Official BVB Transfer Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by gunner_21, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not salary-wise he didn't. And, Monaco has no income tax. He gets to keep ALL of his salary.

Life isn't always just about football for these players. They are human too.

Koller is 33, hasn't been married long and has a young child. He's a man trying to provide for his family's future and by going to Monaco, he's doing that quite well.

Some things come before trophies. Providing for your family's future definitely comes before trophies.

And don't forget, they may have sucked last season, but right before that, Monaco were in the CL Final.........

2. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

After the 2002 World Cup and before his injury.

He's already about as much on form as he's going to get. Some of you write as if Metzelder "just" recovered from his injury. It's been over a year now. The only thing he needs to "recover" is his confidence........

3. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WELCOME!!

We want Frei, but Rennes' asking price is far too high for us. Kicker speculates that Rennes are asking seven million Euros for Frei. I think BVB wants to pay no more than four.

We did sign Paraguay international striker Nelson Valdez from Werder Bremen. Most sources put his transfer fee at 4.7 million Euros.

Yes, there is interest in Tinga, but I don't recall anything concrete being said yet.

As far as signings go, I mentioned Valdez, who we clinched last week. There is also Martin Amedick, a young defender from 2. Bundesliga club Eintracht Braunschwig, who the club brass seems to like a lot. Amedick joins us on a free transfer.

We've also signed Steven Pienaar from Ajax Amsterdam. Pienaar is Rosicky's replacement and a South African international. He is also joining on a free transfer.

There was no way we were getting Podolski. Not only would he have not wanted to join us, but there was no way we could afford him. He could have only gone to a club willing to pay ten million Euros for him and pay him about 2M Euros per season.

That one club is FC Bayern. It sucks, but that's the reality in German football these days. Up top is Bayern and down below fighting to get to that level is everyone else. :mad:

4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I actually consider Tony a friend of mine, so you might consider my view biased.

However, I think your suspicions of Tony are unfounded.

He was a real player over here. He didn't play a lot when he first got to Berlin, but then he made his mark and when he moved to 1. FC Nuernberg, he not only played, but became a leading figure on the team.

I think he'd still be there had he not tried to play through a horrible back injury instead of getting surgery right away.

I didn't get to see him play in MLS, so I don't know if he's playing at the same level or not.

Seeing that he's no longer on the national team, I'd assume he isn't.......

5. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No, he isn't........

6. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

He's pretty old now (36?). He was an important member of the 2002 USA team. And at Hertha, I don't think he got a fair chance, but that was the year we were at our zenith (Champions League 2nd Knockout Stage, Bundesliga, etc.). The fact that he played 15 games may have had the due with the number of injuries we had with a small team, and if we weren't so invested in the Champions League, he probably would not have played as many games as he did. But he's a very professional player (Eyfoljur Sverisson, one of the greatest Hertha players ever, once praised his professionalism) and was a useful player.

7. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Providing for family...you're sounding like a NFL player now. :D

But I thought Koller wanted to go overseas to England for a new challenge? I'll say at Monaco, he and Chevanton will form the deadliest partnership in France...which, in that league, is not too hard to do. :p

8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Tony was one of the more versatile BL players in the last five to ten years.

9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was hoping to sound like a man with a family understanding another man with a family........

I didn't say Koller was doing it to "feed his family" like those f#cking idiots in the NBA (Latrell Sprewell & Shawn Kemp mainly).

Truthfully, I don't recall ayone in the NFL saying it.

I said Koller was doing it to secure his family's future.

As long as it paid him HUGE MONEY, yeah, he wanted to. He thought the big clubs would line up to sign him.

He was wrong. Maybe none of them had a use for a big 33 year old with a habit of missing open nets.

That being said, he should score 30 goals in France. Let's see what he does......

LOL!! Pretty much what I was getting at with my last sentences!!!

10. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Ty Law said it when the Patriots were trying to sign him. One of the reasons I don't follow the NFL anymore.

