and watch the game, I too am gonna want to throttle the b*stard in the black;) .

11. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    i also thought there would be 4 minutes

aren't refs told to do 30 seconds/sub anyways?

12. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

What a pity. :( You were the better team ... but ok, that's football. This time, Milan was luckier...

In spite of the defeat against the arrogance of Ancelotti & the idiot Berlusconi (you can't imagine how much I hate him), you can be proud of your team!

Cheer up, lads from Anfield!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/815/021pg6.jpg

13. YNWAYNWA

YNWAYNWA New Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    while I'm obviously bashing the Ref (though not blaming our loss directly on him -- footy happens)

I think the overall spirit of the game was excellent, we know Serie A players flop a lot and they did, but, there wasn't an excessive amount of time wasting or feigned injuries; no dirty play I can recall

have to be pleased with that

14. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell the minutes made no difference -- had we used our chances they are crying tonight.

15. lackadaisical

lackadaisical Member

Jul 9, 2004
    memphis
    The chances were there. Nothing to blame but the finishing.

16. YNWAYNWA

YNWAYNWA New Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    that's what the history books will record

17. ghazi

ghazi Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Chicago
    And there you have it. We outshot them 17 to 7. They put one great chance away and got lucky after Alonso made a poor foul. We didn't finish. End of.

We've seen this film played over again and again for the past few years, where we dominate but fail to score, and then end up paying for it. most recently vs ManUtd.

Regardless. i am proud and cant wait for next season. YNWA.

ps - Mascherano played lights out. MOTM.

18. nachito455

nachito455 New Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Mexico
    the game in my opinion had the likes of a great football match which showed some very good tactical moves as well as some good example of old style football with one or two magical flares of individual talent and some good team work... I though for an italian side..milans defense were awful as was liverpools attack

19. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    i was glad to see milan win, but you can't say that was an 'entertaining' game. it was dull for the most part. I jsut saw a quarterfinal game in the Libertadores that would make the final look like a snooze fest

20. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best player on the pitch for my money

21. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well your cynical bunch got the result --- just like Italy/France-- not good for the game but -- you got the result.

22. YNWAYNWA

YNWAYNWA New Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    sorry

but, just saw Nesta's injury on the replay, and it killed a good 40 seconds

which leaves two minutes of added time to cover 6 substitutions, 3 yellow cards, 2 goals, 1 fan on the pitch, other time wasting

(do they drug test referees?)

23. dragback

dragback New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    England

Nice pics there, thanks.:)

24. EuroChamp05

EuroChamp05 New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Chicago
    Not when Italian clubs are playing. It's part of the game then.

25. ChanceTheDog

ChanceTheDog New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    lexington
    I don't blame the ref for cutting the game short, I would if I had a large stuffed brown envolope waiting for me at the final whistle.