Official Big Soccer Sopranos Thread

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by supersport, Sep 6, 2002.

1. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You think Silvio listens to Springsteen? :)

Johnny Sack's probably all about the Sinatra.

Dr. Melfi screams adult contemporary.

2. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Like the bit about "Little Steven."

I bet Melfi listens to Enya.

3. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    and john tesh.

4. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And maybe some Kenny G. *wince*

Tony must have some Thorogood in his car. He must.

5. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    What was he listening to when he had the panic attack while driving a couple of seasons ago?

6. Chowderhead

Chowderhead Member

Aug 3, 1999
    Central Falls, RI
    A few of the cement heads at work were disappointed in Sunday's episode. I thought it was great. The domestic tension is heightening and it can be felt. The squalor of the lifestyle (on an emotional level) and all of the uncertainty can be felt, as well. How this show captures all that is brilliant. I'm happy with it being more of a domestic drama.

7. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was that the episode where he was listening to "White Rabbit"?

8. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    Smoke on the Water I believe.

9. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    Last night I was in Barnes and Noble and checked out the books by the guys who play Bobby Bacala and Ralphie. Bobby's is sorta a humor book on how to be a Goomba while Ralphie's is more of an autobiography.

10. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    Lots of ActionTonight!

So much to write about tonight:

- Nice misdirection by HBO regarding Gloria! Not a suprise that she killed herself, the way she was acting toward the end. Nice dream by Tony about her where we see that the roof is starting to cave in.

- Artie Buco once again proves that he is not Mafia material. He tries to get into the loanshark business and gets screwed. Tony, with Gloria on his mind, uses his weird form of coping with the news to let Artie off the hook.

- Another step in Chris' eventual downfall takes place as Tony makes him his eventual mouthpiece. Looks like he may become the next rat down the road.

- A.J. has a hot girlfriend!

- Meadow gets hotter each episode!

- Waaaah we are halfway through the season!

11. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Great episode.

My favorite line was Tony and Janice at dinner. Something like this:

Tony: Did you ever know someone who killed themself?
    Janice: Of course, I lived in Seattle.

12. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Re: Lots of ActionTonight!

A hot girlfriend with a dad who's loaded. That makes her even hotter. :)

13. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Re: Lots of ActionTonight!

that is the second misdirection this season from a preview; the other being when tony was being followed from the mysterious vehicle in the parking garage a few episodes back and it looked to be someone thinking about a possible hit on tony.

what a pansy. good god, at least furio is taking care of the problem...

add to that her loaded family (picasso on the walls?) and a.j. is currently dating the woman i have been looking for the first 25 years of my life.

yea, she was looking good in business attire...

14. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really wish they would stop with the misdirection. It's making the show look like any other series on tv. That is bad.

15. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll agree that it's kind of annoying, but they're trying REALLY hard to make this season unpredictable, and the misdirection is just part of that.

16. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    A pretty good episode overall, but yeah we don't need to get thrown curves in every episode. The only really flaw in last nights, IMO, was the Artie thing. Tony knows Artie doesn't have what it takes to strong arm the French guy, so why didn't he just send Furio with Artie the first time. It was pretty funny when the guy opened the door and Furio was standing there, last season we would have got to see Furio kick the sh!t out of the guy, this season they are really cutting down on the violence.

17. Big Head Ed

Big Head Ed New Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Landenberg, PA
    This season has been very slow and dissappointing so far. I hope it gets better

18. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    what? i thought this years has been pretty damn good so far...

19. Big Head Ed

Big Head Ed New Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Landenberg, PA
    Not enough going on, no violence this year. It seems like they are trying to build it up so that any one person or persons could get offed this year. Last season couple people whacked here and there but this year just some retired cop who made no impact a loose end ex guma of tony. I mean come on lets get into it already. It has been 5 or 6 episodes and nothing really happened so far.

20. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly, that's what's great about it. You don't know what's going to happen.

21. sdeshw

sdeshw New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Kenton, OH
  22. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    not quite sure what to make of tonights show...

the one thing that i found to be interesting yet again is the whole carmela/furio thing that seems to be going on...but it may end sooner than we might wanna see it end as the previews for next week tend to lean towards furio heading back to italy, and not returning anytime soon.

who knows...maybe just not long enough for me to digest the episode...

23. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adriana: "My uterus got pierced."
    Chris: "Both of 'em?"

24. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I liked last night's show. Just when you get the idea that Chris and Tony are human, they do crap like they did last night. Christopher's reaction to Adriana when she told him she might not be able to get pregnant was terrible. Even worse was Tony beating the councilman with his belt. Why does he care that someone is screwing his "former" guma (sp)?

I like the fact the little Carmela and Furio sub plot. What the hell happened to him that he wouldn't come in the house? Did he start feeling guilty about being horny for his boss' wife?

25. sdeshw

sdeshw New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Kenton, OH

Maybe it wasn't so much the fact that he was pissed about the congressman screwing her, but that Tony wanted to screw her then and there, but since he was there, it wasn't going to happen, and with his anger management issues, he flew off the handle. I mean he was clearly crying in the drive to her place.