Official Bolivia vs Chile WCQ 2014

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by atsegnorts, May 21, 2012.

1. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    This match must have been terrible to watch for Bolivians... we basically played with 12 men... that ref sucked balls and saved out asses.

Eber1990 and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  2. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We played awful. We looked lost and without a script or plan. Yes, the referee was horribly partial to the chileans, but we lost the game because of us. Except for MAYBE Arce,no one played with guts.

I stopped watching after the 60th minute. We are a shame to watch.

3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think Pena should have started too. He isn't used to the National team (Pedriel).

He can get better with more time, but he just didnt look usedto playing for la sele. In time, he can be something.

Yes.... we missed ALOT of chances.... but those 2 handballs would have turned the game for us around with a PK to give us a goal. Had we scored first with that early handball on a PK, this game would have been ours to keep scoring. It's all mental....

The ref IMO was giving them all their calls. Remember that play were Pena slotted the ball between the two chile defenders, and they basically clotheslined him? No call... had that been Alexis that would have been a red card and a FK outside the box.

Remember when Pedriel got kicked in the gut by the last defender in Chile? That's a red, regardless if it wasn't on purpose. He took down the last guy before the keeper!!!

We get no luck... I am already over us trying to get to 2014. Is it still possible? Too lazy to look into it...

4. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Quinteros needs to go, not because he is such a bad coach but because a change is due. He had the right tactict, but stuck with his players, and they screwd him. Gutierrez plays in brasil, but rides the bench, Rivero from Bloming played 5 games this yr. what a joke. Vaca sould never ever be called up again, he shit his pants at the site of a red uniform. In defense I only liked Vargas, the rests all looked like clowns. In the mid Campos is a choke artist, afraid to win. Chuma was not a difference maker, Flores choping wood as usual, and Escobar a big disapointment. Up front nothing special. Botom line we say goodbye to our hopes early again.
    I liked Cardozo, and Pena when they came in,they should start next game. We need to get the yung guys in now, like Valverde, and the San Jose goalie.

5. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    So I enjoyed a wonderful day at the track, then off to the pool, bbq'ing and now some wonderful relaxation.

How was your day gents? :D

6. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Glad you enjoyed your day, I almost broke a knucle punching the floor while watching that game. Maybe next game ill do what you did. But we all know..... That sh** will creep in to our heads and not let us sleep even if you didnt watch the game.
    So who am I kidding next sat Ill be there fighting my floor once again Viva Bolivia Carajo!!!!

sergtp repped this.
  7. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I don't think we played awful at all. We did look withoutma script though.We broke down and then we had no plan to get back up from our fall at halftime.Chumacero played great along with Flores,Escobar and campos. Only thing is that Campos didn't keep composure and missed a couple shots on goal. Only thing missing was our killer instinct.

Yeah Pedriel definitely needs regularity. He tried hard and put his heart on the field.

Those non calls were just horrible

We still have a slim chance since we played the most talented teams in Conmebol at this point.losing to Colombia and Chile at home hurt us.

Pedriel and Pena both got fouled hard .both those calls we're either penalties or free kicks right outside the box

Rivero should have been a sub at this point with his playing time. I'd have to point out that Vargas was partly responsible for the 2nd goal with his sloppy slide tackle and then Vaca with that weak ass attempt at a save.i thought Mendez and Gutierrez were good.

You know you watched it too lol.

dreyx2000 repped this.
  8. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Worst match to watch in years lol. Seriously.. Borghi's plan was foreseeable and I'm just crushed we couldn't execute. No doubt Chile has technical talent and can execute. Just wish we could have held it together when it comes to time management

9. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Completely forgot about the game, I thought it was tomorrow.

This thread = :cry::cry:

And I ain't even mad

Just saw the highlights on SC, our defense met expectations lol

10. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    This was THE best chance Bolivia had to beat us, we played like crap, let's face it. We didn't have a shot on goal till min 30 or something... Borghi is still struggling to make this team click. We only scored because one of your defenders gave us an assist!!! The second goal came when we were already 11 v 10...

