OFFICIAL Cauldron Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by McGinty, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Offseason gatherings

How about hooking up in the off season to throw back a few beers and to talk about what needs to be worked on for next year? I am sure we can come together with a good date to get the ball rolling on things.

2. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    I certainly think that it's a must for the regulars in the section to get together and discuss the issues that Ben brought up. I know I'm a little concerned (although I am in works to start up a new (auxilary) group for 114, can you say Columbia Firm?)

3. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    If we have a get together during the offseason it has to be two things:

1) Serious and organized
    2) Have a distinct purpose with measurable end results

This would mean someone (Kevin, if he's still our representation with the FO) would have to either involve the FO or take our "demands" to the FO. Actually having Curt there might not be a bad idea, but would that happen?

4. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No we put our thoughts together before we ever think about having Curt there. Kevin is a must, becuase he is the grandpooba so he has to be present.

5. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Well, at least work first and play later...

6. KC Salty

KC Salty Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am willing to meet during the off season for business and fun. I am also willing to keep the channels of communication open with Curt.

Finals are coming up quick, so I'm trying not to be tempted to jump on Big Soccer all the time. If something urgent needs to be addressed and you're wondering why I haven't responded to a post, please feel free to private mail me through Big Soccer.

How many people are planning on attending the Wizards Christmas party on Tuesday December 16th? I can definitely start the off-season dialogue with Curt then.

7. Wizardscharter

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    If in town, I will be there. There is a possibility of my being either with my sister in Playa del Carmen, MX or witht he rest of my family in Fargo, ND.

8. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    If get to pick, go to Mexico :) I think it will be warmer there.

I will be at the party as well. Have to get my annual picture with Meola Claus

9. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is fine but we all need to get together first and get things\ idea's together.
    When I say we that is anyone who sits in 114. Season ticket or not. (even though we should make an effort to get as many season tickets as possible insection so we can have more of a voice)

10. Wizardscharter

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    No doubt. Grandparents are getting older and in poor health. So, it's duty over more fun if it's Fargo. On the bright side there are relatives, toboggan runs, broomball (tennis shoe hockey with an 8" ball), and hockey in Fargo.

11. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey dere donta know?

12. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yah, you betcha.

13. Wizardscharter

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    You betcha, yahh.

My Grandfather told me yesterday that, "Well Mother and I talked and we would really love to have you come up for Christmas. Everyone {uncles/cousins families} will be home at some time or another...We told Jackie {my sister} we can find a bed for her also, but I don't think she'll come up from Mexico..."

No kidding...
    Hmmm, leave the beach, her friends, holiday pay, and a father who throws a rooftop-overlooking-the-ocean-and-the-incoming-liners-to-Cozumel Christmas Eve party and always picks up the tab for everything else all week, pay $50 in taxi from Playa to Cancun, 6 hours and $700 worth of flight from Cancun to StL/Atl to Minny, 4 more hours in a car and having to mesh schedules with an uncle to pick her up at the airport and drive to Fargo. All to constantly eat too much great food, deal with cousins, answer the question, How's Mexico 40 times, crawl into cold sheets every night (it doesn't matter how the home is heated, the sheets are mysteriously always initially cold in winter), be crowded into a house too small for 40 people roaming in and out, and then do the whole thing in reverse.

Gee, I can't imagine why she wouldn't do that...
    :)
    -oot

14. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Romey, How did you find bigsoccer and welcome to the boards.

15. Wizardscharter

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Romey says "Out" unless poking fun. I was born in Fargo and am occasionally accused of having an accent...expecially when drinking heaviliy or around relatives. I was wondering when someone would pick it up and comment. Good snag.
    -oot

16. Bilbo

Bilbo New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Box under I-25/ I-70
    KC sucks. When are you going to get Adidas or somebody in the organization to do something about your dumb ass uniforms. Thank goodness the Chiefs got wasted on Sunday so we don't have to hear about what a great fan base the Chiefs have. Looks like all the screaming and yelling you did didn't even enter Manning's head.

17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it's that time of the year where trolling becomes popular.

And you should really talk, with the Rapids and their Inter Milan knock offs.

18. Bilbo

Bilbo New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Box under I-25/ I-70
    Trolling? Is that something they use in the Lord of the Rings movies? Speak normal. And yes, Inter Milan knock offs, but it sure does look sharp even with Atletica as the maker. If we had Adidas we would damm sure do a better job than your design.

19. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, you're a newbie, so I'll explain this slow, trolling is when a person (ie. you) comes into another forum (ie. The Wizards forum you are currently reading this in) for the sole purpose of making comments that are taking shots at the team, city, or a specific person in that forum. It has nothing to do with the Lord of the Rings. And that is speaking normally, look around, I'm sure you will see the word trolling used by many people on bigsoccer.

20. OBartleby

OBartleby New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    Kansas City, MO
    I shall write a letter to our General Manager, Curt Johnson, and in it I will ask him to see what he can do about getting our players much better uniforms. Only then will we be able to achieve the heights that Colorado reached last season.

21. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    And I'm guessing that someone named Bilbo who mentions Lord of the Rings that early in his Big Soccer career probably rarely talks to the opposite sex.

22. Bilbo

Bilbo New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Box under I-25/ I-70
    I would bet your GM would love to hear from you guys. It would make him feel all warm inside if he knew there were more than just his family that cared about the team. Maybe you could go talk to your captain providing he is awake during visitors hours.

23. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Listen, this is your last chance. I ignored your first post and the other's replies to it. Trolling is something that BigSoccer does not tolerate. If you want to have a serious discussion thats fine. But this is not acceptable, and I won't put up with it any longer. If you continue to troll I'll report your post to the administrators and you could be banned from BigSoccer.

24. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Well, this thread didn't really go anywhere after the season closed down. Maybe we'll bring it back up as the season nears, but I still think some ideas should be thrown around for the upcoming season.
    In the meantime, I'm unstickying this thread.