But I understand what you're trying to say. It just sounds less genuine when Koller makes 2 mio a year at Dortmund and you make...well whatever you make, I'm sure it's not as much as Koller makes. :p

Best of luck to Jan Koller...he is still one of my favorite players in the world and is a true professional. Good luck to him in the WC too (as long as he doesn't score against the US :D )

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks! I know T.O. said something about taking care of his family, but even though most Eagles fans sided with the team, I thought T.O. had a point......

Dude, don't hate the game. Hate the players! LOL!!

Yes, but I understand the law of supply and demand. Koller makes what he does because his skills are in much higher demand than mine.

Hell, most people make more than I do because their skills are in higher demand than mine! LOL!! :D

I'm not a communist. I understand why athletes make what they do and I don't hate them for it.

I only hate it when they get it and act like f#cking a$$holes.

I'm with you there. I get the feeling he's going to have a big World Cup and regret signing so soon.

But then again, to get him to sign now, I'll bet Monaco made him a f#cking sweet deal......

12. REMOVED

REMOVED New Member

Jul 22, 2004
    In one season he apparently played 7 games. In another season at Nuremberg he apparently played ZERO games. How is this being a "leading figure"? Does any avid soccer fan in Germany recall actually seeing this guy play for the first team in real league games? Anybody?

13. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I did when he played for Hertha. I think he was overwhelmed. He played against Barcelona in the Champions LEague and I think for a player of his caliber, I think he was overwhelmed. He wasn't really thought of well at Hertha, which is why he only lasted a year, but it was unfair on him because he was going into (what was then) one of the top sides in Germany and starting to assert herself in Europe.

14. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You do realize that your multi-forum spanning vendetta against Tony Sanneh isn't helping anyone, right?

15. REMOVED

REMOVED New Member

Jul 22, 2004
    It is very helpful. We have learned about former MLS front office personnel, Ghambia( a West African nation with large peanut farming), Ghambia has Sunni Muslims and Traditional Beliefs REligion, and no one does there homework before signing a player. No regard for season ticket holders money. In the future more due diligence will be performed and a higher standard will emerge in the MLS.

16. REMOVED

REMOVED New Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Question is why does Sanneh have a vendetta against soccer fans? City after city he extracts money from season ticket holders and then doesnt play. Gypsy's were apparently known for this years ago. If Sanneh comes to your town, hide your chickens.

17. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

Do you have a point? Otherwise, move on.

18. REMOVED

REMOVED New Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Nope. Just asking for German soccer fans to help us paying soccer customers here in Chicago. Soliciting recollections of Sanneh while in Germany. My sense is that he rarely if ever played for the 1st teams for Hertha or Nuremberg. "Old Lady Hertha" is helping out greatly and it is very appreciated. We just got totally screwed here in the US by Sanneh.

19. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    :rolleyes:

Just say that you think he's shit and move on this is the wrong forum to do it too.

20. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or as Keith would say, "What the f#ck is your problem?" :D

21. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

F#ck that guy. I could see by his last response, he only retained what he wanted to believe.

I have no time for those types.

22. HeyaBVB

HeyaBVB New Member

May 4, 2005
    Kiel, Germany
    Tony Sanneh was shit :)

I know that Keith don't like to hear this :)

But he was shit and had his heart on the right place

Not like Landon "I can play soccer but I am a whining bitch" Donovan :) *greets to BLT *G*

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That it comes from you, tells me all I need to know......

24. HeyaBVB

HeyaBVB New Member

May 4, 2005
    Kiel, Germany
    Keith you are biased cause you know Sanneh and because he is american

Even if he would be german I'd say he is only a mediocre player.

25. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nobody said he was a star!!! However, he wasn't s#it either and he was, at one point, one of FCN's top players!

You won't acknowledge that simply because he's American! Don't talk about me being biased toward him because of where he's from when you're biased against him for the very same reason!

That just makes you hypocritical on top of being DEAD WRONG!

You need to just stand down on this one. When it comes to Tony Sanneh and what he did at Nuernberg, you have zero credibility!