Official BVB Transfer Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by gunner_21, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunner_21

gunner_21 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Per Dead Fingers request..............

Rosicky snubs Arsenal for Atletico is the latest transfer "out" news.

2. gunner_21

gunner_21 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Re: BVB Transfer Rumours part 2

From the BVB Yahoo list:

Rosicky chooses Atletico Madrid over Arsenal
    tribalfootball.com - December 21, 2005

Borussia Dortmund midfielder Tomas Rosicky will snub Arsenal and join Atletico Madrid next month.
    Rosicky's agent Pavel Paska has revealed Rosicky has already rejected an offer from Arsenal and wants a move to Spain.

Dortmund are demanding £8 million for the midfielder, while Atletico have so far offered £6.5 million.

Dortmund are pushing for the deal to be closed before Christmas to give them enough time to find a replacement.

3. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes, but TribalFootball.com is also one of the most unreliable sources of news on the web. Worse than "Bild" and about as bad as "The Sun".

BVB controls this situation no matter what the hell Rosicky may want. If Atletico doesn't meet Herr Watzke's price, Rosicky isn't going to Atletico.

If Arsenal meets Watzke's price, Watzke goes to Rosicky and says "Go to Arsenal or stay here."

Then, we really get to see how badly Rosicky wants out........ ;)

4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The last articles I read about de Jong say he's talking to Man U.......

5. gunner_21

gunner_21 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Cumberland, Maryland

If he goes, I'd prefer Arsenal. :D

6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The best way for either of them to get a deal done is to offer Watzke 15M. However, I think Atletico believes the press and thinks they can lowball BVB, while Arsenal either isn't really interested or think they can rob BVB again as they did when the F#CKING IDIOTS in the previous management practically GAVE Jens Lehmann to Arsenal!

Unlike those dumba$$es, Watzke seems to know what fair market value for his players is and won't accept less.

7. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

Nigel de Jong had talks with Borussia Dortmund last Wednesday according to an interview he gave a Dutch newspaper (telegraaf). He said that Borussia is a serious option as he wants to be sure to be a permanent starter in his new club.

8. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

yeah same thing is written here
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Nigel de Jong is in talks with Borussia Dortmund about signing for the club next summer.

The Manchester United target is out of contract in 2006, and is keen to join a club where he will get regular football.

"For me Borussia is certainly a serious option, because it's important for me to get as much playing time as I can," he revealed.

Ajax team-mate Steven Pienaar is also likely to make the move to BVB, although that is unlikely to take place in January as initial reports had suggested.
    and looks like Rosicky won't be joining Atletico
    Borussia Dortmund have pulled out of a deal to sell Tomas Rosicky to Atletico Madrid.

The Czech Republic ace appeared primed to move to La Liga during January's transfer window, although Arsenal have been watching the situation.

Dortmund had been demanding €13 million (£9 million) before they would consent to Rosicky's New Year exit.

But Atletico only offered €9.5 million (£6.5 million) and Dortmund have now broken off negotiations with their Spanish counterparts.

"It has come out as I expected," Dortmund business manager Hans-Joachim Watzke told Die Welt.

"Atletico general manager Miguel Angel Gil has not contacted us again, so that is why it is sure Tomas will stay in Dortmund."

The Bundesliga giants' decision has left Rosicky deflated as he is now likely to stay with Dortmund for the rest of the season.

Rosicky said: "What can I do when two clubs are not able to reach an agreement? I have a contract here."

The collapse of talks could now open the way for Arsenal to make a bid, although Rosicky's agent Pavel Paska accepts it is a complex situation.

Paska said: "The talks are very complicated, I will not comment on Dortmund's statement."

9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I know there is a real chance this can happen, but again, I'll believe it when I see it. I do have more confidence in this management team not to blow it than I did in the old one.

10. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As said, I'll believe this when I see it. Not saying it won't happen, but I'll believe it when I see it......

He was never "likely" to move to Atletico in the first place. You can't believe everything you read in the press. Obviously, Atletico believed what they read and thought they could "lowball" BVB because of our financial situation. Our old management would have probably jumped at their "lowball" offer, but this management team seems to know what our players are worth, and furthermore, won't accept anything less for them.

THIS and a fully competent trainer was what we were been missing since we won the Champions' League......

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Guys, please ignore the bulls#it rumors coming out of Spain that BVB has agreed to Atletico's price for Rosicky.

BVB "supremo" Hans-Joachim Watzke has already rubbished the rumor.

I'd advise you not to believe anything on this issue unless it comes from BVB.

12. gunner_21

gunner_21 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Cumberland, Maryland
  13. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Pretty much. And it's pretty much what I've been telling you guys the entire time.

You can't always believe what you read in the press. Especially when it comes to transfers involving BVB........

14. Hypo-Luxa

Hypo-Luxa New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Austin,TX

So is this Frei rumour just a rumour or do Dortmund have legitimate talks in progress?

Frei would be a fantastic signing and would fit in nicely with the youth movement already firmly in place. Just hope he wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

Plus, I'm gunning for a DeJong move myself. One of Ajax's prime assets and only a Sneijders move would make me happier...

15. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

Rumours are that BVB and Frei already agreed on a possible contract. Still I am pessimistic as IMHO we won't be able to satisfy Rennes' demands. We should rather look out for Bosman-transfers and use our transfer money wisely.

16. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Frei is too expensive for most clubs in die Bundesliga. His own goal-scoring record maybe his undoing if he wants to go a big club, because it seems no one is willing to pony up that kind of money for a Ligue Un top scorer...

17. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Agree TOTALLY!!!

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Agree. I wouldn't pay what they want for Frei. There will be a few interesting youngsters available either cheap or free within the Bundesliga.

19. Hypo-Luxa

Hypo-Luxa New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Austin,TX

Understood and I realize why Rennes would command such a high fee. That's why I was taken aback by the rumour in general, not because of a lack of ambition, moreso a lack of desire to shell out such a massive amount on someone whose talent could maybe we could get for cheaper somewhere else.

20. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
  21. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

doublepost

22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

And that's where I catched these news. ;-)

24. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver

Almost spit out my water when I read that one.

25. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I can't see Rosicky staying in Germany. Plus, Bayern have no use for him and they won't pay BVB's price for him. Besides, isn't the Paraguayan dude Bayern just signed tapped to be Ballack's replacement?