Official Boston Red Sux Death Watch...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by eric d, Jul 30, 2002.

1. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998
    Anyone want to figure out what the Red Sux's Tragic Number is?

2. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Piss off, Yankee fan. :rolleyes:

3. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998

Wah Wah Wah

4. Ellison

Ellison Member

Jan 11, 2000
    New Jersey
    I have a feeling Ortiz out duels Pedro tonight.

5. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998
    So that would mean -6.

6. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Race will be over by labor day, as it is every year.

Unless the Sox acquire Kenny Rogers of course, in which case it ends that day. Per Espn they are after him. Sometimes, they make it too easy for us to win...

7. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't count out the Sox just yet. They got Cliff Floyd. Their lineup looks pretty stacked right now and I'm sure they got another move planned. I hope it's enough to overthrow the Skankees.

8. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998

infinity

9. MassachusettsRef

MassachusettsRef Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, we won it that year.

10. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    I think it was a typo. He probably meant to put 1918 in one column, and all of the others in another column.

So, race is on for who can put up a cool century of championship-less baseball. Will it be you, or the Cubs?

11. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, those numbers don't even have any significance. I think he's just trying to make a statement.

12. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Landsdowne Road chokers.

All Red Sox fans will be lining up at Jillian's pool hall, at least they'll have a shot at winning something.

The Red Sox will implode like an antiquated noisy Soviet nuclear submarine.

Boston University has a better chance at resurrecting their college football program than the Sox winning the WS.

13. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry, what's that I hear? Oh yeah, its the Yankee "fans" who show up only when their team is winning. Where were you losers in the 80s whem your team was in last place? Those 9,000 person crowds really showed what Yankee fans were made of. You guys are a bunch of bandwagoners, nothing more. Just like all the fans of the Dallas Cowboys back in the mid 90s. Your owner is an indicted criminal, your best pitcher is a gutless, no class excuse for an athlete, and your second best pitcher is in the US illegally. The Yankees represent capitalism at its worst.

Go ahead, call me a whiner. It won't me any less right. I'd rather have heart than be a Yankee fan any day.

14. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998

Never let facts get in the way of a good whine.

Where were the Yankee fans in the 80's? At the stadium where else? You mean the Yankess who had the best win/ loss record during the decade of the 80's? The Yankees that had a few bad years but still pulled in the fans?

Oh yeah. I guess the only thing more pathetic than a whinning Red Sux fan is a whinning fan of the only team worse then them- the Flubs.

Our best pitcher right now is Andy Pettite- he's gutless? News to me. Our second best pitcher is David Wells- I thought he was from San Diego. Is that part of Mexico again?

Pass over whatever your smoking pally.

15. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998
    And if you needed another laugh, this joker has got ManU as the team listed first in his profile. Muhahahah.

16. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you know who he was referring to: Roger the Dodger. It's true though, how many people all of a suddenly became Yankee fans when they started winning titles? I'd say just about everyone. After going to game 3 of the 2000 World Series, you could tell that most of the Yankee fans were frontrunners. Lookin at some of those people, it screamed out "I don't belong here". Nothing worse than frontrunners, well maybe except Yankee fans themselves.

17. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998

In New York????? Did you just get off the boat?

P.S. Game 3 of the 2000 World Series was played in Shea Stadium.

18. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm....no I was born and raised in Queens. What's your point? And yes, I know game 3 was at Shea Stadium. I went to the game. But what do you expect? Everyone to be Met fans? Hardly so my friend. Just go to any of the interleague subway series games and you'll see how mixed it is.

19. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any real Yankee fan laments the fact that the Hitman is the greatest Yankee never to win a ring (94 was one of his better chances). OOzes class from here to eternity, so go drop a protein load on your grandma's nose.

George being banned from the game gave the Stick and Showalter a chance to build the team from scratch after George ruined it in the 80s.

I'd rather have our team owner be an indicted criminal instead of an owner who thought he was a burgeoning theatrical financier.

What was the name of that play, No No Nanette? Must have won the Tony that year. Better than Cats or a Chorus Line, right?

[middlefinger pointed in the direction of the cess pool known as Choker's Park]

Bill Buckner was on the Yankee payroll.

20. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, of all the Yankees that I wanted to win a ring, it was Donnie Baseball. I liked him as a kid. But the great strike of '94 had to intervene in what could've been his greatest chance like you said. Imagine that, an Expos/Yankees World Series back then. Eight years later, look at the state of the game. Now you have the Yankee juggernaut snatching any big name player they can get their hands on. Didn't King George say when he first bought the team that he'd have minimal involvement with the team? Strange. Hiring a PI on Dave Winfield? Classy. But I give him credit. What King George wants, King George gets. And Buckner on the Yankee payroll? That one flew over my head. Maybe you can explain that one.

21. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joking. But that would be a conspiracy theory formulated from the 617 area code.

22. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998

First off, I was also at Game 3. And although your team won the Yankee fans were much louder- as has been the case in all interleague games between us thus far.

Secondly, what the ************ was the point you are trying to make again. You need to go to Yankee Stadium and see the difference between that and the airplane hangar you play in. The difference in fan intensity is amazing. Got a family of 4 and are looking for a quiet evening- go to the opera or Shea. Going out with a few friends and want to get a little drunk and rowdy- go to Yankee Stadium. There is no comparison.

Thirdly, Met fan ************ off back to the baseball welfare line. This is about the Red Sux. Funny how the wankers like MassRef havent come back since taking on Clifford the Dog. Adding a big payroll- how Yankee like. HYPOCRITES.

23. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm gotta disagree with you on that one. The Mets fans were making some noise. When we scored the go ahead runs, I didn't seem to hear you guys too much.

Second, I don't know how you can say Yankee fans are more intense then Met fans. How does Yankee Stadium hold an edge over Shea? Both fans are passionate and I don't think one is louder than the other. Believe me, I've been to plenty of Met games to know how intense the crowd can get. Oh, and nice try on the "want to get drunk and rowdy?" part. Cuz you know, it's so hard to get beer at any other stadium and make an ass out of yourself.

Third, off to the baseball welfare line? We have one of the highest payrolls in the league buddy. And you calling Red Sox fans hypocrites just cuz you read that article on ESPN.com?

24. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998

How are those Rialtin prescriptions going?

The whole point(s) flew right over your head and it is too nice a day out for me to break them down so a simpleton like yourself can comprehend. Re-read if need be, invite a friend to help you out.

25. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dunno buddy, I ran out of pills so you might have to help me out. Seems like I covered everything I needed to. I understood your points or at least I thought I did. C'mon, help this simpleton out.