Official Champions league draw Thread-30/08/07

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by BusbyBabes, Aug 29, 2007.

1. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    From F365: Of the Premier League quartet, Liverpool and ManYoo arguably face the hardest task

:D Nuts. Livershite have got the easiest group possible.

2. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    they did not qualify:D

3. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh yea .... :D

Christ Phill Thompson has a massive nose :eek:

4. Ian Daglers

Ian Daglers New Member

Jul 11, 2006
    Live from New York
    UEFA Cup draw is October 9. Stay tuned...

5. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Chelsea's group might be tricky. They have some problems against Spanish sides and although Schalke will not go through, they won't be a pushover. I still think United got the toughest draws from all English clubs. Liverpool and Arsenal can easily manage their groups.

Group to watch: Group E

6. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

sit down pinnochio:)

7. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Mickey Mouse cup eh ....oh well

8. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing that I really don't like about our draw is the trip to Ukraine. It'd be nice if that is the last group match and we have already qualified for the next round. The team shouldn't be intimidated by Roma (unlike the fans) and I imagine that we will do enough to beat Sporting, not that it will be easy. I'm not unhappy.

9. rolfefan1717

rolfefan1717 New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Dayton Ohio
    i can't wait to see both legs of united vs. Roma. What about the awards ceremony though? I thought seedorf and kaka were deserved winners of their awards respectively but maldini? I never thought he was the best defender in the champions league last season...

10. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Easy group for ManU

11. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I do not think that there will be many wins in this group and there could be a few draws due to the quality of the teams...

12. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Says the liverpool fan :D

13. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I would advise everyone not to take these awards seriously. They haven't been credible for many years.

14. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It ought to be interesting. This isn't an easy group, and like VR said, having to get a result in Ukraine may be tough. Hopefully we can get 6 points off Lisbon, and 8 more between Kiev and Roma.

15. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    FYP

16. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Great, out of all of the English teams we got the toughest draw....just what we need more trouble to add to the list.

What are we going to do? Not that I am losing faith or anything its just we are down strikers, are behind in the league and just as if we didn't have enough drama going on we know have a really tough draw in the Champions League.

17. Carne Leao

Carne Leao New Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Mostly cheers and some jeers. :D Love how Manchester Utd got both Roma and Sporting. Bit comical ;)
    Out of "os grandes" we get stuck with the tough group and Porto, surpise surpise, gets the easiest.

18. Rooney#8 II

Rooney#8 II New Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Mancunia, lancashire
    Looks like were goin to have a round to with Roma. I was really hopin we didn't get them. Going to Kiev will be tough it is in the winter months, and Portugal is always hard for us. We'll get through though. :)

19. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No need to panic. We still have the best team in the group, and we can manage to top it as well. It's all about preparation and strategy. If we go in with the same attacking mindset as last season and add that defensive steel we lacked, I am confident we can have a successfull campaign.

20. O Fenômeno

O Fenômeno New Member

Apr 21, 2007
    New Jersey
    ROFL@ liverpool...

im sure they will still abandon the league by christmas though anyways...

Group C and D..I will DEFINITLY be checking those matches out..

Of course barca as well :)

21. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    dude thats wat manchester united is all about , great draw , a competitive one, this is the competition to prove everybody especially with the group draw, to win the champions league, u have to overcome every obstacle ,look milan they were deducted points had to go through qualification and won it

22. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    lets not forget we have a proper tough tackling midfielder in hargreaves that we did not have last season.

23. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Neither Roma nor Sporting are teams which play a style which stifles us, I think we would ease through this group.

24. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Are you talking about the team as it stands now, or the team as we envision it to be with no Roo injury and a fit saha etc etc. (dont answer that!)

I kinda agree with you. If we were not in a spot of disarray right now I would not be as concerned...........

25. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    man united will win the treble, i have a strange feeling in me , with all the champions league draw and the bad start of the premierleague, i feel like we gonna be the best team in history !!!!!