11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That is true, we missed soooo many chances. This isn't the same Chile team that beat us in la paz badly the last qualifiers.

Either way, I was sad that the ref really changed the way of the game. We should have had a PK IMO on that hand ball in the game. Also us going down to 10 men through Gutierrez getting a red.... changed the game for us. Our defense was crap after that.

12. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    To stay positive I'm officially riding the Chuma rail. Unlike any other Bolivian I've ever seen debut, he made his presence felt and really did haul ass in the match. He's that little engine that we needed. Chuma runs up and down like a little machine. He recovers balls, defends, but also adds himself to attack quickly and inside the other teams box in no time.

Dustyvinyl repped this.
  13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree. With the space they gave him.... he ran with it!! Very impressive. I am sure he just gained some suitors in south america.

14. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Hard luck for Bolivia. I'm Chilean; I saw the game and can honestly say that the referee was Chile's best player. He made some big mistakes.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  15. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    I'm worried we've used up all our karma... we'll pay for this against Venezuela... :D

Maybe Bolivia will get a couple of free penalties next match?

16. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I would assume that if luck works in inexplicable ways, Chile's 'wait & see' or 'trial & error' style [ :laugh: ] will have to falter at some point. It seems natural that it should be against Venezuela considering how poorly the team played this round. If Bolivia doesn't get the free penalties next round, they'll have to get them at some stage.

17. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Quinteros is a good coach with a lot of work to do that he is totally capable of doing. firing him will only put us back to square one and will have a vicious cycle of losing and firing. remember that we have M3 for the next game and i think pena and cardozo should start. Give it time but i think we'll have a good run at these qualifiers if we're patient. Remember we are the worst team in SA with the worst league still IMO so these things are expected to happen

18. Marco1869

Marco1869 New Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Houston
    17 games played under his command and we've won 1. Need i mention it was against Cuba's B team.

dreyx2000 and Dustyvinyl repped this.
  19. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree with kidd. What else can he do?? Our guys just couldnt put it in the net, minux generating great chances!!! He can;t put the ball in himself!

20. Marco1869

Marco1869 New Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Houston
    I'm sorry, but I feel that if after 17 games we can only win once then any change would be for the better. I assure you that with a quality coach our players would be disciplined enough to to score on those great chances they missed.

dreyx2000 repped this.
  21. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Let's be realistic tho... we have no chance of qualifying, no coach is gonna change that. Our D is just pathetic.

boliviankidd622 and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  22. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I could not agree more, except that the entire team looked anemic. Those guys are the best we have and they are miles behind every othernational team. Just look at the chilean roster ( or even Peru for all that matters), and you can see where they play and the level of soccer they practice.
    We have none of that, and this is the result. Too bad the chilean fans tore up the giant bolivian flag when it was being displayed before the game, because it tarnished an otherwise well-deserved win.

Eber1990 and sergtp repped this.
  23. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I did agree with letting Quintero go, but I have thought about it. Let's face it the problem is higher up, we all know it. There is a bunch of crooked mfers running the Bolivian Federation, we can't cover the sun with a finger. Just look at how they cut the "microcyclos", we have no friendlyes, constantly players get "hurt" so as not to attend the training sections with the nats. Who can work under those circumstances? At least this guy puts them in a place to win, now if Campos shits his pants in front of the goal that is not Quinteros fault. Yes the results are horrible, one win in 17 games. Another coach will come and win a couple of games, but we keep the Crooks up top.

boliviankidd622 and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  24. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bingo. Quinteros is trying his best.... he just doesn't have the talent IMO.

Our guys could have had plenty of goals... we just didn't finsih any of it.

boliviankidd622 repped this.
  25. ansuarez9

ansuarez9 Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Arlington
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    sergtp repped this.